Comments from/to non-Francophone forumers

Votre opinion est important, suggestion ...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Kleman

tiura
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Comments from/to non-Francophone forumers

Post by tiura »

Terve! Hello! Bonjour!

A Finnish EBT'er here! I'm coming to Paris tomorrow, saturday 8.3.2014 and will stay there until tuesday 11.3., eventhough the last day I will spend at JEC trade fair. If you want to meet and maybe have a drink or dinner at saturday, sunday or monday I'm open to suggestions.

I'm one of the organizers of Summer EBT meet in Turku, Finland, and if you want to discuss about the meeting or ask anything about to city where the meeting is going to take place, your welcome to do so, because I'm the one of the organizing team that has best local knowledge of the area because I have been living there over 40 years :)

You can reach me here on the forum, or through email tiura@sci.fi of through my facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/TiuraZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

tiura wrote:Terve! Hello! Bonjour!

A Finnish EBT'er here! I'm coming to Paris tomorrow, saturday 8.3.2014 and will stay there until tuesday 11.3., eventhough the last day I will spend at JEC trade fair. If you want to meet and maybe have a drink or dinner at saturday, sunday or monday I'm open to suggestions.

I'm one of the organizers of Summer EBT meet in Turku, Finland, and if you want to discuss about the meeting or ask anything about to city where the meeting is going to take place, your welcome to do so, because I'm the one of the organizing team that has best local knowledge of the area because I have been living there over 40 years :)

You can reach me here on the forum, or through email tiura@sci.fi of through my facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/TiuraZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi,

I have sent you an email

Looking forward to meeting you

Phaseolus
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

pardon, philoucanaillou de Besançon a-t-il jamais écrit sur le forum :flag-fr: :?:

Besançon (Brunei) http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=137541328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besançon (Brazil) http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=137541327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besançon (Botswana) http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=137541326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besançon (Bosnia-Herzegovina) http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=137541325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besançon (Bolivia) http://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=137541324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

il faudrait lui dire qu'il utilise un app qui ne marche pas bien :?
Marco1970
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Marco1970 »

A nice hit with Franzdreamer.
EBT Profile: Marco1970
EBT Check Statistics: Marco1970
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Could some French EBT translator please fix the translation of M_A2E_WORKING_GROUPS in Babel? The English original was updated on 14th August to change the leaders of the Development and Translation working groups. Someone (not naming names here) marked the French translation as updated without actually making the needed updates.

Thank you.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Done, avij.
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Hey! I'm going to visit in France after couple months. I just thought that it would be nice to meet some local users then. I'm going to stay three days in :flag-fr: Colmar and it would be nice to see some of you. Best days for me are Thursday 14th of May and Friday 15th of May. Would somebody be interested? You can sent me PM or write here.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Have a good trip in France, with many notes :)
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Aatos99 wrote:Hey! I'm going to visit in France after couple months. I just thought that it would be nice to meet some local users then. I'm going to stay three days in :flag-fr: Colmar and it would be nice to see some of you. Best days for me are Thursday 14th of May and Friday 15th of May. Would somebody be interested? You can sent me PM or write here.
Hi Aatos99

You might be lucky to meet some very nice people from Alsace that is the region where Colmar is located. Some Alsacians are around on the forum. I guess they will respond to your message.

Enjoy ; it's a very nice region with good food ! :wink:
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Thank you, Kleman and Phaseolus! :) I'm looking forward to it. I'm also trying to get many notes, although I'm not staying so many days in France. By the way, how the banks are working in France? Can I change my own notes in banks without account? Thanks for your answers.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Aatos99 wrote:Thank you, Kleman and Phaseolus! :) I'm looking forward to it. I'm also trying to get many notes, although I'm not staying so many days in France. By the way, how the banks are working in France? Can I change my own notes in banks without account? Thanks for your answers.
well, well,... you will rapidly understand why it's a bit harder to be a eurobilltracker in France compared to Germany or Finland.

First of all, you will be lucky to find someone in a bank who speaks english...

Secondly, the response by default in France being "No", this also and certainly applies in bank. In other words, if you find a bank that would accept to change notes without a bank account, please tell it here, we will be interested ! :mrgreen:
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

Phaseolus wrote:
Aatos99 wrote:Thank you, Kleman and Phaseolus! :) I'm looking forward to it. I'm also trying to get many notes, although I'm not staying so many days in France. By the way, how the banks are working in France? Can I change my own notes in banks without account? Thanks for your answers.
well, well,... you will rapidly understand why it's a bit harder to be a eurobilltracker in France compared to Germany or Finland.

First of all, you will be lucky to find someone in a bank who speaks english...

Secondly, the response by default in France being "No", this also and certainly applies in bank. In other words, if you find a bank that would accept to change notes without a bank account, please tell it here, we will be interested ! :mrgreen:
Okay. It's also hard in Finland to change notes in banks without account, but possible in some places. Maybe I better use ATMs to get more notes, because I'm not able to communicate in French. Thanks anyway.
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

Aatos99 wrote: Okay. It's also hard in Finland to change notes in banks without account, but possible in some places. Maybe I better use ATMs to get more notes, because I'm not able to communicate in French. Thanks anyway.
Although I'm not French and didn't enter many notes in France, I might tell you some more. ATMs are, as it seems, a better way to get notes. Getting hits might be difficult (active at least, as it shouldn't be too difficult to get passive ones in :flag-fi: :mrgreen: ). When I was on holiday in Lorraine last summer (3 days in Metz), it was even difficult to get ATMs with :note-10: inside! :note-5: are hard to get from ATMs. Choosing the notes you get is, if I'm right, not possible (at least not at the "Banque Populair Lorraine et Champagne"). There I withdrew 340€ and got 4x :note-50: , 5x :note-20: and 4x :note-10: , the :note-50: being UNC :? . But I also saw ATMs with a sign probably saying "You can only get :note-50: and :note-20: at this ATM", but I don't know anymore where it was :oops: .
Maybe you should also send a PM to Wechsler (if he doesn't reply here), although he speaks German better than English, I suppose.... . I could translate, if that's needed, so you'd send the message to me in English, I'd send it to him in German, and I'd translate his answer back into English.

Although I haven't been to Colmar yet (so I don't know whether there is a branch or not), it's not possible to change notes at the Central Bank (Banque de France) unlike in Germany or Belgium for example. At least, Wechsler said it. But the Metz branch didn't look as if you were welcome and I didn't try :wink: .
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Almost all banks haven't cash anymore, only in ATM... :(
(You can try in "la Banque Postale", maybe...)
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
LITO
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LITO »

Since most ATM do not carry any :note-5: there is quite often a lack of them , so you should bring lots of fivers from Finland and try to swop them at retail shops or cashiers especially if you visit paying places and if you stay at a hotel or travell by train don't hesitate to ask their staff if they can exchange your :note-5: , most of the time people will be happy to trade.
Colmar and its region has many wine producers and a visit to their cellars could be a possibility .
Lito en dilettante
URL: https://my.flightmemory.com/airlito

Return to “Discussion du site et l'Euro-tracking (Français)”