Wrong 10€ note diffusion statistics in Lithuania

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Wrong 10€ note diffusion statistics in Lithuania

Post by westwind »

Hello, friends! Greetings from the youngest eurozone member Lithuania! :)
I will try to describe that I found analyzing tracking statistics. It seems Eurobilltracker site makes a mistake identifying 2nd series 10€ note with EB********** serial numbers as Slovak notes while it should be French as they are printed at Oberthur (France), not in Slovakia or for Slovakia. In Lithuania since the 1st of January, i.e. after adopting the euro, almost all "local" 10€ notes has either EB********** or PA********** serial numbers. There are no any difficulties with PA because system identifies them as they should be, namely the note was printed at Joh. Enschedé Security Printing (Netherlands - Haarlem). And another situation is with EB********** because due to mistaken identification (Slovakia instead France) Eurobilltracker shows wrong diffusion statistics in my country.
Let's see:

As EB********** notes are printed at Oberthur (France) and there are no any information about belonging to Slovakia, all those "Slovakia 46,71 %" I think should belong to France, am I right? 8) Eurobilltracker writes that The following charts show the distribution of notes based on the first letter of the serial number. Yes, it is true for the 1st series notes, however totally wrong for the 2nd series, as we see on my example.

It is interesting that on the Note report page Eurobilltracker shows quite real information about EB********** notes:

And as we see there are no any mention about Slovakia contrary to that we can see in the New note field during entering the note:

Again Slovakia? :?

What do you think about that I described above, friends?
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Wrong 10€ note diffusion statistics in Lithuania

Post by eddydevries »

Your question is correct.

The appearence of the flags is still looking in the list of the figures of the first series. There the "E" means "Slowakia" (the same goes with "P": in the statistics it's counted as "the Netherlands", while with the Europe-series it's printed by a german company).
I'm sure, this item is on the list of the Developing Working Group. They'll solve it when there is capacity for it.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

eddydevries wrote: I'm sure, this item is on the list of the Developing Working Group. They'll solve it when there is capacity for it.
Wow, it's good! 8) Waiting for it!
eddydevries wrote:the same goes with "P": in the statistics it's counted as "the Netherlands", while with the Europe-series it's printed by a german company
Why do you think it's printed by German company? As I read P in the 2nd series means Joh. Enschedé - Netherlands. Is it not true? :o
Wechsler
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Wechsler »

westwind wrote:
eddydevries wrote:the same goes with "P": in the statistics it's counted as "the Netherlands", while with the Europe-series it's printed by a german company
Why do you think it's printed by German company? As I read P in the 2nd series means Joh. Enschedé - Netherlands. Is it not true? :o
1st series, printer P = Giesecke & Devrient, Germany
2nd series, printer P = Enschedé, Netherlands

Kein Ende in Sicht...
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

It seems nothing still changed :?
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

And after another two months too :(
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

eddydevries wrote: I'm sure, this item is on the list of the Developing Working Group. They'll solve it when there is capacity for it.
I'm not so sure anymore :roll:

Return to “Feedback and Development”