Cheater detected !

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by EuroBillTracker »

emmem wrote: I’ve an idea about this, but maybe there are better ones than what I’m going to work out here.
I think your idea is good but I remember when slashdot added their voting scheme on comments for everyone, people were able to do things and screw up the system. It took them 1 or 2 revisions of the system to get it right.
Since I think few people will actually participate in it, it could be a waste to spend a lot of time making sure people cannot tamper with it. I think I will manually give voting power to top forum posters for example. And I'll remove the priviliges if people mess around with it.
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

About the possible votingsystem.

I don't like that idea. You just place the problem elsewhere. If for instance you need 100 bills a month to get a vote, people start entering fake serialnummers. What is the point of that? What if there is one fake hit, I don't care, but I do care if there are 100 fake serialnumbers.

What extra will it bring us? Nothing, just more work for the webmaster and more fake notes. Why do you guys even want a votingmechanism? I think every hit (local, international of either what hit except fake hits) are as important as the other ones. Please rethink this before messing up this great thing we have now! Maybe you should install a jury of people who are actually helping out on this site who IF AND ONLY IF there is a smell of fake hit help to decide it's legitimate or not.

Let's vote on the votingsystem :wink:

Misc.

1. The triple hit is a fake one for me
2. The local hits from De Jo are real for me. Maybe in the comment there must be mentioned that they are entered in the 24u shop. So people can see that the bill visited the shop a second time.

More hits... more interested people... more bills inputed... more hits... more...more.... more :twisted:
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

EuroBillTracker wrote: Since I think few people will actually participate in it, it could be a waste to spend a lot of time making sure people cannot tamper with it.
If too few people participate, it’s even a waste of time to spend time to set up the voting system I proposed. And if you see the number of people registering the forum and the amount participating in polls, I’m afraid few people will indeed participate in the votes. :(
EuroBillTracker wrote: I think I will manually give voting power to top forum posters for example.
This seems a better idea to me. Well, maybe we could choose regular posters instead of top posters if it doesn’t result in a significant higher workload. :?

Choosing voters based on the forum has the advantage that it will not encourage the entry of fake data, like Mr Euro explained. Furthermore top posters or regular posters are likely to be active users (users who enter bills).

And if you really want to vote you just have to become a top user. So everybody can become a voter. :D

I’m definitely in favor of the voting system proposed by our webmaster. Please forget I ever posted mine. :oops:
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Mr Euro wrote: and more fake notes. Why do you guys even want a votingmechanism? I think every hit (local, international of either what hit except fake hits) are as important as the other ones. Please rethink this before messing up this great thing we have now! Maybe you should install a jury of people who are actually helping out on this site who IF AND ONLY IF there is a smell of fake hit help to decide it's legitimate or not.
I think it would be interesting to have a premium list as described in my previous message where interesting notes are listed at the top.
By allowing people I think I can trust to vote, I won't have to write a totally tamper proof system.
This will allow us to not have to censure bill entries anymore and it will make everyone happy since all hits will be allowed. And people intersting in viewing all of them can while people just curious can look at the premium list

It's simple, we can make it more complex later on if needed.

I'm on v0.1 of my community translation system :)
m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by m_vw »

I wanted to start a thread but noticed this one was about the bill I wanted to say something about.

The bill has no short code and shows up as being printed by Unknow for Albania. Did I miss something and has the Euro zone already expanded ;-) .
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

m_vw wrote: I wanted to start a thread but noticed this one was about the bill I wanted to say something about.

The bill has no short code and shows up as being printed by Unknow for Albania. Did I miss something and has the Euro zone already expanded ;-) .
Ooops !! I added the caching to bill reports today and I must have missed that when I was testing it !
Everything is back in order now

Don't know if you've noticed but most pages are now being generated in a few hundreds of a second !

Post by Guest »

I just saw i had my first hit ( a real one :-) ) so i looked in the stats and saw a bill which travelled 22,7 km in 5 minutes and 9 seconds. Of course one was entered anonymous. I didn't feel like checking any more bills but i still think that it shouldn't be allowed to enter anonymous bills.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

Hmm, that was me.

Guess it shouldn't be possible to post anonymous too

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”