Firefox/changes in Expert form?

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Firefox/changes in Expert form?

Post by SeanW »

Hi everyone. Having a slight problem here in that ever since "I" upgraded Firefox (wasn't given much choice) to Beta V7, the Expert EBT forum no longer fits horizontally on my 1024 pixel wide screen. Everything is stretched out, the text boxes are all wider than the data now, and there's more space between boxes than there should be.

Probably a new FF issue but I have two questions:
Has anyone else noticed changes (adverse or otherwise) in the appearance/layout of the EBT Expert form in newer versions of FireFox?

Could the developer(s) double check the Expert form code to make sure it's not causing unexpected issues.

I've attached two pictures - one is a snapshot of the Expert form in EBT taken from Internet Explorer showing how it should look, and used to look on the old Firefox, the other snapshot is what it looks like in the new Firefox. Notice that the IE pic doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar - for the simple reason that everything is displayed properly and fits, so the scrollbar isn't needed.
How it should look
How it should look
EBTform-InternetExplorer.png (227.08 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
How FF now interprets it
How FF now interprets it
EBTform-NewFirefox.png (357.14 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Firefox/changes in Expert form?

Post by JHN-TX »

Just downloaded the new version,everything fits just fine :?
I can`t get the edit or view tabs to appear yet.
Maybe if you click on view tab you may be able to change something.
I downloaded standard version.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

JHN-TX wrote:Just downloaded the new version,everything fits just fine :?
I can`t get the edit or view tabs to appear yet.
Maybe if you click on view tab you may be able to change something.
I downloaded standard version.
Found tabs.
Have you tried F11 (view full screen)

Do you have any problem getting used notes from the bank of Ireland :?:
Last edited by JHN-TX on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

I'm using FF7b myself and didn't notice any problems. It's most likely the content of the right side boxes causing the scrollbars. Try disabling them.

Btw the IE pic looks wrong. Is teh auto-suggestion working for the city field?
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SeanW »

JHN-TX wrote:Do you have any problem getting used notes from the bank of Ireland :?:
No difficulty at all - I have my main current account there and many branches (Mullingar, Trinity Dublin, Cork City Centre) have "Secure cash" rooms, as an accountholder you can just waltz in there and exchange crazy amounts of money, I usually do this to get €5s and sometimes €10s.

But the secure cash rooms are not well marked (you usually have to ask to find them) and you have to use a buzzer to be let into the room. They often also close for lunch and close up for the day before the branch itself so you need to watch for that too.
I'm using FF7b myself and didn't notice any problems. It's most likely the content of the right side boxes causing the scrollbars. Try disabling them.

Btw the IE pic looks wrong. Is teh auto-suggestion working for the city field?
If you examine the pictures closely you will see that the text boxes are too wide and there's too much space between them. The IE pic is probably right as it looks very much like how FF used to show the form.

You probably don't notice the issue because you likely have a wider monitor.
Try testing the expert form with a window no wider than 1024 pixels to see what I mean. Using new FF and old FF if you can also IE.

I'm not sure about auto suggestion (is that an IE feature? I don't know cause i never use IE) but if you'd like to define it a little I'd be more than happy to test it for you.
SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SeanW »

@JHN-TX I just realised that your question was more specific than I had initially read it - tbh I've never specified "old notes" but perhaps the individual clerk might be able to help by seeking some older notes for your cash pile, I've only ever got batches of new notes from Secure Cash rooms twice - in Mullingar each time I had asked for €500 worth of 5s and got batches new from the printer - with original Oberthur paper band and everything. No hits obviously.
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

SeanW wrote:@JHN-TX I just realised that your question was more specific than I had initially read it - tbh I've never specified "old notes" but perhaps the individual clerk might be able to help by seeking some older notes for your cash pile, I've only ever got batches of new notes from Secure Cash rooms twice - in Mullingar each time I had asked for €500 worth of 5s and got batches new from the printer - with original Oberthur paper band and everything. No hits obviously.
AIB are not giving out used notes anymore.
They have been ordered by "regulator" :lol: :roll: :cry: to send all used notes to sorting office.
When I went in looking for used notes they thought I was an inspector ,checking to see if they were obeying the rules.
They are afraid to give out these old notes.
My very first hit was with a batch of used notes from AIB Tuam road http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=73592255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was no help on Firefox problem,I use Google chrome.
I wonder if the new version of FF did something to your display settings :?:

SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SeanW »

So, you go into your bank, AIB and all you get is newly printed notes? That's a bummer :(
BTW this regulator thing sounds like a load of bs, think you agree given your use of quotes and smileys.
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

SeanW wrote:So, you go into your bank, AIB and all you get is newly printed notes? That's a bummer :(
BTW this regulator thing sounds like a load of bs, think you agree given your use of quotes and smileys.
There was no regulation when we needed it,now they are coming out with these stupid silly little rules they make no difference at all.
I overheard some of the staff talking about early retirement packages.
I suppose they don`t want to do anything to mess it up.
Although when I told staff why I wanted the notes,they were happy enough.

EDIT.
Did you stamp a few notes down in Cork :?:
I see one or two new users :idea:

jonman
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by jonman »

(just to keep this thread off-topic:)
when asking for :note-5: at aib i did get uncirculated notes twice. but once (e.g. http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=98018371) i only got used notes. and :note-5: were the only notes that i got in uncirculated condition at aib. in general i found aib more reluctant to change for non-customers though.
My profile
22.9.14 90. :note-200: entered
9.9.14 50. :note-500: entered
17.8.14 300. hit occured
12.8.14 550. :note-100: entered
28.7.14 5000. :note-10: entered
16.11.13 3 years of EBT
10.9.13 25000. note entered
30.7.13 15000. :note-5: entered
23.7.13 2500. :note-20: entered
7.2.13 1000. :note-50: entered
SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SeanW »

JHN-TX wrote:There was no regulation when we needed it,now they are coming out with these stupid silly little rules they make no difference at all.
So sad and so true. But this story of the "regulator" sounds like a crock because I get circulation notes in varying conditions as a matter of routine.
Did you stamp a few notes down in Cork :?:
I see one or two new users :idea:
Haven't got my printer set up yet.
SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SeanW »

jonman wrote:(just to keep this thread off-topic:)
when asking for :note-5: at aib i did get uncirculated notes twice. but once (e.g. http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=98018371) i only got used notes. and :note-5: were the only notes that i got in uncirculated condition at aib. in general i found aib more reluctant to change for non-customers though.
Its usually hit or miss in Irish banks as a non-accountholder.

I've always been able to change bills at post offices. As a visitor or EBT tourist, these would be my first call in all cases, not only because they're more willing to change notes but because they're open later than banks.
Ulster Bank I was able to make change get 5s a couple of times, once got told "we don't usually do this for non-customers but ..." but after being rejected twice I gave up.
AIB was OK but I never tried to change more than €50 at a time at a regular cashier desk.
BOI, in the cash room in Mullingar sometimes made the change without asking for my account but all the others did in all cases.
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

I can see F11 was no good. When I zoomed in,got the scrollbars.When I closed browser and then reopened it on EBT site ,I was still "zoomed in"
Try view zoom out a couple of times. Ctrl - -

I don`t think view zoom out was working on my browser, try Ctrl minus minus instead

Edit
When you click on notes,can you see all 30 notes on page,(at same time )or do you have to scroll down :?:
Edit
You might hit the maximize button also.

Edit.
I sometimes use Opera and reload page every 10 seconds.
This gives a constant stream of notes being entered.

JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

jonman wrote:(just to keep this thread off-topic:)
I hope you left a few of those Ulster bank :note-5: in Galway. :)
How did you get the used notes. :?:
Edit
Does anyone know how to add a link to your signature :?:

R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

JHN-TX wrote:Does anyone know how to add a link to your signature :?:
Just as you would on the forum:
N.I.G. stats
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.

Return to “Feedback and Development”