Rules question

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

sonjohan
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Rules question

Post by sonjohan »

I have a colleague whom I informed about EBT and now he encodes his bills as well.
Problem: we go & eat together (with a large group) at the same snack, where we pay seperately.
It thus will happen rather often that I get one of his bills in my hands, but I cannot be certain which ones.

How should I do this: never encode the bills I get from that place, or ask for each bill whether it's one he already encoded?
We recently even had a hit 14 days apart !
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Rules question

Post by Dakkus »

sonjohan wrote:I have a colleague whom I informed about EBT and now he encodes his bills as well.
Problem: we go & eat together (with a large group) at the same snack, where we pay seperately.
It thus will happen rather often that I get one of his bills in my hands, but I cannot be certain which ones.

How should I do this: never encode the bills I get from that place, or ask for each bill whether it's one he already encoded?
We recently even had a hit 14 days apart !
Either pay with the same size note. If he pays with 20€ note, you do the same.
If the other one pays with 20€ and the other one with 50€, the 50€ payer will pay first, so that he won't get the 20€ note as a change.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

You and your workmate should also mark your bills with a special sign (such as a dot) so one can recognize notes of each other
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

My suggestion is either to mark notes, or else, one will take note of the serials, before the other pays.
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

Marking your bills with a pencil dot or dash somewhere would be easiest if the bills stay that long. So if this bills with pencil dots go through several hands the dots will be worn out. After some owners noone can be sure this bill once had a marking.
The Advantages are clear:
->You avoid friendly hits at work but don't mark the bills permanently.
->If one of the bills goes through several owners back to your work you will enter it and have a normal hit.
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”