Euro notes from the ATMs

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

Iori_Yagami
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: Euro notes from the ATMs

Postby Iori_Yagami » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Yeah, I really hate that you can't withdraw :note-5: . What if I have less than :note-10: remaining? Go to the bank, and if its closed, go suck your finger or whatever. Previously ATM gave out 5 Lats when :flag-lv: still had Lats (LVL) and 5 Lats was the lowest denom banknote. (It was a bit more valuable than euro though, about 7 euros, or 9.50 dollars).
Funny how ATM which take banknotes in accept :note-5: without problems.
Well, I guess for rest of Europe :note-5: is not a lot of money, so they don't care? :wink: Or maybe you don't drain whole account into cash stack on salary day? Well, internet/Mastercard payments are useful.
Unrelated, but similar - coffee machines which do not accept 1 and 2 cent coins. Previously they did, and I used them as a good tiny coin disposal tool - after 5 minutes of tossing coins in, relax with a cup of (poor artificially tasting :D ) coffee. Now I can't do that - they replaced coin mechanisms, minumum coin is 5c now. :?

Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby Aatos99 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Iori_Yagami wrote:Yeah, I really hate that you can't withdraw :note-5: . What if I have less than :note-10: remaining? Go to the bank, and if its closed, go suck your finger or whatever. Previously ATM gave out 5 Lats when :flag-lv: still had Lats (LVL) and 5 Lats was the lowest denom banknote. (It was a bit more valuable than euro though, about 7 euros, or 9.50 dollars).
Funny how ATM which take banknotes in accept :note-5: without problems.
Well, I guess for rest of Europe :note-5: is not a lot of money, so they don't care? :wink: Or maybe you don't drain whole account into cash stack on salary day? Well, internet/Mastercard payments are useful.
Unrelated, but similar - coffee machines which do not accept 1 and 2 cent coins. Previously they did, and I used them as a good tiny coin disposal tool - after 5 minutes of tossing coins in, relax with a cup of (poor artificially tasting :D ) coffee. Now I can't do that - they replaced coin mechanisms, minumum coin is 5c now. :?

In Finland (at least most of) ATMs give just :note-20: and :note-50: . I understand that it's much easier to put just big notes to ATM, cause you have to put much more notes in if there are also smaller notes, and notes run out faster from ATMs. But in Estonia, it's still possible to withdraw also fivers.

Most coin automats that I've seen don't accept even 5 (some either 10) cent coins. That's really a good place to use your small coins. :lol:
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Postby lmviterbo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm

As far as I know, the only countries that don't have :note-5: in any ATM are:
  • Cyprus
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Malta
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
All others have at least a few machines that stil yield :note-5:

(I actually don't know about what happens regarding this on any of the microstates — Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican — nor in Montenegro or Kosovo.)

the_pooh_tripper
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Postby the_pooh_tripper » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:55 pm

In Switzerland, one bank (Bank Migros) offers :note-5: in ATM but only up to 50 euros.

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”