Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by googlejaps »

Does anyone know if euro-ATMs exist in Image Romania?

In October I will visit Image Bucharest and the Image international airport Otopeni.

Please let me know!
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

I had no time for further searching of ATM's at Otopeni two years ago, because I had a flight to catch. There was still a cafe in the transit area, which accepted euros and gave also euros back.
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Image Keflavík International Airport in Iceland has two Euro ATMs. Upon entering the secure area, you will walk towards a Landsbankinn desk; to the right of the desk, there are three ATMs, with the middle and right one (also) giving out :note-50:'s.
NBE322
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by NBE322 »

In Poland you can now withdraw euro in the Euronet ATMs in Warsaw. I understood that they have only :note-50: though.

A list of the ATMs which have euros can be found here: http://www.euronetpolska.pl/index.php?m ... ont&id=254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thejay
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by thejay »

Yesterday I went to London.
Visited the ATMs that were mentioned here earlier:
Victoria Coach Station Arrivals (Raphaels) -> still only :note-20:
Bishopsgate (NatWest) -> I also got :note-10:

And I found two new ones -> both from Raphaels in the Underground section of Liverpool Street Station. They are in different halls. The one I used was a mixed €/£ machine (only :note-20:). I don't recall about the other one.

They didn't charge any fees for my Belgian (Argenta) and Dutch (ING) Maestro-cards.

Happy withdrawing :-)
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

the atm in the port of dover before the check in zone has been removed
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Terminal 1 of Dubai Airport Image has multiple Travelex ATMs with euros. One of these is standing near checkin zone B.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

i declaire the euro atm in Birmingham new street station missing and presumed dead
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

maarsy wrote:i declaire the euro atm in Birmingham new street station missing and presumed dead
I also had trouble finding the euro ATM in Birmingham New Street Station. When I finally found it, it turned out to be at the exit on Navigation Street. This exit is not in the central hall of the train station, but at the far ends of the train platforms you can exit the train station there.

When I found the ATM (which clearly said EUR on it) it didn't accept my bank card. So I didn't get anything from it. When I visit next year I will try again.

I did find the euro ATM in Birmingham Airport, which is available in the hall near the check-in counters.
thejay
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by thejay »

Hi all,

Sorry, but it isn't exactly clear to me where the ATM's in Heathrow Airport are. Are they before or after the check-in and security area?
I'm asking this because I'll be going to London in May (by Eurostar) and I might be tempted trying to score the dot involving Heathrow Airport.
But in this case it's only interesting of course when the € ATM is in the public area of the Airport since I'm not flying....
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

A Handelsbanken ATM at Göteborgs Brunnparken had euros, but I wasn't able to get them with my foreign card. Located outside.
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

thejay wrote:Hi all,

Sorry, but it isn't exactly clear to me where the ATM's in Heathrow Airport are. Are they before or after the check-in and security area?
I'm asking this because I'll be going to London in May (by Eurostar) and I might be tempted trying to score the dot involving Heathrow Airport.
But in this case it's only interesting of course when the € ATM is in the public area of the Airport since I'm not flying....
The ones I know of are all in the secure area, so you need to travel by plane in order to get to them.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

googlejaps wrote:
maarsy wrote:i declaire the euro atm in Birmingham new street station missing and presumed dead
I also had trouble finding the euro ATM in Birmingham New Street Station. When I finally found it, it turned out to be at the exit on Navigation Street. This exit is not in the central hall of the train station, but at the far ends of the train platforms you can exit the train station there.

When I found the ATM (which clearly said EUR on it) it didn't accept my bank card. So I didn't get anything from it. When I visit next year I will try again.

I did find the euro ATM in Birmingham Airport, which is available in the hall near the check-in counters.

maybe it has been moved and /or put back since they are renovating
thejay
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by thejay »

According to this site there should be a Thomas Cook/Raphael's Bank ATM in West-Croydon distributing Euro-notes:
http://www.nearestcashpoint.co.uk/searc ... eelchair=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raphaels Bank
THOMAS COOK WEST CROYDON
Thomas Cook 96-98 North End
Croydon Surrey CR0 1UD ENGLAND
I'll try a visit this Tuesday. This should be good for scoring the "South-London" dot.

Secondly, the Raphaels Bank branch at
Chiswick Park Chiswick Park Building 5
566 Chiswick High Road
London W4 5YA ENGLAND
should be OK for the "West-London" dot (which most people try to score at Heathrow Airport)

Results are in :-)
1: North End is the main shopping street in Croydon. The Thomas Cook branch is, as you would expect, a travel agent and travel money supplier.
The ATM is however outside the shop, at the right side in the walkway to the Whitgift shopping center and opposite side-entrance of the McDonald's.
Easily recognisable, even on this photograph (the poster is a bit of a give-away ;-))
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thoma ... 60!6m1!1e1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2: It's just an ATM, no bank whatsoever...
Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chisw ... 854e61af58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Raphaels £/€ ATM is located at the east side of Building number 5.
The dot however is incorrect, I requested an update in the correct forum-thread.

And third: I spotted a Raphaels ATM in Bond Street Underground Station. So for the Central London dot, you won't have to go all the way to Liverpool Street Station or the NatWest/Ulster Bank branch.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

FREE CASH ... how come it Always gets credited off my account

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”