Changing notes in Dublin

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

dermo88

Re: Changing notes in Dublin

Post by dermo88 »

500's are only possible to change if you are known personally to a shop or a Bank. I found that last Christmas, I had to change two purchased outside the Eurozone.
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

Well, at the end my flatmates couldn't go to Dublin so I'll have to take care of that dotmap(s) myself :P. At least they found a :note-20: lying in the floor somewhere in London. We'll see, maybe it's an :flag-uk: :flag-ie: H/T!
evaldas1982
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by evaldas1982 »

So whats the point to print :note-100: :note-200: :note-500: notes if people can't use them freely? Especially in :flag-ie: !
In all the time(7.5years) i live in Ireland i managed to get few :note-500: ,recently i've got few crisp :flag-ie: :note-100: at my local post office and saw :note-200: note just once!! :oops:
ivanleo
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by ivanleo »

Hello,

It's easy to exchange any euro notes in Dublin, just go to the Central Bank of Ireland.
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

ivanleo wrote:Hello,

It's easy to exchange any euro notes in Dublin, just go to the Central Bank of Ireland.
They would note change €-for-€ for me. I was told I needed to have an account...

I have managed to pick up just 1 x €100 in Ireland: http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=62385255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I got this note by exchanging for a fistful of €5s and €10s at Dublin airport.
japh
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by japh »

lazza wrote:
ivanleo wrote:Hello,

They would note change €-for-€ for me. I was told I needed to have an account...
It's the luck of the draw, some banks will exchange notes whilst others won't. The next time you're in Ireland try changing some :note-50: for :note-10: and :note-5: in an Ulster Bamk branch.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”