The town of Fucking, Austria.

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij

mistercesare
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: The town of Fucking, Austria.

Postby mistercesare » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:08 pm

groentje wrote:Monaco is worse still, especially if you are in Milan and thinking of going to the mediterranean principality, but getting on a train to Monaco in Bavaria won't get you in the right direction :mrgreen:

In Italian München is written as the principality, so it's very confusing. If someone tells you: "Vado a Monaco (=I'm going to Monaco)" it's impossible non to ask him: "The German or the "French" one" :lol:

tabbs
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Postby tabbs » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:01 pm

... or you say "Monaco di Baviera" right away. (Or something like "the bigger one", hehe.)

Christian

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby Montgomery Burns » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:37 pm

I was reminded of these two examples on Reddit today: Kagar and Repente. They're in Bradenburg, couldn't find an EBT profile for either of them. They didn't cross my mind before, but it's an old joke in Portuguese and Spanish-language sites.

"Repente" means "suddenly". "Cagar" means "to sullen" or, most often, "to take a shit".
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tabbs
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Postby tabbs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:couldn't find an EBT profile for either of them

Hehe, nice pair. ;) The reason why there is no profile, well, the places depicted on that map (Repente, Luhme, Flecken Zechlin, Dorf Zechlin, Kagar ...) are all part of the city of Rheinsberg. If I got a euro note in, say, Repente, I would enter it with Rheinsberg as the location. Maybe, just maybe, with an explanatory note re. Repente in the comment field ...

Christian

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby Montgomery Burns » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 pm

OK, thanks for that. Some towns don't come up in a search because they haven't been visited in a long time - as I learned in this very thread (site admins and location managers don't have this restriction, presumably) - but I see that's not the issue in these cases.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”