Invalid serial number in new 5 bill

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Zore
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Invalid serial number in new 5 bill

Post by Zore »

First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain, but i write here because this could become a big problem to the web and I think this should be seen by as many people as posible.

I was going to register a :note-5: (the new design) when i noticed that the serial number has 2 letters and 10 numbers, so the page says that the serial number is invalid and it cannot be registered. It's from 2013 and I supose that's a new format for the serial numbers on the bills. Maybe because they have run out of serial numbers with just one letter, but the fact is that, if the new bills have 2 letters and 10 numbers, they cannot be registered and that will become a growing problem as there is more and more unregistrable* bills.

And yes, I've checked all the authenticity signs of the bill.

*I don't know if i just made up that word xD
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Invalid serial number in new 5 bill

Post by avij »

Nearly five million such Europa fivers have already been entered to EBT. EBT will accept the note if you select the correct denomination (5 euro) prior to entering the serial number.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Zore
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Zore »

Yes, but not with this kind of serial number. Look, it has 2 letters. You can try to register any serial number with 2 letters and the page won't let you claiming that it's wrong. But you can see that it isn't.
Attachments
IMG_20140616_150020.jpg
IMG_20140616_150020.jpg (112.36 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

Zore wrote:Yes, but not with this kind of serial number. Look, it has 2 letters.
All the new Europa-notes have 2 letters at the begin of the serialnumber.
Zore wrote:You can try to register any serial number with 2 letters and the page won't let you claiming that it's wrong. But you can see that it isn't.
Maybe you have an old version of the website (especially the javascript part) in your browser cache, so maybe you should try to reload the page! And - as avij wrote - it is important to set the value first to "5", that such a serialnumber is recognized as a valid one.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

The logs indicate that you have tried to enter that note with a too short serial number: SD + 9 numbers. Try entering the full serial number -- two characters and 10 numbers.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Zore
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Zore »

Well, I double checked it, but I don't know where i was looking. Now it works.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's the first note I see with 2 letters and it looked strange for me because I know that the first letter represents the country of the note, and I thought this was something new. That and the error message saying that the serial must be 1 letter and 11 numbers confused me :oops:.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”