Which location should be entered?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

giulcenc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Which location should be entered?

Post by giulcenc »

Usually I insert notes in the place I got them, but if the not is given me from a friend/relative and I'm 100% sure where he/she got it, I insert that place.

So, when i receive a note from my wife in the place A and I'm 100% sure he obtained that note in the place B, I insert it from the place B because the note was surely spent (by someone) and received (from my wife) in the place B.
Sometimes she doesn't remember 100% surely where she got her notes, so I insert those notes like this one: http://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=49426245 (Caniparola is our home-town, and the note is surely in our home when I insert it).

The same last year, my brother spent his holidays in Billund, Denmark, and when he returned to home he give me all his notes but he doesn't remember which notes he took from Denmark and which notes he took in Italy before starting, so I inserted all his notes in the place we are when he give me, like this one: http://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=50859014 (about 3 Km far from my home... I'd prefer a more exotic place! ;) )
All his notes was surely in Denmark, but some of those notes where only "passing" in Denmark from Italy and then they return in Italy without leaving my brother's wallet, so I can't in my mind say those notes are Danish ones!
m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by m_vw »

giulcenc wrote:.....
I do the same.

Maurice
My first Note
My Stats (updated 2020.08.13)
steevec
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by steevec »

This is my situation:
I often work abroad in not-Euro countries. When I need to go to bank to exchange Euro in local currency I ask my collegues if they need to change notes too (I'm italian but collegues are also from Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Croatia, etc.) . In such a case I bring their notes to the bank (with mine) and I take serials of their notes. Then I insert the serials using as location the place where I received the notes (even if I'm pretty sure that those notes are coming from their home contries or some other airport).
Is this correct? If not, what can I do different?

Steevec
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

steevec wrote:This is my situation:
I often work abroad in not-Euro countries. When I need to go to bank to exchange Euro in local currency I ask my collegues if they need to change notes too (I'm italian but collegues are also from Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Croatia, etc.) . In such a case I bring their notes to the bank (with mine) and I take serials of their notes. Then I insert the serials using as location the place where I received the notes (even if I'm pretty sure that those notes are coming from their home contries or some other airport).

Steevec
for me absolutely NO !!! ask bank to change this euros in other euros and yes you can put this not Euro location.

Ask notes before go to the bank and put as location where they colleagues come.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

presidente wrote:
Ask notes before go to the bank and put as location where they colleagues come.
I not agree at all
if the colleagues are in (for example) Vladivostok when they give the notes, the location should be (according to me of course) Vladivostok...
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

presidente wrote:for me absolutely NO !!! ask bank to change this euros in other euros and yes you can put this not Euro location.
Whats the difference if his colleagues went to the bank earlier and he comes later - without knowing this fact (!) - and ask the cashier for change! Then you have again the same really suspicious looking location faking entry.

I think we should use normal sense and if he got the notes there in his hand its ok for me (and i don't talk about his wife on airport at arriving!). I think that people aren't really want to fake hits, they are interested to get notes and a dot. And i would prefer if they use the comment field to describe this fact and not to fear to be accused as faker!

And otherwise you will claim in a next step, that the money received in a foreign place must be spent there, because if he takes a note back home and it gets a hit, its suspicious again (like :flag-cy: :flag-be: Limassol - Boom)!
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Petri6 »

Steevec
In spite of what presidente said, this is absolutely the right way to do it and is confirmed in the rules.
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Everybody makes what he wants, for me arrive in one foreign city ask notes to somebody that is with you and surely didn't take notes in this city and putting as location this city is only a fake behaviour to have more dots and more possibility to make exotic hits...why? Because if you exchange notes in one USA bank (for example) 99% of the time are new notes (UNC) the notes of your friends no and second are not found in USA from your friend. I am not the right person (and it's not my thought!!! :D :D )to forbid you to make different but this is my opinion and luckely I am not alone that play game with this elementar rules. (also if are not in "book of the rules")
steevec
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by steevec »

Steevec
Let's see the same thing in a different way:
I go in Vladivostok; there I go to a bank and I change Euros (already tracked in Italy) with local currency. Then I 'sell' some of the local currency to some collegues and I receive back Euros. Is it Ok I track those notes in Vladivostok? Also according Presidente rules?

Steevec

PS: thanks eveybody for your answers
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

steevec wrote:Let's see the same thing in a different way:
I go in Vladivostok; there I go to a bank and I change Euros (already tracked in Italy) with local currency. Then I 'sell' some of the local currency to some collegues and I receive back Euros. Is it Ok I track those notes in Vladivostok? Also according Presidente rules?
According with presidentes rule absolutly NO, because you have to investigate for each of your colleagues where he received his notes! And when your colleagues come perhaps from different countries like :flag-at: and :flag-fi:, you can made with this rule a hit :flag-at: :flag-at: and :flag-fi: - :flag-fi: while sitting with this note in Vladivostok! :mrgreen:
And if this case will happen, i am sure that there will be again the screaming about "faking" ! :roll:

I know that this example is as strange as it is the example of presidente with the notes of his wife at arriving on the airport. Again, please use normal sense and if possible use the comment field to describe the situation from whom or where you get the notes!
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

steevec wrote:

Steevec
Let's see the same thing in a different way:

Steevec

PS: thanks eveybody for your answers
Presidente rules!!! :D :D think to make this exchange in one aeroplane..do you ask pilot which city you are flying over? :D :D If you are in the middle of Sahara desert do you put this impossible location? You find a beduin that live in this oasi and you exchange notes with him? yes in this case you can put this oasi as location. May be are hard rules but we avoid to have impossible hits like some on this list
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/hits/?tab=0;hitsort=kmlwhere you can find exotic hits between two users that have also several hits in their original country.

Ergo one thing is to speak about fake notes (and cleaning girls are making a really good job :D :D ) and this is the "crime" worst, an other thing is to speak about fake location..you don't like fake location? ok I will write wrong location!!! :D :D... use the comment to explain the situation.. but after you can have an hit Roma-Moscow that in reality was only a normal Rome-Rome..for statistic an other comment is not important!!!
Yelverdack
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Yelverdack »

An what about if your are in Vladivostok, you see other european tourists who don't travel with you. You ask them if you can write the serial of their euro notes. Can you write Vladivostok as location ?
"To be is to do". Socrates
"To do is to be". Jean-Paul Sartre
"To be do be do". Franck Sinatra

Loi de Bell : Tout corps plongé dans une baignoire entend alors le téléphone sonner.
Loi de Zenone : La file d'à côté avance toujours plus vite. Si tu changes de file, celle que tu viens de quitter deviendra alors la plus rapide.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

presidente wrote:..you don't like fake location? ok I will write wrong location!!! :D :D
Yes, i think thats a much better word! Because you can sometimes proof if notes are invented or not, but unfortunatly by hits and locations you have to trust the users.

And this problems occurs not only with exotic places but also in local games (like the 2357 communities of Austria). I think we all know best for us as trusted and valuable our records are!
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Yelverdack wrote:An what about if your are in Vladivostok, you see other european tourists who don't travel with you. You ask them if you can write the serial of their euro notes. Can you write Vladivostok as location ?
If you are so bravery..you can put Vladivostok!!! but there is a difference no little: with you friends you are sure that they don't take this notes in Vladivostok..with other tourist...no!!! (but I am sure that if in Vladivostok I ask to other tourist to exchange notes..they call immediatly POLICE!!! :D :D )
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by soilian »

yli wrote:I believe you can always use the commentfield to tell who gave you that note and where it came from.... like this note
I would also use the comment field in a case like this. :)
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”