Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Malta&Cyprus welcome,Slovakia and Estonia too,now Latvia

Post by starcapitan »

ImageImage

Cyprus and Malta will join €
I ' d like to know what u think about it !!
Thanks to all
:D
It will happen in 2008 and this hopefully will be the place for them ( :arrow: U ),to talk about EBT
MALTA & CYPRUS users welcome !!
I enjoy also talking about the european community enlargement : we are now 27 and Slovenia is in the €uroarea so we are going to be 15 with €
and nobody knows which ones will be the next to join :idea:
I would be :D if this topic could became a place 4all the EUROPIAN people and .. above all the next to join , 2 talk about EBT & €uro
W EBT , ciao
andrea

EDIT
Slovakia is to join € in 2009
Welcome Image users
Last edited by starcapitan on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 38 times in total.
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Probably... I will be able to get the coins from Malta in january and I would like to swap it (for cyprus coins obviously :wink: )

I think it is grate that other countries are able to adot the euro if they want!
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

Between the two series I prefer maltese (I like the heraldic symbols).
European soul, European pride.
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

coins

Post by starcapitan »

I remember the 2 official links to the coins :
MALTA http://www.ecb.int/bc/euro/coins/html/mt.en.html
CYPRUS http://www.ecb.int/bc/euro/coins/html/cy.en.html
:flag-es: :flag-it:
P.S. I have already ordered my coins sets and i have the eurobox + Slovenia !!
Last edited by starcapitan on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
girls legs SUPERFAN
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Jes wrote:Probably... I will be able to get the coins from Malta in january and I would like to swap it (for cyprus coins obviously :wink: )

I think it is grate that other countries are able to adot the euro if they want!
OH!! sorry I didn't understand the real mining of the question!! :oops:

I prefer Cyprus coins rather than Maltese ones. Just because I love boats and animals!! (that's why I also love the 2 and 1 Euro coins from Finland and the small ones from Greece!)

The "yellow" Malta coins are also nice of course as I like that kind of coat-of-arms-coin
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

coins

Post by starcapitan »

I don't think I will find them in circulation easily , maybe Cyprus a bit more propable and I will keep as I did 4 the 2 cent :flag-si: that a supermarket in front of my house gave me in agoust.
I don't like that much those heraldics symbols and I hate the 2-1 € of Cyprus , they look like an " ugly doll ".
Both decided 4 a (3 - 3 - 2) and usully I prefer the 8 all different but the others of both are really nice .I also think that it is grate that other :flag-eu: countries are able to adot the euro if they want and they reach the "criteria of convergence" to join € :!:

ciao thanks to Jes and ART 4 the comments
:cry: i have no friends there to talk about EBT

:flag-es: :flag-it:
Last edited by starcapitan on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:54 am, edited 14 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

a small comment. It's no longer :flag-eu: 25, but :flag-eu: 27 - as Bulgaria and Romania joined the EU in 2007
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

yli wrote:a small comment. It's no longer :flag-eu: 25, but :flag-eu: 27 - as Bulgaria and Romania joined the EU in 2007
I knew that we were 15 : :flag-es: , :flag-pt: , :flag-fr: , :flag-nl: , :flag-be: , :flag-lu: , :flag-ie: , :flag-uk: , :flag-de: , :flag-at: , :flag-it: , :flag-gr: , :flag-fi: ,Denmark and Sweden.
From the enlargement of 04 these new countrys entered : Estonia,Latvia,Lihtuania,Poland,Czech Republic,Slovakia,Hungary,Romania, :flag-si: ,Malta and Cyprus and no new entry was in sight ; I remember they were 10 ( there is also a 2 € commemorative 4 that :!: http://www.ecb.int/bc/euro/coins/comm/h ... 04.it.html )but now i count them and i find they are 11 so there is something wrong :oops: - i have always been bad in mats - I'll correct the topic title and the text after calling on monday the 00 800 67891011 , to be sure this time :!:
11.55 am : I have seen on
http://ec.europa.eu/europedirect/visit_us/index_it.htm that Bulgaria is in the EU :!: :arrow: 27 :flag-eu: :arrow: :lol: ,I will be more informated next week about the enlargement :oops: Thanks yli , I think u are right :mrgreen: ; I also sent an e-mail with the questio at http://europedirect-cc.cec.eu.int/websubmit/?lang=it

Who knows when the 2 new flags will be created by EBT ? sure 4 the 1st of January 08
:flag-es: :flag-it: :flag-nl:
Last edited by starcapitan on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Interesting, by the way, that the two countries which join "Euroland" on 1-Jan-2008 are not depicted on the € notes. Guess that will change in the next generation of notes - but those new ones won't come until 2010 or so ...

Christian
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

The history of the EU (formerly known as EEC)

1957 06 + 00 member states :flag-be: :flag-fr: :flag-it: :flag-lu: :flag-nl: :flag-de: (as West Germany)
1973 09 + 03 member states Image (including Greenland) :flag-ie: :flag-uk:
1981 10 + 01 member states :flag-gr:
1981 10 + 00 member states (Greenland leaves the EU)
1986 12 + 02 member states :flag-pt: :flag-es:
1990 12 + 00 member states :flag-de: (as Germany after reunification)
1995 15 + 03 member states :flag-fi: :flag-at: Image
2004 25 + 10 member states Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :flag-si: Image Image
2007 27 + 02 member states Image Image
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

2 yli & tabbs

Post by starcapitan »

Thanks , u are better than an encyclopedy :!: Romania didn't join in 2004 as I thougt :!: I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT the 2st enlargement when it joined with Bulgaria.I almost always watch TV news and read newspapers :!: I think it's great , now all EUROPE is in the EU :!:
I don't uderstand u : they are both represented on the notes :!:
:flag-es: :flag-it: :flag-nl: :flag-de:
Last edited by starcapitan on Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: 2 yli & tabbs

Post by yli »

starcapitan wrote:Thanks , u are better than an encyclopedy
No, it was with the use of wikipedia

I didn't know about Greenland
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: 2 yli & tabbs

Post by tabbs »

starcapitan wrote:I don't uderstand u : they are both represented on the notes :!:
Cyprus and Malta? Err, where? They can indeed be found on the current (2nd) series of coins. But if you already have a euro bill depicting the two countries, there is something wrong with that particular note ... :wink:

Christian
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: 2 tabbs & yli

Post by starcapitan »

tabbs wrote:
starcapitan wrote:I don't uderstand u : they are both represented on the notes :!:
Cyprus and Malta? Err, where? They can indeed be found on the current (2nd) series of coins. But if you already have a euro bill depicting the two countries, there is something wrong with that particular note ... :wink:

Christian

Sorry i thought u were talking about the join of Romania and Bulgaria with a writing error : 08 instead of 07,infact u rightly said " euroland " :arrow: sorry :oops:
I think that there will be another issue for the notes ( # 2002 ) only 4 security necessities and that will be the occasion 4 a right change :!: I don't know how :?: :?: It is impossible 4 Malta :!:

I also think that now EU 27 is the best situation with the entries of the last 2 big countries of ex - est Europe and we have to work very hard to be successful ; the next to join EU are going to be the balcanic states but I think it will take a long time.Serbia and Albania the most difficult ones.
I am looking forward to reach the number of 24 states in eurozone .. a day ..in the future :lol: Some say that Sweden has to do it in the future :arrow: I am not sure
It's interesting to see that :flag-be: , :flag-nl: , :flag-lu: will change their side of the coins in the future as :flag-es: will do 4 the 2 - 1 € :!: We have now 3 series 4 Vatican and 2 4 Monaco
It's interesting also to see that Cyprus pound and Maltese Lira ( as it happened 4 :flag-ie: ) value more than 1 € :!: all the 3 island-country
10.00 monday 15
I phoned ( 4 free :!: ) and a person in italian from Bruxelles confirmed .
Ciao
andrea
:flag-eu:
Last edited by starcapitan on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

new notes

Post by starcapitan »

I red on wikipedia - that the new generation of notes will have EURO in cyrillic :lol: Cyprus ( no Malta ) and the initials of ECB in the new countries'languages :!: Now there is written BCE - italian : Banca Centrale Europea ,ECB,EZB,EKT,EKP .
I think they are right changes but with all the secutity of the actual notes we are far away to make them,even if they say 2008 / 2010
EURO in cyrillic is the best thing that we can do :flag-eu:
:flag-it:
ciao,andrea

I also red that 2 $ are rare but that 500 ,1.000 , 5.000,10.000 , 100.000 are no more in circulation

I don't know why in the Spanish :flag-es: coins 4 of the 12 stars are in an arch :?: can anybody help me ?
Last edited by starcapitan on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
girls legs SUPERFAN

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”