Fake locations

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Fake locations

Post by claudio vda »

Many forum users are complaining about the fact that the thread "Suspicious notes and users" was used not only for signalations to the Cleaning Girls WG, but also for reports about fake locations. This can be easly solved opening a new thread.

Actually, it is more difficult to notice about fake locations than about fake notes, but this may happen, e.g. people tracking from :flag-es: Amsterdam or maybe tracking from X when in the comment is written "I received this note in Y".

Of course mystakes and typos may always happen, but when a user is doing this systematically, it is a different from of faking: I think for this reason we need this thread.
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 11.03.2024)
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Fake locations

Post by claudio vda »

I would like to signale tram-love: he is sistematically tracking notes with the same comment (New, from Centralbank Munich), but not from Munich.

Some examples, but the "suspicious" thread was full of them

https://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=118012182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=118077424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2012-11-18 19:29:11 5 EURXxxxx9306xxx Pxxxxx München ( :flag-de:, 81667)
2012-11-18 19:28:41 5 EURXxxxx9306xxx Pxxxxx Istanbul ( :flag-Turkije, 34110)
2012-11-18 19:28:41 5 EURXxxxx9306xxx Pxxxxx Istanbul ( :flag-Turkije, 34110)
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 11.03.2024)
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I would like to address the point of definition of fake location.

Under "Phaseolus", I personnaly define both me and my wife (and very rarely my kids that are too young). I register the bills in the exact location where I got the bills and where my wife got them.

If I meet someone from Germany, and I get his bills in Paris, I register them in Paris. I support the rule to register bills where I touch them.

I would quote as location faking someeone registering the bill under Germany in the example mentionned hereabove.
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

I agree with you, I consider my wife part of the team and if she reach me in Turkmenistan starting from Italy I know that her bills come from Italy but, it's the same if I arrive in Turkmenistan with a friend and I ask him his notes, may be would be better ask notes before arrive. I think we have two type of wrong locations, the first one like tram-love that intentionally put a wrong location and this is the worst case and other users that use "escamotage" to put second location because they really receive notes in the second location (also from wife or friends). What I want is clear is that second type of users are inserting notes following rules...are the rules that for me must be changed. When you are sure that notes arrive from Italy may be not exact location is better than put Turkmenistan only because your friend or wife give you this notes in Turkmenistan
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I understand your point ; but the difficult lays in the judgement of the case. How can you know, afterwards, form an outsider point of view, that the bill was not registered correctly...

When defining the rule, one must think about how to have the rule respected and implemented.
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Phaseolus wrote:I understand your point ; but the difficult lays in the judgement of the case. How can you know, afterwards, form an outsider point of view, that the bill was not registered correctly...

When defining the rule, one must think about how to have the rule respected and implemented.
Bruno it's like insert notes invented, rules forbid this after you can do what you want, the same for location, put more specific rules after users will do what he wants but will stop to think to be right like now...and about how discover this yes will be almost impossible.
-flop-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -flop- »

I always track notes from the location where I get in touch with them with just an exception: when I receive a note from someone travelling with me and he already had the note when we start travelling together, I track the note in the first location where we met during that travel. This gives a solution to a large part of the issues raised by presidente.

Just my 2 €cent...
Se tu passi un posto strano che si chiama Baffalù
io non ci sarò ma tu vedrai...

Elenco dei comuni italiani con il loro inauguratore/List of italian cities with their "first-note user"
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

I have no team: all notes went through my hands.
I always register notes where I receive them.
My dotmap corresponds exactly to the places where I was when receiving & registering the notes.
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

an-148 wrote:I have no team: all notes went through my hands.
My dotmap corresponds exactly to the places where I was when receiving & registering the notes.
this for me remain an hit with wrong location http://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=114643586e
Putting the comment it's possible to see this and what I want to tell is that you are, in this moment, absolutely right, you respected the rules..are the rules that are wrong
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

the day presidente will understand the rules is not in close sight !!!
can somebody explain to him, please, please
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

can't you understand that the guests are not obliged to make enveloppes telling this bill is from Liège, this one from the airport in Cologne, this one from Verviers, this one maybe from there,...... oh no from there oh no,........I can't remember ..........
they are NOT part of ebt: they have bills in their pocket when they arrive on holidays and accept to change them with me ......... and I register them: end of story.

the only location where I'm 100% sure about is the one where I touch the piece of paper !
LITO
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LITO »

an-148 wrote:I have no team: all notes went through my hands.
I do agree with you all the way . :wink:

It looks like some users are playing in teams and others are solitary players , there is nothing wrong with either ways , but everyone must have the right to decide for himself .
The recurring problem is that some team members do not accept the solitary players , they want them in teams .
I personnaly do not consider people (including wife) who frequently supply me with notes but are NOT interested in tracking notes and do not care about our hobby , as EBT members and therefore cannot be part of an EBT team.
Lito en dilettante
URL: https://my.flightmemory.com/airlito
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

you don't play in team...family.. Sylvie...are bank name? Only register notes of friend means to be in one team. An-148 please use correct words I never offended you, I understand very well the rules and I am asking to change to avoid wrong location hits like your
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

:twisted:
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

an-148 wrote::twisted:
every guy arrive where can arrive...

Return to “Feedback and Development”