iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/2015)

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Location: Kleinschwarzenbach / Helmbrechts / Franconia / Germany

Re: iEBT: iPhone / iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.1 as of Jan. 8th 2011)

Post by Schlauchen »

<offtopic>

How do I install the EBT android app? I downloaded an "Astro File Manager" as described on google, but where do I have to save the .apk file in order to find it again in the file manager?

</offtopic>
Hokuzai
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: iEBT: iPhone / iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.1 as of Jan. 8th 2011)

Post by Hokuzai »

Very good tool
a small error: if you deselect automatic save, you must input a comment, otherwise you cannot save the input
ideas: OCR or voice input for very fast input, but the input now is also very good
download of own data and some statistics/ranking
download of hits every day with push mail, if hit
Diskutiere nicht mit Spinnern. Sie ziehen Dich auf ihr Niveau herab und schlagen Dich dann mit ihrem "Experten"wissen.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: iEBT: iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.4 as of Oct. 20

Post by Baumchen »

iEBT version 1.4 is finally available [url=itms://itunes.apple.com/de/app/iebt-euro-bill-tracking-made/id409716509?mt=8]on iTunes[/url] and in the AppStore!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: iEBT: iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.3 as of Sep. 28th 20

Post by Baumchen »

As of today version 1.7 is available in the App Store.
It has support for the iPhone 5 screen and now fully supports the new 5€ notes.

Download here!
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by xja »

I see that you guys haven't updated the app since may of last year, will you update it for the new :note-10: ?
I currently enter notes on my iPhone using Safari and I admit it could be better if the keyboard stays up so you can switch to the next field.
I also understand that the other app (the free one which I tried) is not being updated even for the new :note-5: , and if you add the in-app purchase for full usability (such as offline storage and multiple note entry) it ends up costing more than your app.
So if you let me know about future roadmaps I might consider to buy your app.

Bye!

<OT>Since you must have a Mac, please consider this: it's just a matter of compiling an existing free project</OT>
Bollivierke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Bollivierke »

Hello,

I love using your app but recently I've had some problems with :note-10: notes from the new Europa series not being accepted. Is there an update coming to fix this?
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

We're currently working on an update. But I don't know yet when it's going to be available.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

Just found out that you can enter the new 10s with the current version as well.
Turn of validation for Printcode and Serial in the Settings. :)

Still, we're currently working on the new version that will support the new 10s with validation as well.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

iEBT 1.9 - it's free

Post by Baumchen »

iEBT 1.9 has been released.

Finally you can properly enter your new 10s with iEBT.

Go ahead and download it from the App Store right now.

It's free - if you like, you can buy an Ice-Cream for the developers.
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by xja »

Great! I'll give it a try...
It looks like it's going to be very nice!
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: iEBT: FREE iPhone/iPod Touch App (Ver. 1.9 as of 1/11/20

Post by xja »

I just reviewed it on the AppStore,in Italian so I'll repeat it in English.
The app is great, and entering notes is very smooth, better than on my laptop. It could be better if you can support more languages, maybe with the help from forum users. I'd be happy to help.
Another feature would be that the app could download the entire database for all the user's notes for viewing offline and for checking for duplicates locally before submitting. I'd be happy to know whether that note I found in a drawer is already submitted or not.
Bye!
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by xja »

I think I found a bug: in the settings there is a "refresh old notes" switch that turns itself off the next time you launch the app. It says it will ask permission to download some data, but it does nothing instead.
Bye!
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

Thanks xja, I will look into it.
Once we're building the next version I'll get back to you for Italian localization - so far we didn't know anyone speaking Italian. :)

Duplicate notes will be displayed in the App after you've submitted them, it should do no harm to submit duplicate notes right?

Anyway, you're right: It would be a great feature to download all notes from the server to iEBT, but we're not currently planning to implement this feature, sorry.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Baumchen wrote:Anyway, you're right: It would be a great feature to download all notes from the server to iEBT, but we're not currently planning to implement this feature, sorry.
What about uploading a csv? If this feature were to be implemented, then the users could insert several notes on the same file arguably for their own convenience, or decide to download the entire Notes csv from EBT and then upload it to iEBT.

By the way, thanks for this app. I've been using it for a few days and find it way easier to register notes here than on any other app I've used.

Another feature I might use (especially if having some kind of access to my old notes is made possible, e.g. through the mentioned csv upload) is a comment search. This is, on EBT, how I search Café X or ATM nnnn in order to then register notes from there without having to search for the postal code again.

On another note: shouldn't the Compass button take me directly to my Current Address? That's the way I thought it worked, so I thought there was a bug because that pointed me to 0º,0º — until I realized there's a "Current Address" line there.
Baumchen
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Baumchen »

lmviterbo wrote:What about uploading a csv? If this feature were to be implemented, then the users could insert several notes on the same file arguably for their own convenience, or decide to download the entire Notes csv from EBT and then upload it to iEBT.
We're looking into it, but I don't think this is going to happen soon, sorry.
lmviterbo wrote:By the way, thanks for this app. I've been using it for a few days and find it way easier to register notes here than on any other app I've used.
Thanks!
lmviterbo wrote: Another feature I might use (especially if having some kind of access to my old notes is made possible, e.g. through the mentioned csv upload) is a comment search. This is, on EBT, how I search Café X or ATM nnnn in order to then register notes from there without having to search for the postal code again.
Once you've inserted any of those locations in iEBT you can click on the 'History' button and then search for the comment.
This won't help if you haven't inserted this location/comment before, but still should do the trick for "most cases" - once you've used the app for some time.
lmviterbo wrote:On another note: shouldn't the Compass button take me directly to my Current Address? That's the way I thought it worked, so I thought there was a bug because that pointed me to 0º,0º — until I realized there's a "Current Address" line there.
Yes you're right. I'll fix that in a future version. Thanks.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”