no
57%

Total votes: 61

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Craft wrote:
Olivier wrote:The situation has changed in Ukraine, and the people asks for more links with Europe. Have you seen the european flag in the crowd supporting Ianoukovitch?
Iushenko, rather? (I know, their names really are pretty difficult to distinguish :roll: )
Yes, Youchenko... well, the one with the alien face.
:twisted:
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Olivier wrote:
Craft wrote:
Olivier wrote:The situation has changed in Ukraine, and the people asks for more links with Europe. Have you seen the european flag in the crowd supporting Ianoukovitch?
Iushenko, rather? (I know, their names really are pretty difficult to distinguish :roll: )
Yes, Youchenko... well, the one with the alien face.
:twisted:
Oh, you must be meaning Jushtshenko.
Interesting how many different ways of writing his name there are :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
peter_at
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by peter_at »

Dakkus wrote:
Oh, you must be meaning Jushtshenko.
Interesting how many different ways of writing his name there are :)
Well, there are many different languages. It should not be too difficult for you to guess the languages below.

Yushchenko and Yanukovych
Juschtschenko und Janukowitsch
Joesjtsjenko en Janoekovitsj

Back on topic (but don't take it too seriously): I suggest a compromise: the western part of the Ukraine yes, the eastern part no. :lol:
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

peter_at wrote: Back on topic (but don't take it too seriously): I suggest a compromise: the western part of the Ukraine yes, the eastern part no. :lol:
Actually I find it very hard to believe the country would be as badly split as Janukovitsh and Putin would want us to think..
I believe that once there's no Kutshma or Janukovits left in the main political lead, the country will pretty fast be one again.
Many people in the east were fooled by lies or even forced to vote for Janukovitsh.

When all this fuzz is over they'll see what the world really is like.
Remember that although there were more Janukovitsh supporters in the east, the margin was rather small. Some 5% lead doesn't really mean anything in reality. At least it won't cause the country to tear apart.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
ajb924
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by ajb924 »

if Turkey is allowed - why not Ukraine - after all it is by far more European
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Because, unfortunately, Turkey has a more thriving economy than Ukrain, they asked much earlier (several decades) and Ukrain is very big. I don't know if Europe can cope with too many very large countries. Not until the EU has reformed itself very much.
Turkey is not yet ready, but the EU isn't as well. Ukrain too is just too much. For now.
Van Geel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Van Geel »

There can be a possitive evolution now in Ukraine, because they elected the pro-western Joetsjenko. But offcourse the way is still very long to EU membership!

Return to “Europe-Board”