Self hit

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

A perverse suggestion

Post by lmviterbo »

Yannn wrote:Hmmm, seems I got my first "boomerang", or rather "bounce" hit today, as I received a €20 I already entered on 2004-10-16 as change by my doctor today !!!
My first back-hit (just another designation to add, although "boomerang" is still the best) was one of my first notes, and I regret having neglected to take note of which note it was. After all, it's not that common a thing...

Now here's a wicked idea. If I were you, I would have created another account, named Yannn'sBoomerangs, and would have reregistered the note :wink: I wonder what would the admins think of it. Well, now that I think of it, what about allowing notes to be reentered only to a personal account? :idea:
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

And again a "boomerang-hit" today :cry:

This note ( http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... id=4339664 ) I received in St.Maartensdijk and today I got it back from my butcher.
Steun het Nederlandse Rode Kruis.
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

I received a French €20 note today which I already had on the 11th of November, 18 days ago!
Yannn
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Yannn »

Grrrmbl !
:x

A self hit again today, with the same doctor as the last time I got one...

Note already entered on 2004-11-05 11:52:29 ...
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Doesn't he put his money in the bank? :o
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

Yannn wrote:Grrrmbl !
:x

A self hit again today, with the same doctor as the last time I got one...

Note already entered on 2004-11-05 11:52:29 ...
I think you have to go to an other doctor, this one isn't good for you and EBT. :wink: :wink:
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Yannn
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Yannn »

Or tell her (she's a female doctor) about EBT, maybe, as she seems to love her notes enough to keep them with her for weeks and not put them at the bank ! :)
j3paris
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by j3paris »

Absolutely unbelievable...in an EBT desert such as Paris, 968 notes and I get my first hit!!! 8O

Who with?

Myself!!! :twisted:

I changed a bunch of fivers at the bank earlier this week...and at the grocery store near the bank, I got a note today that I registered last week! There's no way I could have made a mistake...I keep a separate list for each day.

So no hit for me :cry: ...Bummer or what?
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

Got onemyself too. A fiver I got near here in August. What a pity
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
foofighta
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by foofighta »

I also had my first (self-) hit 2 days ago!

It really was strange: I got back at school a 5€ note. It was from Finland and very wrinkled (what happens really not often here!) Then I said to my friend: " Hm, I think, this could be my first hit" (just for fun :) ) But at home, I saw that I have entered the same note 3 months ago!! I think, it must have been also at school, but 3 months!

Thats really strange... :wink:

foo
jabosa2
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by jabosa2 »

Today I received this note
http://eurobilltracker.eu/index.php?com ... id=4778758

from some one who lives in a place about 10 km. away from my hometown. I received it as changemoney :x :x
www.rodekruis.nl/
My stats
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

Users with such a boomerang hit may wish to write a mail to contact@eurobilltracker and suggest a comment that describes the circumstances of the boomerang hit in brief. The "comment" field has been extended for such purposes from its original 100 characters to sufficiently more.

I'm writing this at the danger of getting now a flood of emails that is comparable to the flood of french mails we received in the last few days (as a consequence of the very pleasant number of new francophone users). I'd like to use this opportunity to point out that, although we can deal with pretty much any Eurozone language, mails in English language are strongly preferred.
Myranya
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Myranya »

I got one too! It was a very quick one; I spent a 20 euro bill at the grocery store yesterday and I got it back from my mom today. I knew she was at the store but that was coincidence, we weren't together and each buying our own things... she didn't see me until she was already standing in line. And I didn't ask for that bill when she refunded me for a book I bought either (I didn't know she had it, I never enter her notes. She thinks it's interesting if I want to take part with my money but she thinks it's too much of a hassle.. I asked if I could enter hers too but no :( ). Lol, not near as interesting as some hits I read in this thread but still sorta cool, after all it was pretty busy at the store and anyone could've got it...
So, I guess this was nice practice, now I'm crossing my fingers for a real hit :P
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Self Hit

Post by Phaseolus »

Today I had my first self hit.

It's a 10€ banknote that i spent on February 24, 2005 and that I got back today at the post office.

One should know that Angers is a rather small town in France and I must be one of the few to track the Euro down here...

I feel frustrated because, I could not even enter the note ; it was simply refused... although I believe that it is a real hit....

My question is : "Is it valid, and if it is valid how can I enter it ?" I have written to the contact email address of EBT, but I have not yet received an answer.

Thank you for your comments

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”