Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij, dserrano5

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Burdie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:34 am

siriusLT wrote:Please add coordinates for :flag-lv: Vendzavas and Ulmale:

https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=223375
Vendzavas 57 ° 10 '44 "N, 21 ° 40 '31" E
lv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendzavas_(Užavas_pagasts)

https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=223376
Ulmale 56° 56′ 10″ N, 21° 16′ 35″ E
lv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulmale



All done. I also found a few other :flag-lv: profiles without a dot. Thanks for that
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 244 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 367
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
negative
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:53 pm
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby negative » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:14 am


User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Burdie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:40 pm

negative wrote::flag-lt: Svencionys (wrong spelling) http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=223816
must be merged with
:flag-lt: Švenčionys http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=219402

Roma http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=225168
should be in :flag-it: Italy
:)



All Sorted and I found also 3 more :flag-lt: cityprifiles without a dot :)
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 244 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 367
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14517
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Werkendam, Netherlands

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Fons » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:51 pm

When viewing the city profile of Naples there's something wrong with the small map right above. Wrong part of the world and obviously no dot to be find.

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Burdie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:16 am

Fons wrote:When viewing the city profile of Naples there's something wrong with the small map right above. Wrong part of the world and obviously no dot to be find.


I found a coordinate from napels without a digital point 40xxx iso 40.xxx and showed a dot somewhere in de artic ocean. map shown is still not correct, but I think it is in the catch. I hope after tomorrow it is showing correct
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 244 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 367
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2490
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Brussels Capital Region, Belgium

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby groentje » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 pm

I was away, last 2 weeks, and got notes in some new and semi-new places.

Hronská Dúbrava is an apparant newcomer. According to Wikipedia, it's at 48.583333 N, 19 E, belonging to the Banskobystrický Region, and the Žiar nad Hronom District.

Tiszacsernyő is the Hungarian name for Čierna nad Tisou, so they can be merged. According to Wikipedia, 60% of the population is Hungarian, which is why I chose to use the Hungarian name.

Shegyni is just a different translitteration for Shehyni, I used it because it was proposed by the Ukrainian postal service. They can be merged.

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Burdie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:08 pm

groentje wrote:I was away, last 2 weeks, and got notes in some new and semi-new places.

Hronská Dúbrava is an apparant newcomer. According to Wikipedia, it's at 48.583333 N, 19 E, belonging to the Banskobystrický Region, and the Žiar nad Hronom District.

Tiszacsernyő is the Hungarian name for Čierna nad Tisou, so they can be merged. According to Wikipedia, 60% of the population is Hungarian, which is why I chose to use the Hungarian name.

Shegyni is just a different translitteration for Shehyni, I used it because it was proposed by the Ukrainian postal service. They can be merged.


All done, thanks
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 244 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 367
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12637
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:36 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby vermeer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Klein Genhout (Kelmond was also possible; had to make a choice)

https://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=171200171

50.921518, 5.807994

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Burdie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:53 pm

vermeer wrote:Klein Genhout (Kelmond was also possible; had to make a choice)

https://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=171200171

50.921518, 5.807994


Ik heb me laten leiden door wiki en daar EBT al een city profiel had van Genhout waar ook al Groot Genhout was geplaats. Vandaar dat hij ook daaronder is geplaatst. De Coordinaten zijn wel van Klein Genhout
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 244 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 367
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

siriusLT
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby siriusLT » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:47 pm

:flag-lt: Rusne https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=227166

should be:
:flag-lt: Rusnė with coordinates 55°17′49″N 21°22′41″E

https://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusn%C4%97

User avatar
Raumi
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Santiago y Zaraíche - Murcia - Spain
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Raumi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:18 pm

siriusLT wrote: :flag-lt: Rusne should be :flag-lt: Rusnė with coordinates 55°17′49″N 21°22′41″E


Done! Thanks for spotting!
Spanish representative on the Board of Directors.
Current vice president of the Association Européenne des EuroBillTrackers
My statistics.

User avatar
negative
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:53 pm
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby negative » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:55 am

missing dots:

:flag-lt: Varėna 65186
54.210811, 24.577738
http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=171666168

:flag-lt: Eišiškės 17173
54.168889, 24.991701
http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=171666029

User avatar
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am
Location: perdu dans le Condroz belge

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby LArdennais » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:29 am

negative wrote:missing dots:

:flag-lt: Varėna 65186
54.210811, 24.577738
http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=171666168

:flag-lt: Eišiškės 17173
54.168889, 24.991701
http://lt.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=171666029


Done.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby Elmo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:49 am

I just found out that somebody mistakenly put Marigot (Guadeloupe) together with Marigot (Saint-Martin), but obviously they are not the same. The coordinates are 16.0856504, -61.7729044.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1553
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Dingolfing, Germany
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Postby tigerpranke » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:00 am

Elmo wrote:I just found out that somebody mistakenly put Marigot (Guadeloupe) together with Marigot (Saint-Martin), but obviously they are not the same. The coordinates are 16.0856504, -61.7729044.

Fixed.


Return to “Feedback and Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests