Which location should be entered?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Which location should be entered?

Post by Phaseolus »

Today, I asked to some Dutch Tourists at the Terrasse of a Bar in the Ski station for exchange some bills with them.

Ii was hoping for some nice hits...

Fortunately, I did not make any hits, because otherwise I would have had the trouble to know if I had to register my bill in Châtel (France) or in Nijmegen (Netherlands)...

:mrgreen:

But i'll try again tomorrow !

re - :mrgreen:
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

nossi wrote:
presidente wrote: your friend gave you a note because was not a EBT user but if he was a EBT user which location would put on this note?
The answer is clear: You MUST NOT enter this note! (according to the rules)

A big "thank you" to eddydevries! I think, he give us the best explanation of the rules. :D
...which rules? 8O
Rules speak only about serial numbers written from an other person, in my example you have the note in your hands and the rules are this:

"Notes originating from other people
Again, the idea is that everybody should only track notes he/she personally held in his/her hands, but use common sense. We won't ask your 80 year old grandmother to buy a computer and register an account on EBT, so feel free to ask her if you may check out her wallet when visiting her ;-) However, we do not promote then entering of serial numbers which a stranger wrote down for you. You will be held responsible for every faked note entered on your account.
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nossi »

presidente wrote:
nossi wrote:
presidente wrote: your friend gave you a note because was not a EBT user but if he was a EBT user which location would put on this note?
The answer is clear: You MUST NOT enter this note! (according to the rules)

A big "thank you" to eddydevries! I think, he give us the best explanation of the rules. :D
...which rules? 8O
Rules speak only about serial numbers written from an other person, in my example you have the note in your hands and the rules are this:

"Notes originating from other people
Again, the idea is that everybody should only track notes he/she personally held in his/her hands, but use common sense. We won't ask your 80 year old grandmother to buy a computer and register an account on EBT, so feel free to ask her if you may check out her wallet when visiting her ;-) However, we do not promote then entering of serial numbers which a stranger wrote down for you. You will be held responsible for every faked note entered on your account.
To get a list with serialnumbers is not the same as to change notes with someone! When I give someone a :note-100: and I get back 10 :note-10: , what should be wrong? If it would be, you can't even enter one note!

In the case you asked before, you will get the note from an EBT-user (and you know this fact), then you should not enter them (in the German-version this a written rule!).
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

nossi wrote: (in the German-version this a written rule!).
In all languages this is a written rule! See: FAQ/Help -> Tracking:
I'm a member and I introduced a friend of mine to EBT. I let him enter a note of mine just to test how the system works. Is this ok?
It's a good thing that you've brought a new user to EBT, but he/she should enter only the notes he/she has.

There's one basic rule: you shouldn't enter a note if you know in advance that it has already been entered by someone else. For example, if the note was received from a relative or a friend who is also a member of EBT, the note shouldn't be entered again at all.
An exception to this rule is that if someone has written the EuroBillTracker address on it — these notes can freely be added. But it is advised to mention in the comment field that the bill has been marked.

Additionally, there should be a physical contact with that note — receiving just the serial number and other data from a friend via email is not acceptable.
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -STAR- »

eddydevries wrote:Conclusion: [...]
This is just a perfect summary.
I could not have done it any better!

Thanks for taking the time to write down all of this.
Rgds, Franz
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Petri6 »

Mr Euro wrote:For me it's easy. I only enter notes I personally have had in my hand. I always use the place where I have first received it, sometimes I use the commentfield to tell where I have spend it.

I also enter my parents notes. Sometimes they tell me, where they got it. Then I still place it where I have had in my hand (because I know for 100% sure it was there) and enter in the commentfield the place they say they got it.

It's that simple.
Agreed!
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Petri6 wrote:
Mr Euro wrote:For me it's easy. I only enter notes I personally have had in my hand. I always use the place where I have first received it, sometimes I use the commentfield to tell where I have spend it.

I also enter my parents notes. Sometimes they tell me, where they got it. Then I still place it where I have had in my hand (because I know for 100% sure it was there) and enter in the commentfield the place they say they got it.

It's that simple.
Agreed!
I agree me too..but we lost "why" we started this discussion: you (not you.. in general :lol: :lol: ) can't go in exotic country and when arrive ask notes to your friends, wife ecc ecc. and put this exotic location when insert this notes. This is only done to have more Dot in the map and exotic hits.
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by claudio vda »

I don't know if what I do is correct, but I make difference if the person gives me or only shows me the note (or the serial).

My account is like a little team: I register my and my family notes, the notes of my music school, the notes of my friend Jose and notes from some other friends.
Jose lives in Madrid, I live in Pisa; somethimes he send me a mail with the codes: I write from Madrid, because those notes have never been to Pisa. About the 10% of my notes are from Jose.
My music school is in Pisa, I only copy the codes, not getting the notes, because it's not my money; I write Pisa (that was easy). About the 35% of my notes are from my music school.
Other friends are in my team, it may happen that they have notes in other places, they show me the note somewhere, but they get it in the town X. I write town X because my friend get the note there, it's not my money, my friend only shows it to me (or give the code) because I am the person that inserts the bills on the DB.
When I get some money somewhere I don't ask "where this note comes from?": it's MY money and I get in THAT place.

Of course we have to be honest and flexibles: if I go in an exotic location with a friend, I write as money of this location only the money that me and my friend get really there, not the notes who my friend brings from home, also if he give them to me in the exotic location.

Do you think me and my team are correct? :roll:

For example
(1)I never been to Lisboa, but a friend of me went there and send me by email the codes of 3 notes from Lisboa: I don't know if those notes have been spended in Pisa, in Lisboa, in Paris, in Roma... but I wrote "Lisboa" because my friend get them there.
(2) My parents went to Niger with some friends, they didn't wrote "Niger" for the notes that they exchanged with the friends at home, they could wrote Niger if they get some euros there... but unluky the did not.
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 12.04.2024)
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -STAR- »

presidente wrote:we lost "why" we started this discussion: you (not you.. in general :lol: :lol: ) can't go in exotic country and when arrive ask notes to your friends, wife ecc ecc. and put this exotic location when insert this notes. This is only done to have more Dot in the map and exotic hits.
Of course not. But you cannot presume that this is the case every time someone enters a note in an exotic location.
At least you have to grant the benefit of doubt. Even if I know someone by name, this cannot automatically be
considered friendly. Maybe he or she just introduced himself/herself to me.

Rgds, Franz
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

when i've notes in my hand, I enter those notes in the city where are (or were) my hands !

all of my dots and all of my locations are places i've been myself, it's my way of playing EBT :D

(sorry for my bad english)
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Kleman wrote:when i've notes in my hand, I enter those notes in the city where are (or were) my hands !

all of my dots and all of my locations are places i've been myself, it's my way of playing EBT :D

(sorry for my bad english)
..and sure you are correct 100% (more than me!!! :wink: :wink: )
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

presidente wrote: I agree me too..but we lost "why" we started this discussion: you (not you.. in general :lol: :lol: ) can't go in exotic country and when arrive ask notes to your friends, wife ecc ecc. and put this exotic location when insert this notes. This is only done to have more Dot in the map and exotic hits.
Reading your comment to Klemans and comparing it with the one quoted I don't get it presidente:
In your opinion: Is there any difference in between €-Zone and the rest of the world?
If I ask a friend (who is not an EBT user) to change my :note-100: down to some smaller bills to change one of this bills in some bank to whatever-currency-may-be-used-there I surely write down the serials and enter them as for the place I have been as I don't know where it comes from. Obviously this is also done within the €-Zone if I ask someone to change.

Finally we had to talk about banks. If I go to a bank and change my bills. Shall I enter the location of the bank, or the location the bank got the notes from (which could origin from another bank that got the notes from a bank in somewhereelse)?
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

doiknow wrote:
presidente wrote: I agree me too..but we lost "why" we started this discussion: you (not you.. in general :lol: :lol: ) can't go in exotic country and when arrive ask notes to your friends, wife ecc ecc. and put this exotic location when insert this notes. This is only done to have more Dot in the map and exotic hits.
Reading your comment to Klemans and comparing it with the one quoted I don't get it presidente:
In your opinion: Is there any difference in between €-Zone and the rest of the world?
If I ask a friend (who is not an EBT user) to change my :note-100: down to some smaller bills to change one of this bills in some bank to whatever-currency-may-be-used-there I surely write down the serials and enter them as for the place I have been as I don't know where it comes from. Obviously this is also done within the €-Zone if I ask someone to change.

Finally we had to talk about banks. If I go to a bank and change my bills. Shall I enter the location of the bank, or the location the bank got the notes from (which could origin from another bank that got the notes from a bank in somewhereelse)?
I don't understand your doubts (may be I am translating bad) Kleman wrote the all dots he has are where he got notes...perfect 100 %!!! But I supposed he got this notes in bank shop or other.
My point is only one: you can't ask notes to somebody in exotic country and put this location if you know that this notes come from an other location..I don't see nothing of difficult to understand my thought...I remember you my example: if we write that this behaviour is right a shuttle astronaut can put "near the moon" as location of the notes of the other astronauts!!! :wink: :wink:
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nossi »

OK, presidente! And what is really the difference if you change notes with a private person (if he/she is not related to you and is no EBT-user) or to change notes with the cashier of a bank? Both you won't do it, if you wouldn't know EBT. Or would you come to Vienna, go to a Bank and ask for one or more bundle :note-5: as a normal tourist?
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

nossi wrote:OK, presidente! And what is really the difference if you change notes with a private person (if he/she is not related to you and is no EBT-user) or to change notes with the cashier of a bank? Both you won't do it, if you wouldn't know EBT. Or would you come to Vienna, go to a Bank and ask for one or more bundle :note-5: as a normal tourist?
there is a big difference!!! if you change notes in one bank you are sure that this notes are of the city where you are, if you change with a friend that is in trip with you, you are sure NOT but many users in EBT put locality where the exchange is done and this is not correct for me. After instead to have an hit (for example) Finland-Finland you have an hit Finland-Emirates and for me is not correct.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”