Sextuple hit... quintuple or more? (for the development WG)

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Sextuple hit... quintuple or more? (for the development WG)

Post by claudio vda »

Hello, I open this topic about the hit involving more than 5 users.

As everybody knows, our hits are classified as normal, triple, quadruple or quintuple: this means that hits involving more than 5 poeple are not classified.

About two months ago we had this sextuple hit
http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=121696012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but due to the fact that it is not normal, triple, quadruple nor quintuple this hit simply... cannot be found.
I remember I spoke with some people of the technical WG and the idea was to transform the class quintuple hits in quintuple or more, in order to include this sextuple and the ones that will follow.

Ehm... anybody from the technical WG? Did you discussed about that in this while? What is your answer?
Last edited by claudio vda on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 11.03.2024)
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Sextuple hit... quintuple or more? (for the technical WG

Post by avij »

It's something for the development wg, not the technical wg (of which I'm the leader). I haven't yet seen anyone from the dev wg addressing the issue.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Sextuple hit... quintuple or more?

Post by claudio vda »

Okay, in this case my question becomes

Ehm... anybody from the development WG is around? Can you discuss about that? Can we "save" the hits with more than 5 users?
savesigita
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Location: Italia + Latvija +wherever we get the chance to travel to!

Re: Sextuple hit... quintuple or more? (for the development

Post by savesigita »

I think that a "Sextuple hit" section must be created! Because, if the slogan of the website is "Follow your Euro notes in their tracks", a sextuple hit is just the best realization of all the project: we finally have a banknote with an exaustive story! It seems a bit odd to me that the creation of this section hasn't been considered a priority!
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Sextuple hit... quintuple or more? (for the development

Post by MDeen »

I assume the hitlists these are all pre-generated pages, so the label for "normal, double, triple, etc" only corresponds to a certain page being loaded and that there is a backend query that generates these pages offline.
I would think it logical if you programmed the last group (quintuple at the moment) as "quintuple or more" and that when the "or more" hits show up, at some time you generate the "sextuple or more" category. That way you will always have the possibility to get all hits. And since that last group is always small, it is easily spotted that there is need for the next category.

Does not seem to be a big deal in developing this.

Return to “Feedback and Development”