Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by aloxe »

I don't know if I should post this here but I would like to sort out the

Districts of Monaco

Currently, Monaco is one single city within a country of the same name. People sometimes call it Monte-Carlo even if this last one is only a part of the country. Thus, Monte Carlo redirects to the city of Monaco while technically Monaco-Ville and Monte-Carlo are different districts of this small city-state. Yesterday I entered notes from La Condamine, another district and they now also display like being from the same district of Monaco-Ville. This is a pity, I think it is possible to list them separately as it is done with the former villages and districts of Amsterdam. Here is what I suggest, based on the territorrial division of the state.

How is Monaco divided:
[*]Country : Monaco
[*]Region: none
[*]Municipality: Monaco
[*]Districts (former municipalities): La Condamine, Fontvieille, Monaco-Ville, Monte-Carlo
[*]Areas: La Condamine, Fontvieille, Larvotto, Jardin exotique, Monaco-Ville, Les Moneghetti, Monte-Carlo, Sainte-Dévote, La Rousse

How could we do on EBT:
[*]Country : Monaco
[*]Region: none
[*]Municipality: Monaco
[*]Districts: La Condamine, Fontvieille, Monaco-Ville (Monaco), Monte-Carlo
[*]Cities: La Condamine, Fontvieille, Larvotto, Jardin exotique, Monaco-Ville, Les Moneghetti, Monte-Carlo, Sainte-Dévote, La Rousse

The postcode is the same among all districts.

How should it be ordered:

Code: Select all

Municipality | Districts |  Cities
Monaco
     |-----> La Condamine
     |              |-->  La Condamine
     |              |-->  Jardin exotique
     |              |-->  Les Moneghetti
     |              |-->  Sainte-Dévote
     |-----> Fontvieille
     |              |-->  Fontvieille
     |-----> Monaco-Ville
     |              |-->  Monaco-Ville
     |-----> Monte-Carlo
                    |-->  Monte-Carlo
                    |-->  Larvotto
                    |-->  La Rousse
For now all Monaco records would become Monaco-Ville but this will make it easier to look for those recorded in Monte Carlo and reveal nice hits.

What do you think?
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

Beausoleil is in France but next to Monaco, When people mess up you tend to fix it with the correct postcode (06240) but it seams that the country is not always up to date. see: https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=110025116

Can this be fixed?
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

aloxe wrote:Beausoleil is in France but next to Monaco, When people mess up you tend to fix it with the correct postcode (06240) but it seams that the country is not always up to date. see: https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=110025116

Can this be fixed?
In EBT-database, Beausoleil is really situated / placed in France : France > Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur > 06 Alpes-Maritimes > Beausoleil. But (and it's not an isolated case onto EBT...) if the EBTer(s) do(es)n't input the good country, theorically only the involved EBTer(s) can modify the country into its (their) own notes. Not a City Manager...

And for Monaco postal codes, I have found this list, larger than the aloxe's list ;) and with cities' names not listed (i.e. : Ciappaira). And I also found this page which speaks about (only) quarters into Monaco.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

aloxe wrote:What do you think?
Someone took a decision and split Monaco. Monaco has now 3 cities: Monaco, Monte-Carlo and La Condamina. The other 'Quarters' of Monaco are not specified in EBT, because of no specifided enteries.

The problem with this is. If we do this, Monaco (City profile) should be called Monaco-Ville in my opinion, but then alle enteries of notes as 'Monaco' are going to Monaco-Ville and I think that is not correct.

I think the best is: Go back to One City Profile and put the coordinates of Monaco in the center of Monaco, Monte-Carlo in the Center of Monte-Carlo, Monaco-Ville in the center of Monaco-Ville and La Condamina in the center of La Condamina.
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

The real name is "la Condamine", not "la Condamina" :wink:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

LArdennais wrote:And for Monaco postal codes, I have found this list, larger than the aloxe's list ;) and with cities' names not listed (i.e. : Ciappaira). And I also found this page which speaks about (only) quarters into Monaco.
I wouldn't call your list a list of city names, you have Ciappaira, the beach at the end of the Monaco rock, Port Hercule, the harbour with yatchs, Réserve Sous-marine du Larvotto, the only place with no car of the principalty which is in the see… That would turn EBT into 4sq ;-)
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Burdie wrote:
aloxe wrote:What do you think?
Someone took a decision and split Monaco. Monaco has now 3 cities: Monaco, Monte-Carlo and La Condamina. The other 'Quarters' of Monaco are not specified in EBT, because of no specifided enteries.

The problem with this is. If we do this, Monaco (City profile) should be called Monaco-Ville in my opinion, but then alle enteries of notes as 'Monaco' are going to Monaco-Ville and I think that is not correct.

I think the best is: Go back to One City Profile and put the coordinates of Monaco in the center of Monaco, Monte-Carlo in the Center of Monte-Carlo, Monaco-Ville in the center of Monaco-Ville and La Condamina in the center of La Condamina.
I have just done to see (and have) actually (and not definitively !!!) three different Image Cities : Monaco-ville, Monte-Carlo and La Condamine. I can also create other Cities based from Aloxe's list. But if your suggestion agrees all of the City Managers, no problem for me to follow your suggestion ;)
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

I am happy to see this too and hope for the creation of Fontvieille very soon.
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

LArdennais wrote: I have just done to see (and have) actually (and not definitively !!!) three different Image Cities : Monaco-ville, Monte-Carlo and La Condamine. I can also create other Cities based from Aloxe's list. But if your suggestion agrees all of the City Managers, no problem for me to follow your suggestion ;)
I think we had to go back to one City Profile. See my thoughts above.

i Changed some coordinates from Monaco-ville, Monte-Carlo and La Condamine on the coordinates that Google map me gave. it is based on this map Image

The distance from the hit Monte Carlo / Monaco is 245 m = 0 km. If we change all the coordinates from Monaco to Monaco-ville the distance is than 1.09 km

BTW the coordinates from the note from Monaco la colle are in the center of the left block in Jardin Exotique. It is still in the profile of Monaco, but if we going on with this it had to move to La Condamine or maybe Jardin Exotique
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

Burdie wrote:
BTW the coordinates from the note from Monaco la colle are in the center of the left block in Jardin Exotique. It is still in the profile of Monaco, but if we going on with this it had to move to La Condamine or maybe Jardin Exotique
La Colle is an old Ward of Monaco from when all ancient municipalities were merged. This is not one of the current administrative district. OSM places it in Jardin Exotique. Therefore I would make it the same location. There are also other legacy wards, that I should add in my list:

Code: Select all

Monaco
     |-----> La Condamine
     |              |-->  La Condamine
     |              |-->  Jardin exotique
     |              |-->  Les Moneghetti
     |              |-->  Sainte-Dévote
     |              |-->  --Le ravin Sainte-Dévote (old name for Sainte-Dévote)
     |              |-->  --La Colle (deprecated, now part of Jardin exotique + bits of Les Moneghetti and La Condamine)
     |              |-->  --Les Révoires (deprecated, now part of Jardin exotique + bits of Les Moneghetti)
     |-----> Fontvieille
     |              |-->  Fontvieille
     |-----> Monaco-Ville
     |              |-->  Monaco-Ville
     |              |-->  --Le Rocher (Other name used for Monaco-Ville)
     |-----> Monte-Carlo
                    |--> Monte-Carlo
                    |--> Larvotto
                    |--> La Rousse
                    |--> --Saint Michel (deprecated, now part of Monte-Carlo)

If you want to compare the old divisions with the new ones, you can make an overlay of this map https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Colle, ... Monaco.svg , with this map https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principat ... _color.png The second being the current. The only change planned in the future is the creation of a new district gained on the sea (polder) but this is a story for another time. I suggest places with -- to be counted as their modern counterparts.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

I was wondering why Fontvieille was not listed. This is because it exists another :flag-fr: Fontvieille in France (83). So there should be created a Fontvieille (Monaco). so that this note is counted as in Monaco : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=164415999
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

aloxe wrote:I was wondering why Fontvieille was not listed. This is because it exists another :flag-fr: Fontvieille in France (83). So there should be created a Fontvieille (Monaco). so that this note is counted as in Monaco : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=164415999
For the moment is there a Fontvieille in Monaco :-) But I'm still not happy with it.

Here is a summary what is entered in Monaco and what Coordinated there are

Name....................Notes......Coordinates
Monaco..................143841....43.7384 7.4246
Monaco La Colle.......1........... 43.7327 7.4162
Monaco-Ville...........49.......... 43.7308 7.4226
Monte Carlo............639.........43.7401 7.4266
La Condamine......... 35.......... 43.7349 7.4233
Fontvieille..............2........... 43.7281 7.4179

You see, the most notes are entered as Monaco, and that is all over Monaco (in my opinion) So I think we had to go back to One City Provile
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

I agree.
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

Burdie wrote: You see, the most notes are entered as Monaco, and that is all over Monaco (in my opinion) So I think we had to go back to One City Provile
I see this is a proportion compared with what we have in Amsterdam but doesn't look quite the right balance for Monaco. That might not become even close to it because of the one postcode thing.

I would give a try to see if people pick the available districts but I let this up to you.
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

Dot missing for Ebavere, Estonia http://si.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=177787784
59.116667,26.233333. I hope it is in the right dot.

Return to “Feedback and Development”