Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

flurk
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

exporting

Post by flurk »

Hi,

I was wondering what the "export to a CSV file"-link is all about.

You can find it at the top of the page with all your notes after you clicked on the "View my notes"-link in the menu.

Can someone explain me the purpose of this link?

Thanks very much!

an addicted eurotracker :wink:
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

It gives you a Comma Separated Value(s) file of your bills. You have to save it to disk with CSV as extension (instead of html or php depending on the browser you are using).

Then you can open it using a spreadsheet program (such as Excel) or a database program (such as Access).

This way it is more easy to make some stats with your own bills.
flurk
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by flurk »

cool

I'll try it once :)
ag_pt
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by ag_pt »

I had once entered a comment for a banknote with a space character, and my Excel, when importing the CSV file data, scrambles all the notes (i.e., puts data in the wrong columns) after that one - even when I point out a semicolon (';') as a separator character for column selection. :(
Did anyone experience this??
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

ag_pt wrote:I had once entered a comment for a banknote with a space character, and my Excel, when importing the CSV file data, scrambles all the notes (i.e., puts data in the wrong columns) after that one - even when I point out a semicolon (';') as a separator character for column selection. :(
Did anyone experience this??
I frequently enter bills with a space in it. But up till now those entries did not cause any trouble.

The entries with the ; char in it that’s another story. Although I have found a solution for this in MS Access. I just load every record into a single field. Then I use q query and some functions break up the fields into the data I need.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”