Welcome, Latvia!

Diskusijas, ieteikumi, jautājumi - viss par un ap EBT latviski
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Welcome, Latvia!

Post by ART »

Last edited by ART on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
European soul, European pride.
gragox
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: Welcome Latvia!

Post by gragox »

Aiziet! :)
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3j0JvqHx9k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

welcome Latvia :flag-lv:
those that find a Latvian euro coin and live outside Latvia please post here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by claudio vda »

Hello Latvija and welcome to the Euro Zone! :D
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 11.03.2024)
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

Ciao Latvia , happy that the Euro Zone joins you
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

Welcome Latvia, would be nice to see a lot of new eurobilltrackers :D
gragox
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by gragox »

I need a bigger wallet. :roll: Eurocoins are terribly huge compared to Lat coins.

2 cent coin is bigger than 1, 2, 5 and 50 santims coins (50 santims = 1.2 euros)...
5 cent coin is pretty much the same size as 20 santims and 1 lat coin

Previously my wallet could easily fit 10+ euro change in lats, now it is struggling with <5 euros.
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

When you have 5 euro (in coins) in your wallet you have to change it in a :note-5: ;-)
gragox
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by gragox »

I guess I was just used to the fact that coins can in fact be handy and useful.. But, yeah, a :note-5: would give a chance to track another note. :D
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

gragox wrote:I guess I was just used to the fact that coins can in fact be handy and useful.. But, yeah, a :note-5: would give a chance to track another note. :D
same story with Malta, 1LM= €2.33 so with coins you could buy something - with the euro coins, you get lot of coins that are almost worthless
I hope that the 1c and 2c will be removed from circulation because they are really worthless and make my pockets heavy for nothing
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Welcome, Latvia!

Post by Dakkus »

So, I'm currently in Riga, arrived perhaps some five hours ago from Lithuania. Here's some input on how things are going regarding the new currency:
Having hitchhiked to some place to Ogres direction from Riga's downtown, I took a bus. After causing some confusion accidentally speaking to the driver mostly in Lithuanian and only partly in Latvian when trying to ask if the bus is going to the central station, I asked for the current price of a bus ticket. One euro, the driver said. I gave him two 50c coins, to which he replied "you must pay in euro". Apparently the spanish 50 c coins I had in my pocket and that happened to land on his "table" the national side up, were unrecognizable to him. I then took the 50 c coins back and gave him a 2 € coin (Portuguese) instead. He turned it around in his hand a couple of times, trying to figure what on Earth the piece of metal in his hand was, and then gave me five 20 c coins back as a change. And after a while, also remembere to print the actual ticket ;)
You can imagine, this wasn't the quickest possible procedure :D

A while later, I ordered something to eat in a café at the outskirts of downtown, where tourists seldom end up. Since the products I bought cost altogether 4,05 €, I Paid with 20 € note and 5 c coin. The worker also had to look quite carefully at the coin to figure out its worth. Somehow all of this is kind of cute, although definitely understandable. I didn't notice anything like this when the Euro was a new thing in Finland, probably because I was so confused myself that other people's confusion wasn't anything out of ordinary for me :)

Also, I've gotten altogether 13 coins as change by now. Two of them (a 1c coin from a cafe and a 10c coin from another cafe), have been Estonian, the rest 11 Latvian. Actually quite interesting seeing how the Estonian coins have made it to parts of city outside the touristic areas in such a short time :)

EDIT: A cafe had run out of small notes, so instead of 5€, 2€ and 20c what I got back was 2 €, 4x 1€, 2x 50c, 2x 10c. Of those, one 50 c coin is Estonian and one 10c coin French. (Not sure if the French one is one that I brought here myself. But, for what I remember, my coins weren't as shiny as that one)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
gragox
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by gragox »

No one has yet refused to take foreign coins from me. But, yeah, occasionally they are flipped for a few times in their hands, before they are clear it is a real euro coin. :D
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

gragox wrote:But, yeah, occasionally they are flipped for a few times in their hands, before they are clear it is a real euro coin. :D
It happens everywhere in the early months. But I still remember in 2002 a cashier in a supermarket which surprised me because she handled the Euro-cash as if she was using from decades :lol:
Last edited by ART on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
philgelico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Arras, France - Voiron, France - Lido di Dante, Italy

Post by philgelico »

May I report a question (or a remark) made by someone in the FB group :
He said that in several towns in Latvia people already have inserted notes, but the cities don't appear on the EBT Dot-Map.
Please, Latvian EBTers, feel free to inform the Support Team when you insert notes in a new town.
There is a "Support" in the clickable words (on the left of the web-page).
And feel free to give the coordinates of the new city (longitude and latitude) .
Many thanks ! :wink:
Si tu veux voler avec les aigles, éloigne-toi des paons. (proverbe d'origine inconnue)
千里之行 始于足下, proverbe chinois
اتَّكَلْنا منه على خُصٍّ الاتحاد قوة, proverbe arabe
ספר המעשיות: כולל אגדות וסיפורים מתוך קובץ כ"י ישן, proverbe sanskrit

Return to “Diskusija par EBT un sekošanu eiro banknotēm (Latviešu)”