Fake locations

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Fake locations

Post by avij »

avij wrote:The latest version of the EuroBillTracker app (with the OCR support) by Massilia Dev reintroduced the damn country-corrupting bug............ [censored]

That app is now blocked until it gets fixed.
Version 3.01 seems to work better.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
savesigita
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Location: Italia + Latvija +wherever we get the chance to travel to!

Post by savesigita »

This user says himself that the notes he enters from Japan are instead from France! Please do something!
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=138947166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Maybe he received the note from a friend of Nancy :wink:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
mizar
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mizar »

savesigita wrote:This user says himself that the notes he enters from Japan are instead from France! Please do something!
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=138947166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not enough info to accuse them of anything. Apparently the user lives in Japan – maybe notes were obtained in France and entered at the current location, but maybe they were really received by EuroGato in Japan, but s/he knows they came from France
philgelico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Arras, France - Voiron, France - Lido di Dante, Italy

Post by philgelico »

A problem has been recently reported by Phaseolus :
Phaseolus wrote:A force de faire des carabistouilles sur le site en modifiant unilatéralement des traductions tout en prétextant consulter les masses populaires, on crée l'incompréhension qui mène à cela : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=190580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a more global sense, this problem may result from an "translation changing" on the french-speaking version of EBT site.
the word "Villes" has now been changed by the word "Localités".
May I add that nobody in France, or in the Francophone community, has been consulted about this changing.
I don't know who has made this changing.
In France, there is only one valuable (legally) subdivision : it's named "Commune".
the words : Ville, Village, Localité, Hameau, Lieu-Dit, Quartier etc etc have no administrative existence.
And may I add that the "postal code" exists, but only for the postal mail distribution.
For example : Bordeaux is one Commune, but has several postal codes.
in my area : Arras and Dainville are two separates Communes, but have the same Postal Code.
Is it possible to explain us why we don't use the word "Commune" , and how it can be managed to solve this "misunderstanding" ?
Thanks a lot.
Philippe
Si tu veux voler avec les aigles, éloigne-toi des paons. (proverbe d'origine inconnue)
千里之行 始于足下, proverbe chinois
اتَّكَلْنا منه على خُصٍّ الاتحاد قوة, proverbe arabe
ספר המעשיות: כולל אגדות וסיפורים מתוך קובץ כ"י ישן, proverbe sanskrit
mizar
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by mizar »

While it's unfortunate that other EBTers apparently weren't consulted, it looks like a valid change. If I'm not mistaken, the expression for "city" is not country-specific, so "commune" cannot be used. In some countries municipalities are used as the smallest EBT unit, in others not and it goes down to village level. "Ville" is not really appropriate for similar reasons, either because the place is too small to be a "ville", or because it's municipality/commune profile, not just one city – though we've learned to live with this in other language versions.
philgelico wrote:A problem has been recently reported by Phaseolus :
Phaseolus wrote:A force de faire des carabistouilles sur le site en modifiant unilatéralement des traductions tout en prétextant consulter les masses populaires, on crée l'incompréhension qui mène à cela : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=190580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a more global sense, this problem may result from an "translation changing" on the french-speaking version of EBT site.
the word "Villes" has now been changed by the word "Localités".
May I add that nobody in France, or in the Francophone community, has been consulted about this changing.
I don't know who has made this changing.
In France, there is only one valuable (legally) subdivision : it's named "Commune".
the words : Ville, Village, Localité, Hameau, Lieu-Dit, Quartier etc etc have no administrative existence.
And may I add that the "postal code" exists, but only for the postal mail distribution.
For example : Bordeaux is one Commune, but has several postal codes.
in my area : Arras and Dainville are two separates Communes, but have the same Postal Code.
Is it possible to explain us why we don't use the word "Commune" , and how it can be managed to solve this "misunderstanding" ?
Thanks a lot.
Philippe
ernanna
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by ernanna »

We have a new city in Italy...
https://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=142751901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hit: :flag-it: x 22, :flag-de: x 9, :flag-at: x 2, :flag-si: x 2, :flag-sk: x 1, :flag-gr: x 1, :flag-nl: x 1
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

ernanna wrote:We have a new city in Italy...
https://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=142751901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The zip code doesn't match to :flag-de: Berlin, so maybe he forgot only to change the cityname to Florenz. We will see...
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

ErGo wrote:
ernanna wrote:We have a new city in Italy...
The zip code doesn't match to :flag-de: Berlin, so maybe he forgot only to change the cityname to Florenz. We will see...
In the mean time it's changed to "Firenze", so the user noticed his/her mistake :) .
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

Here someone probably invented the Locations!

Sure - You can find a lot of notes from Lasterpaule in Frankonia.
But ALL with the same maturity spread over half Bavaria: 54 and 57 days???

I rather think that some bundles from Helmbrechts were entered distributed over Bavaria!

What do you think about it?
Attachments
vermeerhits.png
vermeerhits.png (31.82 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

So you thought that i did not visit (the Volksbank in) Helmbrechts. Well; i know what is to the right of the Volksbank and what is front of that store. I know for example the time the stationsclock of Helmbrechts has. And there is more to come from Helmbrechts. That is 100 times :note-5: and 5 times :note-100:. Time did not allow me to get more notes from Helmbrechts; otherwise i would have visited the Norma supermarket for additional notes.
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

vermeer wrote:So you thought that i did not visit (the Volksbank in) Helmbrechts. Well; i know what is to the right of the Volksbank and what is front of that store. I know for example the time the stationsclock of Helmbrechts has. And there is more to come from Helmbrechts. That is 100 times :note-5: and 5 times :note-100:. Time did not allow me to get more notes from Helmbrechts; otherwise i would have visited the Norma supermarket for additional notes.
no, it looks like you got them all in Helmbrechts, that's the problem, as you just confirm :wink: :wink:
(if you got them all in Helmbrechts, how can it be that you register the bills whidespreaded over the region?)
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

vermeer wrote:So you thought that i did not visit (the Volksbank in) Helmbrechts. Well; i know what is to the right of the Volksbank and what is front of that store. I know for example the time the stationsclock of Helmbrechts has. And there is more to come from Helmbrechts. That is 100 times :note-5: and 5 times :note-100:. Time did not allow me to get more notes from Helmbrechts; otherwise i would have visited the Norma supermarket for additional notes.
no, it looks like you got them all in Helmbrechts, that's the problem, as you just confirm :wink: :wink:
(if you got them all in Helmbrechts, how can it be that you register the bills whidespreaded over the region? bills should be registered in Helmbrechts, where you received them, and not in Pfarrkichen, Kulmbach, Pegnitz,Eggenfelden, Neumarkt, ....
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by vermeer »

They are reversed hits; Lausterpaule entered the notes before i did. It is where i received the notes; not where i spend them. At this time 45 moderated hits with Helmbrechts; it could also have been 150 moderated hits.
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

vermeer wrote:They are reversed hits; Lausterpaule entered the notes before i did. It is where i received the notes; not where i spend them. At this time 45 moderated hits with Helmbrechts; it could also have been 150 moderated hits.
excellent !!
(that is why it's relatively important to register bills before spending them as we see from time to time happening: that explains also why there are 54 days for simple hits as well as for triples !! - I had once the case with Dinkitoys: I registered the bill and he registered just later a bill that was still in my hands: after discussion on the forum, it appeared that he had no time to register when he got it and has spend it before registering :wink: )
thanks for your explanations :wink: :wink:

Return to “Feedback and Development”