EBT feature suggestions

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT feature suggestions

Post by lmviterbo »

What languages should I learn and honestly how long should it take for me to be able to fix some problems in EBT's code?

I'm a relatively fast learner but I have only dealt with very basic programming (long time ago: some BASIC, Texas Instruments calculators' language, Cobol, Microsoft Word's macro language; nowadays: only very simple Excel tricks, even simpler tricks on VBA for Word and Excel). Also, I'm 54 years old, which means I am probably a slower learner than 30 years ago.

I have no idea if the answer will be 50 hours or 50 months.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Would a "you have lost x hit(s) since your last visit" feature/message be very difficult to implement? It's just something that occurred to me. We have a message for the good news, one for the not-so-good news would be equally useful (namely because some people like to update their stats/games whenever their hit-count changes). :)
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally2cv
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by wally2cv »

Ik kan het niet in het Engels uitleggen , maar ih mogelijk als je een commentaarveld aanklikt, je te weten komt welke biljetten je hebt ingegeven met dat commentaar . bvb ik klik Belfius aan en krijg als antwoord x :note-5: x :note-10: x :note-20: ...
PSV-Fan since 1970

Eppur si muove (Theme 11th worldmeeting of 2cv-friends Ptuj, Slovenia 1995)
perepelita
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by perepelita »

can we have more flags added to the forum smilies? like I'm not asking for all countries of the world ofc but at least the missing European countries (Russia, Ukraine, etc.) would be nice

so :flag-ru: :flag-ua:, etc.
De Slak
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by De Slak »

On initial registration new users could be advised to save eurobilltracker.com to their favorite websites.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

On the English WhatsApp Group, the Catalan EBTor JordiJan has made an improvement suggestion related to public serials that I fully subscribe:

If a banknote is registered and the system verifies it to be a public serial, a special message should show up instead of the usual "Bill was entered and is a hit! Click $link to view the report". JordiJan's suggestion for this special case was:
This serial is public. If you do not post a photo of your within 24 hours with an up-to-date newspaper it will be deleted.
My suggestion is a little different:
Bill was entered. Because its serial number is in EBT's log of <a href="https://eurobilltracker.com/faq/?comman ... ">publicly known serial numbers</a>, the system assumes you do not have this note with you (or it's a fantasy note). If you do have it, though, please send a <a href="/my_support/">support request</a> and you'll be asked to provide a photo proof.
philgelico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Arras, France - Voiron, France - Lido di Dante, Italy

Post by philgelico »

I want to report a problem when a city's-profile is displayed :
on the webpage appears a map showing the location of all hits. And a message appears : "This map is currently being generated", but the map is actually never been generated at all.
This problem is not recent.
I don't know the resaon why no map is displayed.
Here is a screenshot ( it's a random city's-profile, but the problem is the same, whatever the city you want to display )
Please can you solve the problem ?
Attachments
map2.jpg
map2.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
Si tu veux voler avec les aigles, éloigne-toi des paons. (proverbe d'origine inconnue)
千里之行 始于足下, proverbe chinois
اتَّكَلْنا منه على خُصٍّ الاتحاد قوة, proverbe arabe
ספר המעשיות: כולל אגדות וסיפורים מתוך קובץ כ"י ישן, proverbe sanskrit
Ludwigsfeld
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Ludwigsfeld »

i already posted this in the communication sub forum, but i think its a good idea to post it here again:

I thought it could be an amazing idea to set up a discord server for our community.
I think that almost everybody has a discord account by now and honestly, i think it could be a great and dynamic way of communication for EBT.

Its free to set up a server and the work required to moderate and set up channels is manageable in my opinion.

What do you think?? Could this be the next step for EBT???

Greetings,

Ludwigsfeld
Hubert.bdlb
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Hubert.bdlb »

Hello,

There is not the letter F in diffusion histogram

Return to “Feedback and Development”