Science research help needed!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij

youseuf
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Science research help needed!

Postby youseuf » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Dear Trackers
I am currently researching the presence of antibiotic resistant bacteria on the euro note and require data on the distribution of the euro currency. I am relatively new to this site however would be grateful if any of you could assist with map data preferable the 10 and 100 euro note.

thank you for your help and time.

User avatar
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3228
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby googlejaps » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi youssef,

I don't understand what data you are looking for. Do you want an example of a :note-10: hit and a :note-100: hit? If so you can find that on our website yourself.

If you are looking for different data, please explain in detail, maybe we can help.

User avatar
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Lis., Portugal

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby Montgomery Burns » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Sounds more like diffusion statistics would be of more use. Also, it's not clear to me if you're actually registered at EBT or just here (the forum). You need to be registered at the main site to see the statistics.

youseuf
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby youseuf » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Dear all
Sorry for the late reply , i am registered on the EBT site and the forum. The information i am interested in is how far have the 10 + 100 euro notes have traveled from the source at which you have found them. Do apologize if this data already exist on the main site.

User avatar
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3228
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby googlejaps » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 am

The :note-10: that has travelled the longest distance: 16.190 km, from Image Brisbane to :flag-be: Eupen
The :note-10: that has travelled the shortest distance: 0 km, several hits. Example from today: from :flag-si: Maribor to :flag-si: Maribor

The :note-100: that has travelled the longest distance: 11.444 km from Image Buenos Aires to :flag-de: Krefeld
The :note-100: that has travelled the shortest distane: 0 km, severhal hits. Example: from :flag-at: Vienna to :flag-at: Vienna

Yes this information is publicly available from the site. You might need to have an account to find it (which you have), and it takes a few minutes.

Is this the information that you wanted?

JHN-TX
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby JHN-TX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 pm

youseuf wrote:Dear Trackers
I am currently researching the presence of antibiotic resistant bacteria on the euro note and require data on the distribution of the euro currency. I am relatively new to this site however would be grateful if any of you could assist with map data preferable the 10 and 100 euro note.

thank you for your help and time.

Euro notes just like any other bank note must be covered in all sorts of nasty bacteria.
People are in and out of toilets ,not washing their hands,handling raw meat, etc.
I have found euro notes with blood stains.
I have to wash my hands 2 or 3 times after entering notes,before I can eat any food.
Do you have any stats on the bacteria found on euro notes?
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number




Always put the disclaimer in small print.

User avatar
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Lis., Portugal

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby Montgomery Burns » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm

JHN-TX wrote:Euro notes just like any other bank note must be covered in all sorts of nasty bacteria.
People are in and out of toilets ,not washing their hands,handling raw meat, etc.
I have found euro notes with blood stains.


And the cocaine, you can't forget the cocaine lol.

JHN-TX
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby JHN-TX » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:
JHN-TX wrote:Euro notes just like any other bank note must be covered in all sorts of nasty bacteria.
People are in and out of toilets ,not washing their hands,handling raw meat, etc.
I have found euro notes with blood stains.


And the cocaine, you can't forget the cocaine lol.

Maybe that's what is making the bacteria resistant to antibiotics.
The smaller notes must have more bacteria, the larger notes should be cleaner.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number




Always put the disclaimer in small print.

Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby Petri6 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 am

JHN-TX wrote:
Montgomery Burns wrote:
JHN-TX wrote:Euro notes just like any other bank note must be covered in all sorts of nasty bacteria.
People are in and out of toilets ,not washing their hands,handling raw meat, etc.
I have found euro notes with blood stains.


And the cocaine, you can't forget the cocaine lol.

Maybe that's what is making the bacteria resistant to antibiotics.
The smaller notes must have more bacteria, the larger notes should be cleaner.


I am highly sceptic about cocaine traces effecting the bacteria in the notes. There is absolutely no reason why cocaine would do this.

JHN-TX
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby JHN-TX » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Petri6 wrote:
JHN-TX wrote:
Montgomery Burns wrote:
JHN-TX wrote:Euro notes just like any other bank note must be covered in all sorts of nasty bacteria.
People are in and out of toilets ,not washing their hands,handling raw meat, etc.
I have found euro notes with blood stains.


And the cocaine, you can't forget the cocaine lol.

Maybe that's what is making the bacteria resistant to antibiotics.
The smaller notes must have more bacteria, the larger notes should be cleaner.


I am highly sceptic about cocaine traces effecting the bacteria in the notes. There is absolutely no reason why cocaine would do this.

This was just a silly comment ,not to be taken seriously.
However,bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics can pass on this resistance to other bacteria just by coming into contact with these non resistant strains.
It is mostly EBT members that would go looking for euro notes in parts of Asia ,South America,etc.
These notes would probably be brought back to the eurozone where there would be a greater chance of a hit.
This one note could pass on the resistance to a whole bundle of notes,and this bundle to many more bundles.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number




Always put the disclaimer in small print.

youseuf
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby youseuf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Dear Trackers
Sorry again for the long wait , i have just got back to cambridge and have just started growing the bacteria in the lab. Il be sure to keep you posted on any updates for those who are interested.

Thank you again for you much appreciated help.

youseuf
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby youseuf » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:35 am

Dear Trackers

I have cultured my first 36 isolates which are showing signs of resistance to tetracycline and erythromycin! It is still early days with many more bacteria still yet to cultured and testsed, i will be sequencing these soon to identify what these are. I will post updates for those interested =)

thank you


User avatar
xja
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Calabria (Italia)

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby xja » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:54 pm

It was for some sort of PhD?
What did you find out?
Have you got any hit?

Bye.

User avatar
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: München, Germany
Contact:

Re: Science research help needed!

Postby androl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:21 pm

JHN-TX wrote:This was just a silly comment ,not to be taken seriously.

Beware of new tenners with serial EB014... :mrgreen: :oops:
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."


Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests