EU 27 : Council Presidency , Treaty of Lisbon and more

Discussion/News about Europe, EU, politics

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Sirmia
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Sirmia »

I've recently read some news about the 112 number. The statistics are terrible. According to the Commission's survey published on EUvonal.hu, only 22% of the EU citizens know about the 112 number, however, 95% of them find it useful. Also, the Commission has urged the member states to promote the usage of the number. As for my experiences in my country, people would rather use 104 (ambulance), 105 (fire brigade) and 107 (police) than this universal number, because they are used to these numbers mentioned above. :roll:
I don't know if you have heard the news that there's only one EU member state where the service isn't available yet, and there have been sanctions as well for this country - and this country is Bulgaria.

About the Lisbon Treaty, yes, I am proud that my country was the first to approve the Reform Treaty (at its former name). 8)
Last edited by Sirmia on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirmia
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Sirmia »

sorry for the double posting, but I can't delete my own posts... :cry:
Last edited by Sirmia on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by WinstonSmith »

In Italy I guess it's the opposite: people are more likely to call 112 (= Carabinieri) than the more specific numbers, such as 115 (fire brigade; also 1515) and 118 (ambulance / health emergencies), which were introduced later, I think.
I can remember a tv report two-three years ago about the number 112 incredibly being inactive in some remote towns in southern Italy. :?
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EU 27 : Council Presidency , Treaty of Lisbon and more

Post by starcapitan »

http://europa.eu/lisbon_treaty/countries/index_it.htm
just Sweden and Czech Republic have still to approve it ; the problem is that Ireland didn't approve it via referendum
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

20/11/2008 Sweden approved it :D :!:
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
girls legs SUPERFAN
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

And this from CZ: "The Czech Republic's highest court today (26 November) ruled that the Lisbon Treaty is consistent with the country's constitution, clearing the way for the country to ratify the EU's reform treaty and cornering Ireland, which is now the only EU country to block it." http://www.euractiv.com/en/future-eu/li ... cle-177515

After this court decision, it is indeed expected that both houses of the Czech parliament will fairly soon ratify the Treaty. However, in both Poland and the Czech Republic, the presidents (not the governments/parliaments) still oppose it. And in Germany the president will not sign it before the Constitutional Court's decision.

Christian
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

girls legs SUPERFAN
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Seems that the Irish are supposed to vote again. And from what I have read so far, the other EU members are even willing to do away with the limitation of the number of commissioners, only to get a Yes from Ireland. So if IE votes Yes this time, we may in the future end up with thirtysomething Commission members. This is just silly ...

Christian
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

tabbs wrote:Seems that the Irish are supposed to vote again. And from what I have read so far, the other EU members are even willing to do away with the limitation of the number of commissioners, only to get a Yes from Ireland. So if IE votes Yes this time, we may in the future end up with thirtysomething Commission members. This is just silly ...

Christian
The coolest thing about this is that each Commission member attracts a bureau of 200-500 expensive workers around himself.
That's some way of wasting money, indeed! :)
But whatever. Once the Lisboa treaty is working, it enables the parliament to change that rule relatively simply, once the Irish have figured out how pointless having 35 Commission members is :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

La ringraziamo per il suo interesse verso il Trattato di Lisbona.
In risposta alle sue richieste, desideriamo informarla che ad ottobre, il Consiglio europeo, ricordando le sue conclusioni del giugno 2008, ha preso nota delle analisi dei risultati del referendum sul Trattato di Lisbona presentate dal parlamentare irlandese Brian Cowen. Il governo irlandese continuerà le sue consultazioni con l’ottica di contribuire a trovare un modo di risolvere la situazione. Su questa base, il Consiglio europeo ha concordato sul fatto di ritornare su questa questione in occasione della sua riunione dell’11 e 12 dicembre con la prospettiva di definire gli elementi di una soluzione a un comune percorso da seguire.

La invitiamo a consultare la sezione delle conclusioni del Consiglio sul sito internet del Consiglio dell’UE e della Presidenza francese:
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/cms3_fo/ ... de=g&name=

Il sito della Presidenza francese è il seguente:
http://www.ue2008.fr/PFUE/lang/it/accueil

Insieme a quello già menzionato, la preghiamo di notare che l'attuale trattato di Nizza, entrato in vigore nel 2003, resterà il punto di riferimento dell'attività dell'UE fino a quando tutti i paesi europei non avranno completato il processo di ratifica del trattato di Lisbona.
Per maggiori informazioni su questo argomento, la invitiamo a contattare il Consiglio all’indirizzo seguente:
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/cms3_app ... &cmsID=820

Infine, la invitiamo a consultare su base regolare la sezione “Novità” del sito del Trattato di Lisbona dove troverà gli ultimi sviluppi, soprattutto riguardo il processo di ratifica in corso:
http://europa.eu/lisbon_treaty/index_it.htm

Trattato di Lisbona – Condurre l’Europa nel XXI secolo
http://europa.eu/lisbon_treaty/index_it.htm

Dite la vostra sull’UE!
http://europa.eu/debateeurope/index_it.htm
girls legs SUPERFAN
WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by WinstonSmith »

Let's accept bets about what the next Commissioner will deal with (once Croatia joins).
I propose a Commissioner for EuroBillTracker.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re:

Post by tabbs »

Sirmia wrote:I don't know if you have heard the news that there's only one EU member state where the service isn't available yet, and there have been sanctions as well for this country - and this country is Bulgaria.
Update - the 112 emergency number now works everywhere in the European Union, including Bulgaria. (Here http://www.lexisnexis.de/aktuelles/sozi ... nummer-112 is an article in German.) Now the next issue will be to to make such emergency services available in several languages. Of course different countries still have different additional "special" numbers like the ones you mentioned ...

Christian
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

logo with the motto

presidency logo

If you go 2 http://www.eu2009.cz/en/media-service/mobile-magazine/ u can riceive free newsletter on your mobile phone
girls legs SUPERFAN
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

Presidency Trio

girls legs SUPERFAN
WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by WinstonSmith »

starcapitan wrote:Image
Since when has "EL" become the two-letter combination for Greece? It has always been "GR"...

Return to “Europe-Board”