Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Topic in English

Post by Kleman »

Hello EBTers from Finland !
I'm very happy to come in your country for the first time next week :D

Just few questions:
Can I find some :note-5: in ATM's ?
Is it possible to make change (big notes for small notes for example) in a bank ?
Do you have advices for having notes easily ?

Thank you :D

Kleman (first user in France)
(sorry for my english)
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

Kleman wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:07 pm Hello EBTers from Finland !
I'm very happy to come in your country for the first time next week :D

Just few questions:
Can I find some :note-5: in ATM's ?
Is it possible to make change (big notes for small notes for example) in a bank ?
Do you have advices for having notes easily ?

Thank you :D

Kleman (first user in France)
(sorry for my english)
Hi

Thank you for your message. I'll try to answer to your questions.

There is sadly no ATM's distributing :note-5:'ers here in Finland. Nearest ones to do that are across the Gulf of Finland in Estonia. :roll:

The most widely spread are the Otto -brand's ATM's, which distribute only :note-20: and :note-50:. If you want to have only :note-20:, you need to make not higher than 80 euros withdrawals at a time, since if you do take 100 euros at a time for example, you'll get two :note-50:'s. Only if the choice of 90 euros is not available (grey in color instead of normal white), you'll know that the machine in question hasn't got any :note-50:'s and then you can have the maximum withdrawal of 440 euros in :note-20:'s at once and doing so have the maximum amount of notes you can get at once. There is also newer machines called OttoPlus and TalletusOtto to deposit all note denominations, but the deposit feature is only available for Nordea, OP Group and Danske Bank card holders. You can though withdraw notes from them with a foreign card, too.

There is also one pretty rare ATM-brand Nosto, from which you can withdraw :note-10:'s too, but sadly not :note-5:'s from these either. You'll find a map of ATM's from their website, too.

Changing in the bank offices is a bit trickier than in continental Europe. Some offices are willing to change pretty much any amount of notes (up to worth 2000-3000 euros) with you to smaller or bigger nominations, but some are only willing to change for their bank account owning customers only and some might ask for a hefty commission fee. You might also need to explain about this hobby to a teller, but mainly the service is still good and helpful. One thing that you should know about changing notes in bank offices is that in recent years bank offices have been cutting down their cash service hours, and it's quite common that the cash service is available only during a few hours on both sides of noon, for example from 10 am until 2 pm, even though the bank office could be open until 4 pm. Usually the best places to successfully change money without an bank account are the bigger bank offices of the biggest banks. I'd recommend Osuuspankki or Nordea, though feel free to try other banks too. If one office isn't willing to change with you, maybe you'll have better luck on the next one. There is generally a huge variance in the change policy between different offices. There is no banking business in postal offices in Finland, so don't waste your time going there in any other business than sending postcards. :)

Since I do lack up-to-date information on specific bank offices or brands in Helsinki (I presume that you are visiting Helsinki), I can only help on general level. Hopefully somebody else has more specific info and advice to give about Helsinki. :)

Hopefully you will find these guidelines useful.

Welcome to Finland and I hope you'll enjoy your stay here :)

Greets,
Luumi
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Ho great !
Thank you for your answer :D
I'm a little bit excited now :lol:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Hello to Suomi!
Today I have surpassed inactive user Apila in rankings. I remember her from EBTM 2005 in Helsinki as very friendly and helpful. In her peak times, Apila was on 11th position and the second in Finland, now she is 254th on the international list. Since five years she does not track anymore. Hope she is doing fine?
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

Thanks to avij for enabeling this beautiful hit :D .
When I saw that the note was a hit I did not suspect a hit with Finland in that rather small village (while unsuccesfully trying to get them in Münster :roll: ) 8O 8O

The note was spent this evening in :flag-nl: Nijmegen as part of a dinner at a restaurant (I'm lazy in terms of adding English translations for the comments for my Dutch notes :oops: :roll: ) with fellow students, so hopefully, it will be entered again 8)
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I'm returning home, now, after a few days in Finland. My main interests are trains and beer, that might help in finding some of my notes back ;)
I'm on the train to Turku, now, the ferry leaves tomorrow morning. Any tips?
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Thanks for entering this note first, Peki65! https://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=186954668
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Thank you to leevi60 for finding this note again! :D
leevi60
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by leevi60 »

trezay wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:03 pm Thank you to leevi60 for finding this note again! :D
Pleasure for me! :mrgreen:
Raha on ikuista, vain taskut vaihtuvat.
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

Hallo!

Just stop here to tell you that a Online Shop regarding EruoBillTracker is open! You can find tote bags, mugs, mouse pads, water bottles, T-shirts...
Visit us! https://shop.spreadshirt.net/eurobilltracker
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
leevi60
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by leevi60 »

Order placed!
Raha on ikuista, vain taskut vaihtuvat.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

I just noticed airis found one of my notes :D
Thank you for the hit! I hope you're enjoying your visit to Germany!
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

trezay wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:07 pm I just noticed airis found one of my notes :D
Thank you for the hit! I hope you're enjoying your visit to Germany!
My first hit from the trip. :-) Thank you for this hit. I am already back in Rovaniemi. Still 80 notes to enter.

I really enjoyed my trip to Frankfurt and surrounding area. Very hot day (+35 C) on Saturday when we travelled by train in Upper Middle Rhine Valley to Koblenz and back. Thanks to Asiamaniac and HeartOfGold who made this trip possible. :-)
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

airis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:38 pm we travelled by train in Upper Middle Rhine Valley to Koblenz and back.
I'm glad your trip went well! That whole area along the Rhine is very nice :D
And congratulations on the other two German hits you got :wink:

Return to “Keskustelua tästä sivustosta ja eurojen seuraamisesta (Suomi)”