Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by groentje »

That might do it, yes. I generally ask to exchage €20 or €25, if they can give back, and if they can't I propose to give a 5-er extra ;)
kfb2
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by kfb2 »

in saigon airport I found 2 moneychangers to change :note-50: into :note-5: 10x :D if I would have more notes they will help me too
colondee
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by colondee »

Last edited by colondee on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

colondee wrote:There are no longer any euro ATMs in Great Britain. There may be some in Northern Ireland. The "euro ATMs" in London are basically banknote vending machines with variable pricing.
Going through this thread, my understanding is that this is the case for most euro "ATM's" outside the Euro Zone - there is almost always a fee involved. There are very few "pure" cash dispensers (it may have been the case with those London ones in the past, I wouldn't know).

On another note, that was a great post you made there, very insightful. :)
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

I don't know now, but when I took € in ATM in UK last year (London, Stansted & Luton Airports), it was totally free.
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

I agree with kleman. I withdrew euros in London-Canary wharf Tube station ATM and Southend Airport. My bank charged me only the normal 2 € fee for withdrawal outside Euro Area. I remember the same happened to me in Turkey in Pamukkale and Turkish part of Cyprus. But it all depends on the country. In Qatar i paid more then i withdrew.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

No fee for me :D
Mes stats

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

OK then, perhaps I mixed up fixed service fees (charged by banks), and floating exchange rate fees (determined by the market).
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gareth_aethwy
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by gareth_aethwy »

London Euston train station used to have a euro ATM, not sure if it's still there, will check on Friday!
tng11
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by tng11 »

Sydney airport has Euro-dispensing ATMs scattered around - they give out :note-20: :D No fee using my :flag-at: bank card, no conversion, just the same euro amount deducted from my account.

In Toronto, Canada, one bank, CIBC has a bunch of euro dispensing atms through the airport and in the city. Unfortunately they force conversion from CAD to EUR at a poor exchange rate and then also charge 2 EUR commission on top per withdrawal. Their machines at the airport also have currencies including GBP, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan, Mexican Pesos and even Indian Rupees!

I have also seen one ATM in Hong Kong that has euros, but it doesn't accept foreign cards. Screen said all it had were :note-100:.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Yesterday in the Airport of Atlanta i've seen an ATM Travelex with the € symbol on it, I try it with my french card but it was not working (maybe because of my account).
It is on Terminal F.
Mes stats

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

I don't think it has been mentioned, but London City airport LCY has two ATMs with € when you enter the terminal building from the DLR, on the left between the Swiss desk and the Travelex exchange. Only :note-20: and probably always UNC.

Toronto airport YYZ does indeed offer a very bad rate. We were approached by a gentleman from an exchange office who said he could offer € and you could pay by card. I think he has a better rate. I ended up getting charged € 29,65 for a :note-20: at the ATM :evil:
colondee wrote: There are no longer any euro ATMs in Great Britain. There may be some in Northern Ireland. The "euro ATMs" in London are basically banknote vending machines with variable pricing. A bit like the Gold ATMs in Dubai.

They are selling :note-20: :note-50: for an inflated price in GBP. If you put a euro card in, you will pay €21 for :note-20: or €53 for :note-50: - or even more if your bank has a fixed charge for foreign transactions.
That has never been my experience in the UK and my withdrawals last Friday and Monday did not cost me any fee. 25x :note-20: withdrawal ended up as € 500 on my bank statement.
dsmithgt2
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dsmithgt2 »

Chalk Farm tube station in Camden, London has an ATM that dispenses Euros. Walked past it while I was there two weeks ago.
dornbusch2010
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by dornbusch2010 »

Am Flughafen in Tel Aviv kann man an zwei Automaten problemlos neben Shekel auch € ziehen. Und zwar neben dem Wechselschalter der Bank Poalim, Rot Weisses Logo, in der Abflughalle. Ich habs zu spät entdeckt und hatte meine Transaktionen so und so bereits erledigt. Aber fürs nächste Mal ist es vorgemerkt.

On Airport Tel Aviv are two ATM, near the Bank HaPoalim Counter ( red white logo ). They are handing over not only Shekel, € too.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Going to Lüzern, Switzerland and Lichstenstein today and trying to find Euro-ATM's there, that gives euro with foreign card. If anybody has a last minute hint, give it soon. If not, I tell you later, if found any.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”