Tracking EUR-notes on EBT, but also CHF, GBP, SEK-notes...

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Tracking EUR-notes on EBT, but also CHF, GBP, SEK-notes...

Post by LArdennais »

Why not ? ;)

Hi all,

A famous :flag-fr: EBTer has suggest me an idea - that I have first spoken about into the last BoD-A2E Meeting : you can introduce into EBT notes which come from European currencies other than EUR.

In a first step, as proof, it can be possible to introduce CHF and GBP-notes. If the experience is concluant, you can also later introduce other European currencies like DKK, NOK, SEK...

From a technical point of view, the servers are highly big to store these new entries. And, in the filling form, you can choose the currency before inputting your notes.

So : what do you think of that ? :)

Thanks in advance for your remarks, suggestions, etc...
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Tracking EUR-notes on EBT, but also CHF, GBP, SEK-notes.

Post by avij »

Just a small remark as a fellow Board of Directors member. Your posting gives the impression that this idea has been approved by the BoD, even though this idea has not even been discussed, let alone approved in a board meeting. It has been on the agenda, but the discussion of that agenda point has been postponed to a later BoD meeting due to time constraints. The Development WG has not commented on the idea at all, as far as I'm aware.

Besides, the route for any new ideas should be "you > the appropriate working group > BoD (if the working group feels it'd be necessary)", not "you > BoD > the appropriate working group". This would save a bit of bureaucracy, and consequently, speed up the process.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

LArdennais wrote:Why not ? ;)
Because this website is called EuroBillTracker? :wink:
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Before writing your remarks, avij, please click here : http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... 12&t=56075 :arrow: I have just translated the "Claudio_VdA's" sentences from IT to FR first, from IT to EN afterwards ! 8O

Also, thanks a lot for transferring without warning message ( 8O :!: ) this thread from English sub-Forum to Feedback and Development sub-forum.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Yes, this is indeed the correct subforum for site development issues, that's why I moved this topic here. You should have started your topic here in the first place.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I do support the idea of tracking other types of banknotes, whilst using the already existing interface on eurobilltracker.com

I have always believed that we could read the name of the website as EUROpean Bills tracking...

I guess there is nothing to lose for the website and its community.

We can only gain from having new trackers. Imagine all the Brits, Sweeds, Swiss, Polish that could track their currencies. When these people will come in Euro-countries, they will track Euros, too.

These people could also be already available for EBT, at the moment their country will switch over to Euro.

Also, imagine that a country would leave the euro-zone, will that mean that the current users will no longer be able to track their currencies.

The new series of :note-5: show that the website can host series of bills that will never cross link. What happens with the new series, show what can be done with GBP, CHF and other Zlotys... :mrgreen:
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

avij wrote:Yes, this is indeed the correct subforum for site development issues, that's why I moved this topic here. You should have started your topic here in the first place.
Sorry avij but this (potential) project is more than a "single development issue" : it could touch, if this becomes effective, ALL EBters from ALL :flag-eu: (not only €€€-zone !) AND more : ANY person who don't live into €€€-zone will entry his "own" notes - from his "own" currency - first, €€€-notes in a 2nd time ! :D

BTW, please read this very pertinent remark - in :flag-fr: language :
sebatchev wrote:Salut! Je pense pour ma part qu'avant d'ouvrir la perspective à d'autres monnaies, il faudrait tout d'abord penser à améliorer notre propre site sur la base des euros.

Beaucoup de suggestions pour améliorer le site ont été apportées par les EBTers, et cela depuis des années, mais rien ne bouge. Non pas que le site ne me satisfait plus, mais il mériterait un bon coup de jeune (notamment sur les statistiques, la formulation "billet enregistré" qui est insupportable en cas de disette de hit...)

Je ne sais plus dans quel sujet nous avions évoqué tout cela, mais je pense qu'avant de se disperser avec d'autres monnaies, il faudrait tout d'abord penser à améliorer notre bon vieux site qui est vraiment perfectible...
Traduction :
Hi ! I think that before opening EBT-website to other currencies, it would first think to improve EBT only from EUR-currency.

A huge pack of suggestions to improve the site have been brought by EBTers, for years, but nothing happens. The site doesn't satisfy me (= sebatchev) ? No, of course, but a serious "refresh" (i.e. statistics, the terms "bill registered" not appropriate when you have no Hit with...) should be done.

I didn't know in which thread we have spoken about that, but I think that before spreading (and playing) with other currencies, it would first think to improve seriously our "very old" site which is really perfectible...

an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

ErGo wrote:
LArdennais wrote:Why not ? ;)
Because this website is called EuroBillTracker? :wink:
:wink: :wink:
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beaweb
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by beaweb »

For me, I think it is a good idea!
We need new users, it can be a good way to find them.
ProSnowden
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

I don't believe we'll gain only one new user that way , sorry ; only new zloty, km, kuna, lei, kruna, users playing their own stuff in their contry (those moneys never cross borders besides exchange offices)
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

ErGo wrote:Because this website is called EuroBillTracker? :wink:
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

I think it is a good idea, but only useful if achieved in a systematic way. We should create an EBT-extension of all the currencies of EU states that do not adopt Euro (if we want in addition also those of non-EU countries such as Switzerland): in this way it would an overall idea of money circulation across the EU system, regardless of the currency used.
European soul, European pride.
opalon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Tracking EUR-notes on EBT, but also CHF, GBP, SEK-notes...

Post by opalon »

Very good idea.

Return to “Feedback and Development”