Comments from/to non-Dutch speaking forumers

Geef ons je mening. Heb je ideeën waarmee we de site kunnen verbeteren? Deel het met ons!

Moderators: Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Comments from/to non-Dutch speaking forumers

Post by eddydevries »

eddydevries wrote:I think that one of the reasons they don't have to change to the Euro, that they are a "Special municipality of the Netherlands" (for example: they don't belong to a "Province" like other municipalities do).
Before the reorganisation the Kingdom of the Netherlands consisted of 3 parts: the Netherlands, Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles.
All three had different money (like you see nowadays in Great-Brittain: there are different kinds of Pounds):
The Netherlands: Dutch Guilder (which exchanged in Euro in 2002)
Aruba: Aruban Florin
Netherlands Antilles: Netherlands Antillean guilder

According to the Central Bank they decided to change to the US-Dollar, because most visitors are from the US or US-Dollar using countries.

But I have sent an e-mail to the National Bank to ask why they could choose, which currency to use.
Today I received the answer:
Anders dan de Europese Unie hebben de Verenigde Staten er geen bezwaar tegen als andere landen de dollar als wettig betaalmiddel gebruiken. Om de genoemde redenen op de website is dan ook gekozen voor de dollar als wettig betaalmiddel op de BES eilanden. Tevens bepaalt de Raad van de EU welke landen of gebieden toetreden tot het eurogebied, hier worden ook weer juridische en economische eisen aan gesteld.

De BES eilanden hebben binnen Nederland de status van openbaar lichaam, binnen de EU hebben zij echter de status van 'Landen en Gebieden Overzee (LGO)': http://www.minbuza.nl/ecer/dossiers/lan ... verzee-lgo
Translated:
Not like the European Union the United States have no objection against using the US dollar as legal currency by other countries. For the reasons given on the website (I mentioned above) the US-Dollar has been chosen as legal currency for the BES islands (Bonaire, Sint-Eustatius and Saba). Also decides the Council of the EU which countries and areas enter the Eurozone, for this there are legal and economical rules set for.

The BES islands have the status of Public Body within the Netherlands, but within the EU they have the status of Overseas countries and territories (OTC).
The last sentence means that the islands are part of the country, but for the EU they can be a seperated member with exceptions. In this case the decision to use the dollar in stead of the Euro.
And for your information Art, Italy also has two "Special Areas": Campione d'Italia and Livigno (see here).
In Campione d'Italia the Euro isn't the legal currency either ;) . Officially there you pay with the Swiss Franc.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

eddydevries wrote: The last sentence means that the islands are part of the country, but for the EU they can be a seperated member with exceptions.
Thanks for definitively clarifying the matter, eddydevries. I actually suspected that this was the reason, but I was not sure.
eddydevries wrote:And for your information Art, Italy also has two "Special Areas": Campione d'Italia and Livigno (see here).
In Campione d'Italia the Euro isn't the legal currency either ;) . Officially there you pay with the Swiss Franc.
It is paradoxical that I already knew these places, and in Campione d'Italia I went years ago (before the creation of €), but I did not think of comparisons with the BES case...
These territories, however, are a lightly different case because they do not have a special status within the Italian Republic: they are municipalities equal to all others but extra-custom areas with unusual provisions in some fields. In particular, although Swiss franc is official currency in Campione d'Italia payments in Euro can not be refused, and cash registers can operate in both currencies.
European soul, European pride.
DBpbzfa766
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by DBpbzfa766 »

Holla 8O '

What a Suprise :D

http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=178917951

Hiting Vermeer in Berlin 8)

Thanks for leave this :note-10: alone :mrgreen:
Manche Männer bemühen sich lebenslang, das Wesen einer Frau zu verstehen. Andere befassen sich mit weniger schwierigen Dingen z.B. der Relativitätstheorie. :D
Meine Scheine die ich auf dem zug bekomme werden immer an dem letzten abgefahrenen Bahnhof eingegeben
dazu schreib ich immer die Zugnummer und den Laufweg damit das besser nach zu voll ziehen ist
es grüßt "der Steuerwagen" ;)
ludofaki
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by ludofaki »

DBpbzfa766 wrote:Holla 8O '

Thanks for leave this :note-10: alone :mrgreen:
You never know, maybe he spent it in Groningen and went back to Berlin ;)
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Bedankt aan Talking Head en Het Krom Ven voor mijn eerste triple hit :D
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

Hartelijk bedankt erasmuston om mijn biljet in Duitsland teruggevonden ! :D

Heb jij gevonden dat in een "gift box" of iets anders ?
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)
packbell
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by packbell »

trezay wrote:Bedankt aan Talking Head en Het Krom Ven voor mijn eerste triple hit :D
Van harte gefeliciteerd hoor
Rideo Ergo Sum <"Ik lach, dus ik besta">
-----> Statistieken <-----
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Dank je wel! :D
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

Hartelijk dank Elmo :D
598 eurobankbiljetten gecodeerd gisteren in Luik :wink:
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

Proficiat Elmo, 7 hits in Luik :D :wink:
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Thank you, Pieter-Cornelis! Your first :flag-pt: , my first :flag-nl: . :D

https://www.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=179394942
Bitcoinbill
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Bitcoinbill »

Montgomery Burns wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm Thank you, Pieter-Cornelis! Your first :flag-pt: , my first :flag-nl: . :D

https://www.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=179394942
Congrats. nice one :D
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

Hi guys, do you know a web site, or a thread, where I can check the zip codes of The Netherlands :?:
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

https://www.postcode.nl/
You can search zipcodes or enter street and city and get the zipcode.

And in general, www.openstreetmap.org also gives zipcodes when you search for a city or street+city
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

MDeen wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:50 am https://www.postcode.nl/
You can search zipcodes or enter street and city and get the zipcode.

And in general, www.openstreetmap.org also gives zipcodes when you search for a city or street+city
thank you MDeen

another question, please. On postcode.nl I asked for Schiphol Airport:

I found the addresses in the attached image. I clicked on the 1st and on the 2nd link (Gemeente Haarlemmermeer)
but I did not found the zip code 1118AX :arrow: https://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=184320384
or :arrow: https://it.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=179085402

If I ask for 1118 AX (in the search field) I get the result you can see in the attached n. 2
it means that the two trackers get banknotes from an ABM/Amro ATM in the subway arrivals

So, If I'll enter banknotes from Schiphol Airport trying to use the best zip code, I need to get a receipt from the shop/ATM where I can read the full address
Attachments
SchipholAirport.JPG
SchipholAirport.JPG (55.29 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
SchipholAirport_2.JPG
SchipholAirport_2.JPG (34.95 KiB) Viewed 4425 times

Return to “Site en Euro-tracking Discussie (Nederlands)”