Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Re: Fake locations

Post by an-148 »

............ and during this time, real location fakers continue their offenses, smiling (very loud) about this useless discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

an-148 wrote:............ and during this time, real location fakers continue their offenses, smiling (very loud) about this useless discussion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
things are different, are years that location fakers are dirtying the database (like tram-love) may be with this discussion somebody will start to do something
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

let's try to distinguish 3 types of fake locations:
1. the good town and an imaginary country, like Cologne in Albania (happens recently very often!)
2. the town where the bill is spend instead of received (like tram-love)
3. the whole location is fake: like registering bills in Ushuaia a bill received in Florence !

to number 1. : I guess a tool can be found easily and a corrrecting team could handle easy with it!
to number 2. : I believe that the tool can be found also: the same team could displace the bill in the hometown of the user.
to number 3: difficult solution

if we can already correct numbers 1 and 2, it would be fine !
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

an-148 wrote:...2. the town where the bill is spend instead of received (like tram-love)
if we can already correct numbers 1 and 2, it would be fine !
are you sure? we discovered tram-love only thank to the comment, if there is no comment I found very difficult discover this.
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

number 1 (happens frequently nowadays) is possible to correct immediately, given we have the tool and the team.
number 2 (happens less frequently, at least by one well-known user) depends mostly from comments, like you say, but if we already can clean this one, it would already be interresting
number 3: in my eyes, only possible via IP address for long lasting location fakers, keeping in mind that many users register holiday or travel bills once back at home: to find occasionnal location fakers is almost impossible ! only users that do it repetidly can be found (some times ago there was a greek user registering bills all over Europe : 1 or 2 bills in Ioannina, 1 or 2 in Helsinki, 1 or 2 in Malaga, and so on every day, even with a private supersonic plane, he could not be able to be in all locations the same day, day after day : by luck he stopped registering ... and I believe not hit is concerned)
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

an-148 wrote:number 3: in my eyes, only possible via IP address for long lasting location fakers
  1. Install tor.
  2. Use any geoip service to know what is your apparent country.
  3. Enter notes from that country.
Bollivierke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Bollivierke »

dserrano5 wrote:
an-148 wrote:number 3: in my eyes, only possible via IP address for long lasting location fakers
  1. Install tor.
  2. Use any geoip service to know what is your apparent country.
  3. Enter notes from that country.
I hope no one goes that far... Would be pretty pathetic in my opinion.
Eureka.72
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Eureka.72 »

Phaseolus wrote: I register the bills in the exact location where I got the bills and where my wife got them.

If I meet someone from Germany, and I get his bills in Paris, I register them in Paris. I support the rule to register bills where I touch them.
I do exactly the same thing.
Joined: 17 October 2005; Notes entered: 130 000; Interesting hits: 381.
MY HITS 381 :flag-eu:; 342 :flag-pt:; 3 :flag-fr:; 3 :flag-fi:; 6 :flag-nl:; 5 :flag-be:; 6 :flag-es:; 2 :flag-it:; 9 :flag-de:; 2 :flag-si:; 3 :flag-at:
Não os apanho a todos, mas... tenho esperança de caçar os suficientes para garantir a minha... retirada. (JC)
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Eureka.72 wrote:
Phaseolus wrote: I register the bills in the exact location where I got the bills and where my wife got them.

If I meet someone from Germany, and I get his bills in Paris, I register them in Paris. I support the rule to register bills where I touch them.
and both are right, but if you live in Paris and arrive your wife from Germany with a bundle of notes, you have to insert this notes from Germany and the same with notes of a friend that is traveling with you
Eureka.72
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Eureka.72 »

presidente wrote:
Eureka.72 wrote:

and both are right, but if you live in Paris and arrive your wife from Germany with a bundle of notes, you have to insert this notes from Germany and the same with notes of a friend that is traveling with you
I support the rule to register bills where I touch them.
When my relatives go to Paris and bring bills with them I insert them where they are in my hands, and the exact location where I got the bills in Vale de Cambra - Portugal. I never enter notes that do not pass through my hands.
This is mi interpretation and my whay of registration.
MY HITS 381 :flag-eu:; 342 :flag-pt:; 3 :flag-fr:; 3 :flag-fi:; 6 :flag-nl:; 5 :flag-be:; 6 :flag-es:; 2 :flag-it:; 9 :flag-de:; 2 :flag-si:; 3 :flag-at:
Não os apanho a todos, mas... tenho esperança de caçar os suficientes para garantir a minha... retirada. (JC)
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

:D
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

I will pay a trip to Helsinky to my daughter, I will ask to change 10000 euro in :note-5: and to give me notes at home...I will do a lot of fantastic hits with a lot of Km..rules says that I can do !!! :lol: :lol:
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

presidente wrote:I will pay a trip to Helsinky to my daughter, I will ask to change 10000 euro in :note-5: and to give me notes at home...I will do a lot of fantastic hits with a lot of Km..rules says that I can do !!! :lol: :lol:
yes, do it and you will not be angry anymore and let the other continue to play the game free of your insinuations : who said ever that I send my wife to Belgium to bring back bills ??????????? I just ask them for the bills they have in their wallet (and suppose they are coming from Belgium!!): they never keep bills for me, they just change their bills when I meet them wherever they are: they have no clue idea about the exact location where they received the bills (surely different locations): and YOU would like me to invent a single belgian location only to make you not jaleous about the hit?

to come back to subject: here is a fresh example of "N°"1 case: https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=118705514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by an-148 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eureka.72
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Eureka.72 »

presidente wrote:I will pay a trip to Helsinky to my daughter, I will ask to change 10000 euro in :note-5: and to give me notes at home...I will do a lot of fantastic hits with a lot of Km..rules says that I can do !!! :lol: :lol:
presidente I never send anywone to bring back bills to me. I just ask them for the bills they have in their wallet.
The only country where this happens is with France, I don't know a single person living or working in Finland so I don't have luck with hits from there... :|
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Eureka mine was a provocation and not related to you, if we think that is "in the rule" insert notes that you know from where arrive in an other country after all is possible.

Return to “Feedback and Development”