get those fake hits out of the list!!!!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

de-jo

Post by de-jo »

Enormous explosion of number of fake hits this days! :twisted:

:cry: poor guys who are meaning it well. They do not find their real hits back in the large amount of 'junk'-hits!!!

:wink: Propose to webmaster to create quickly 2 lists.
1. With all hits (incl. fake ones) so the guys who enjoy to travel with large number of notes to eachother and like to see that figure increase, can go on with this game.

2. a list without those 'forced' fake hits, so that the people, looking for at random hits are happy also.

Greetzzzz.

What do you think?
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Well de-jo. I feel you are so right :)
Mardy
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Mardy »

This poposal looks fine to me. These guys look a bit frustrated to me. :o
de-jo wrote:
:wink: Propose to webmaster to create quickly 2 lists.
1. With all hits (incl. fake ones) so the guys who enjoy to travel with large number of notes to eachother and like to see that figure increase, can go on with this game.

2. a list without those 'forced' fake hits, so that the people, looking for at random hits are happy also.
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

Looking at the increasing number of "assisted" hits (I cannot prove that they are fakes), it seems reasonable to me to issue a 2nd hit list. The 2nd list will irritate some users, if it gets implemented in an unsensible way. Therefore I think that the 2nd list must be introduced very carefully.

This should include that the criteria for the 2nd list are clearly visible to everyone.
There should also be a statement that the webmaster is aware of the problem that the 2nd list unfortunately will exclude some honest hits and that it cannot be 100% fake-proof on the other hand.
Finally, there should be a poll on the question if the 2nd list should be maintained or not. This poll should IMHO take place 4 weeks after the 2nd list's introduction, so there will be time to make some experience with a 2nd list. I think the poll is necessary to keep the confidence of all eurobilltracker users.
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Flip the Coin »

de-jo wrote: What do you think?
Four lists :?:

:? One with biljets with all hits.
:D One with biljets with only hits from different users.
:( One with users who share multiple hits.
:D One with users without sharing multiple hits.

Nico
There is no spoon..
Craco
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Craco »

This is a big discussion point but in principle i agree that we have to do something to make the hitlist "interesting".

Since it seems like Woombel and his mates: Eurodriver, Money-Penney, Milto, Harzer Hexe, Armageddon, Blubbermaus, have discovered the site and register all their monetary flows on the site and this has driven the hit counter up.

1) It would make sense to split up the hit lists as suggested already in a hit list where there is only hits between different users and another (friends) hit list for the multiple hits between the same (group) of users.
-> advantage keep the "main" hit list interesting

2) Secondly I would suggest to count multiple hits between one user-pair only as one hit, to reduce the hit counter.

3) Thirdly, we could think about a "moderated hitlist". As a subset of the Eurobilltracking-community, some of us are very interested in hits, we could think of a hit list that highlights the "most interesting hits", but than of course we must get a definition nailed down of "most interesting hits".. and what about hits with an anonymous user...

Greetzz,
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

What if a form was made available where you can choose the kind of hits you want to see based on certain criteria that are easy to calculate (easy in terms of not requiring too many resources from the EBT server). For instance I was thinking about
  • - The number of related hits of a bill (were a related hit is a hit made by one of the users who participated in the hit). If this would take too many resources fixed ranges could be used (1, 2-5, 6-9,10-19,20-49,50-99,…)
    - The time between first entry and last entry of a hit. (No longer than a week, from a week to a month, a month to 3 months…)
    - Include local hits
    - Include non-local national hits
    - Include international hits
    - Only users first hits.
    - Only users last hits.
    - Only hits of active users (users who have entered one or more bills in the past month, for users who are registered longer than a month. For newer users their inactive time should be shorter than the time between joining and last being active)
    - Number of steps (or the number of times a bill has been entered by a different previous user)
A second thing that could be done is to calculate an EBT hit score. The score could initially be based on things we can all agree on that make a bill more interesting. This score could be used to sort on.
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

I must say I'm starting to get annoyed by these "fake hits" guys. This isn't any fun anymore. I believe there should be something done very quickly otherwise people start loosing their interest in our project. I for one, did notice that I don't look as often as I did before the fake hits started.

Media who are looking to our project will loose their interest too if they see this. Believe me, fake hits aren't good to tell stories about!

J.
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by francky »

Sorry if somebody say that before
:idea: what about to take off from the hits what belong to the two (or more) same persons except the first one :roll:
Francky [fr][en :?: ]
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

craco wrote: 1) It would make sense to split up the hit lists as suggested already in a hit list where there is only hits between different users and another (friends) hit list for the multiple hits between the same (group) of users.
-> advantage keep the "main" hit list interesting
Yes, I agree!
craco wrote: 2) Secondly I would suggest to count multiple hits between one user-pair only as one hit, to reduce the hit counter.
Yes!
craco wrote: 3) Thirdly, we could think about a "moderated hitlist". As a subset of the Eurobilltracking-community, some of us are very interested in hits, we could think of a hit list that highlights the "most interesting hits", but than of course we must get a definition nailed down of "most interesting hits".. and what about hits with an anonymous user...
More stats? :wink:

O.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Donald wrote: Looking at the increasing number of "assisted" hits (I cannot prove that they are fakes), it seems reasonable to me to issue a 2nd hit list. The 2nd list will irritate some users, if it gets implemented in an unsensible way. Therefore I think that the 2nd list must be introduced very carefully.
I think that we all agree on that point.
Donald wrote: This should include that the criteria for the 2nd list are clearly visible to everyone.
A hit between two friends must be in a separate list.
Two people are considered as friends as soon as they have 2 hits (or more) in common.

I know the webmaster is aware of the problem! Let him enough time to work on it. "Paris has not been built in one day" :-)
Donald wrote: Finally, there should be a poll on the question if the 2nd list should be maintained or not. This poll should IMHO take place 4 weeks after the 2nd list's introduction, so there will be time to make some experience with a 2nd list. I think the poll is necessary to keep the confidence of all eurobilltracker users.
Could you do it? :)
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Mr Euro wrote: I must say I'm starting to get annoyed by these "fake hits" guys. This isn't any fun anymore. I believe there should be something done very quickly otherwise people start loosing their interest in our project. J.
Hello! :-)

Don't get annoyed! This problem will be solved quickly. We have to let Philippe think about it.
And don't forget that we don't work much in may, in France. :-) We enjoy the sun for a few days!
Mr Euro wrote: I for one, did notice that I don't look as often as I did before the fake hits started.
Media who are looking to our project will loose their interest too if they see this. Believe me, fake hits aren't good to tell stories about!
Well.. I will take the occasion to climb the ranking hit, so! ;)

You know, in less than 5 months, this site has changed a lot! New functionnalities have been added regularly, the design has changed twice... there is a forum. I personnaly like the flags. :)

I'm sure the problem of the friends hits will be solved in a few days. :)

Olivier
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

francky wrote: Sorry if somebody say that before
:idea: what about to take off from the hits what belong to the two (or more) same persons except the first one :roll:
Philippe will do it very soon! :-)

Olivier
jaker
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by jaker »

It's obvious that the 'multihit circle' has misunderstood the purpose of this project. But whether or not they have ruined the list of multiple note hits, I still think the more interesting list is the personal notes list -- I'm still waiting for my first star, to indicate that one of my bills has reappeared somewhere else. I'd hate to spoil the fun by copying the serial numbers from someone else's notes.
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

francky wrote: what about to take off from the hits what belong to the two (or more) same persons except the first one :roll:
Maybe something for later on...

When clicking on a user his (or her) hit history could be shown (below joined, location, last active, number of notes…) :P

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”