Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by tigerpranke »

Ord€p wrote:I got this note in the Brussels-Schuman Station but when i see my dots, this dot is missing.
The postal code should be 1000 for this place. Then the dot will appear. 1040 is in the next southern dot.
Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ord€p »

tigerpranke wrote:
Ord€p wrote:I got this note in the Brussels-Schuman Station but when i see my dots, this dot is missing.
The postal code should be 1000 for this place. Then the dot will appear. 1040 is in the next southern dot.
I got the postal code from the site of Belgian Rail.
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tigerpranke »

Ord€p wrote:
tigerpranke wrote:
I got the postal code from the site of Belgian Rail.
So Belgian Rail is wrong :wink: Here's a map: http://www.environment.brussels/sites/d ... cip_en.jpg
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

There are some strange things with postcodes in Brussels, though. Generally, yes, postcodes follow municipal borders (or former borders), but there are some exceptions, notably in Brussels, where for organisational purposes, a different post office delivered the mail in some fringe areas. There are some streets in the Quartier Léopold/Leopoldswijk, the European Quarter, which fall under Etterbeek, and some streets are on Etterbeek proper, like the Schuman roundabout. A similar thing happened on the Avenue Louise/Louizalaan, which is on the territory of Brussels City, but is largely delivered from Ixelles/Elsene.
I can't find the map with the exact limits of each postcode, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was indeed 1040...
Edit: i found this article, there are some remarks on what is said, but (most of) the European quarter is indeed Brussels 4.
http://www.bruzz.be/nl/video/jouw-vraag ... ussel-stad
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

This city profile might be wrong.
I don't think there's a town like that in the Belgian municipality of Wijnegem. The notes should probably added to the Greek profile
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

Fons wrote:This city profile might be wrong.
I don't think there's a town like that in the Belgian municipality of Wijnegem. The notes should probably added to the Greek profile
It is OK now.

I notest that EBT is automaticly place sometimes 'new' Belgium cities in a municipal based on Belgium Flag and Postcode.
This is maybee the reason that it could skip the attention of the City Managers.
There are more Belgium Profiles placed in a municipal but have no coordinates.
If I got time, I try to sort out more of these profiles
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

groentje wrote:There are some strange things with postcodes in Brussels, though. Generally, yes, postcodes follow municipal borders (or former borders), but there are some exceptions, notably in Brussels, where for organisational purposes, a different post office delivered the mail in some fringe areas. There are some streets in the Quartier Léopold/Leopoldswijk, the European Quarter, which fall under Etterbeek, and some streets are on Etterbeek proper, like the Schuman roundabout. A similar thing happened on the Avenue Louise/Louizalaan, which is on the territory of Brussels City, but is largely delivered from Ixelles/Elsene.
I can't find the map with the exact limits of each postcode, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was indeed 1040...
Edit: i found this article, there are some remarks on what is said, but (most of) the European quarter is indeed Brussels 4.
1) you can also use this official website of the :flag-be: Ministry of Finance that deals with cadastral data, maps...
2) for these specific cases (1040 Brussels City and not Etterbeek - i.e. round Rond-Point Schuman Rondpunt // 1050 Brussels City and not Ixelles / Elsene - i.e. Avenue Louise-Louizalaan), the solution already exists ! :D Just input "Bruxelles 4" as city + "1040" as zip - or "Bruxelles 5" as city and "1050" as zip and the notes will be added to Brussels City's Statistics.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

two :flag-fr: halmets to update:

Vitrezay is part of the municipality of Saint-Sorlin-de-Conac and not Saint-Bonnet-sur-Gironde as currently. (see phonebook).

Port Maubert (banknote here) (aka Maubert) is part of the municipality of Saint-Fort-sur-Gironde.

merci
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

LArdennais wrote:
groentje wrote:There are some strange things with postcodes in Brussels, though. Generally, yes, postcodes follow municipal borders (or former borders), but there are some exceptions, notably in Brussels, where for organisational purposes, a different post office delivered the mail in some fringe areas. There are some streets in the Quartier Léopold/Leopoldswijk, the European Quarter, which fall under Etterbeek, and some streets are on Etterbeek proper, like the Schuman roundabout. A similar thing happened on the Avenue Louise/Louizalaan, which is on the territory of Brussels City, but is largely delivered from Ixelles/Elsene.
1) you can also use this official website of the :flag-be: Ministry of Finance that deals with cadastral data, maps...
2) for these specific cases (1040 Brussels City and not Etterbeek - i.e. round Rond-Point Schuman Rondpunt // 1050 Brussels City and not Ixelles / Elsene - i.e. Avenue Louise-Louizalaan), the solution already exists ! :D Just input "Bruxelles 4" as city + "1040" as zip - or "Bruxelles 5" as city and "1050" as zip and the notes will be added to Brussels City's Statistics.
Someone has merged "Brussel 5" with Ixelles/Elsene... The Avenue Franklin Rooseveltlaan is not in Ixelles, though...
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

It's not me...but I will correct immediately this error. Thanks for saying that ;)
EDT : In Ixelles' profile also, there was "Brussels 1050 LOUISE" ==> also changed to Brussels city's profile.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Burdie »

LArdennais wrote:It's not me...but I will correct immediately this error. Thanks for saying that ;)
EDT : In Ixelles' profile also, there was "Brussels 1050 LOUISE" ==> also changed to Brussels city's profile.
It wasn't me either, but I see a lot more Brussel / Brussels / Bruxelles with Postcode 1050 in the same profile. Must they not all be changed to the Brussels Profile????
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST / EBTcheck 250 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 410
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

The problem with Brussels is, although there are different municipalities with their own zip codes, all municipalities within the official agglomeration can use as postal city Brussels (Brussel, Bruxelles...). The key word is 'can', they are free to do so. To make things complicated, the postal subdivisions are 98% equivalent to the administrative, municipal divisions (with former municipalities Laken, Haren and Neder-Over-Heembeek having their own codes too), except here, with parts of the European quarter and the Louise quarter being delivered from the post offices Brussels 4 (Etterbeek's PO) and Brussels 5 (Ixelles' PO)... This means, it's very likely 1050 Bruxelles is in fact 1050 Ixelles, not that fringe of Brussels-City...
Compare it to London, where postal London doesn't match with the current Greater London Authority, there are some fringes outside the GLA that belong to postal London, but mostly big chunks who are in the GLA, but not in the London Postal District, such as Croydon, Ealing, Ilford, Kingston and Uxbridge.
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Burdie wrote:
LArdennais wrote:It's not me...but I will correct immediately this error. Thanks for saying that ;)
It wasn't me either, but I see a lot more Brussel / Brussels / Bruxelles with Postcode 1050 in the same profile. Must they not all be changed to the Brussels Profile????
Into each profile of the Brussels Region, you will ALWAYS find similar cases : i.e. 1030 Bruxelles (it's in fact Schaerbeek) - 1070 Brussel (it's in fact Anderlecht) - 1140 Brussels (it's in fact Evere). And, except the specific cases of Avenue Louise ( :arrow: 1050 Brussels 5 = Brussels City and not Ixelles) and of European Quarter (Rond Point Schuman, Rue de la Loi... :arrow: 1040 Brussels 4 = Brussels City and not Etterbeek), they don't be moved to Brussels profile.

Belgium, country of surrealism... isn't it ? :roll: :lol:

groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I know I'm early, but this note ended up in the wrong Ringe, and even the wrong country...
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Ringes split, Danish Ringe located. Done. However, you should wait some minutes (well, sometimes hours) for the system to show it correctly everywhere.

Return to “Feedback and Development”