Topic in English

Kerro mielipiteesi ja ehdotuksesi suomeksi

Moderators: Sleijeri, Luumi

bob9
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Topic in English

Post by bob9 »

Thank you LArdennais, was amazing to get a hit between two rare locations like that.
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
onkelolf
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by onkelolf »

Just found this on FB, maybe someone can have a look if it is already posted in Finnish? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 405&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Normally i'm not posting any weird FB-Stuff in here but i know how sad it is to loose a camera...

So if anyone of you know someone who was at the maldives for honeymoon in March '13 and lost a camera: Best Hit ever!
kirjasalla
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by kirjasalla »

^ Yes, it's posted in finnish, and they found the couple in few days. Happy ending. :D

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/matkat/art-1288571232646.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onkelolf
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by onkelolf »

kirjasalla wrote:^ Yes, it's posted in finnish, and they found the couple in few days. Happy ending. :D

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/matkat/art-1288571232646.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cool :D
foofighta
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by foofighta »

Hi guys!

Today I had a wonderful hit with Finland: http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=129393979

Could someone please help me with the translation of the comment - even with the Google-Tool I can not understand the whole comment... :roll:

Thank you very much! :D
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Petri6 »

foofighta wrote:Hi guys!

Today I had a wonderful hit with Finland: http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=129393979

Could someone please help me with the translation of the comment - even with the Google-Tool I can not understand the whole comment... :roll:

Thank you very much! :D
Congratulations for a very nice hit!

The translation goes roughly:

"From acting as Santa Claus from Huhtiniemi 53810 and Uus-Lavola 53850 [postcode area]. I inserted my bills again after the hijack of the (old) web addres, the new right RIGHT addres is eurobilltracker.eu would you also please use that [the new address]". I added the stuff in[] for clarification.

However I believe this comment also needs further clarification. It is a tradition in Finland that Santa Claus (usually the father or some male relative/friend dressed and disguised as Santa Claus) comes to a family's home to deliver the christmas presents to children on christmas eve. However, for those families that don't have a male person to do this, there is a service that offers "Santa Clauses" to do this in exchange for a fee.

The second part refers to a situation that was taking place in the eurobilltracker website and database, where the original creator of the website (which had stayed more or less inactive for years) hijacked the website and database and wanted to add commercials and/or make the site require a fee from users. Avij and some others who have contributed much time, effort and resources to the site wouldn't go along with this and put up a competing site with the same database. The resolution of this situation led to the creation of the European Associaon of EuroBillTrackers.
foofighta
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by foofighta »

Petri6 wrote: The translation goes roughly:

"From acting as Santa Claus from Huhtiniemi 53810 and Uus-Lavola 53850 [postcode area]. I inserted my bills again after the hijack of the (old) web addres, the new right RIGHT addres is eurobilltracker.eu would you also please use that [the new address]". I added the stuff in[] for clarification.

However I believe this comment also needs further clarification. It is a tradition in Finland that Santa Claus (usually the father or some male relative/friend dressed and disguised as Santa Claus) comes to a family's home to deliver the christmas presents to children on christmas eve. However, for those families that don't have a male person to do this, there is a service that offers "Santa Clauses" to do this in exchange for a fee.

The second part refers to a situation that was taking place in the eurobilltracker website and database, where the original creator of the website (which had stayed more or less inactive for years) hijacked the website and database and wanted to add commercials and/or make the site require a fee from users. Avij and some others who have contributed much time, effort and resources to the site wouldn't go along with this and put up a competing site with the same database. The resolution of this situation led to the creation of the European Associaon of EuroBillTrackers.
Thank you very much for that great translation!

I really like the story behind the hit - makes it still more interesting!
Seb57
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Seb57 »

Thank's Ablaut for my first hit with Finland :D :wink:

https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=91630967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mon nouveau nom:
my new name:
wallenberg

Lothringen : 1
Metz: 1
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Kiitos paljon, eu-asukki, for this hit. I don't speak much Finnish, anymore, unfortunately, I had to abandon that study...
tatra518
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by tatra518 »

Hi :)

I'm a user from Germany. This summer i'm going to visit Helsinki.
Of course I want to change some notes to get some from there.

Can somebody of the Finnish users say where I as foreign person can change notes with the best chance to get circulated and also uncirulated :note-5: from the old series?

Thanks for your answers!
Mein Profil: https://de.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=179062

Was gibts in Erfurt?
Serie 2002: wie überall in Deutschland überwiegend X
:note-5: 2013: am meisten U002 und U004, aber N, S, U, V, Z immer zu finden
:note-10: 2014: am meisten E006 und E007, manchmal auch X
Ossi
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Ossi »

tatra518 wrote:Hi :)

I'm a user from Germany. This summer i'm going to visit Helsinki.
Of course I want to change some notes to get some from there.

Can somebody of the Finnish users say where I as foreign person can change notes with the best chance to get circulated and also uncirulated :note-5: from the old series?

Thanks for your answers!
Hi and welcome to Helsinki.

You are asking where to get old series :note-5: . I guess that we can't say you that because it depends on your luck. Some day you can get only new one and some other old one even you visit same shops. Latest 10 :note-5: what I have got in Helsinki exist 7 old series (4 Duisenberg, 3 Trichet) and 3 new Draghi. So you have good chance to find Duisenberg :note-5: too :D
tatra518
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by tatra518 »

Thanks a lot!
I also want to change some notes at Suomen Pankki in Helsinki. Is this possible for me?
What are the opening hours?

Was gibts in Erfurt?
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

tatra518 wrote:Thanks a lot!
I also want to change some notes at Suomen Pankki in Helsinki. Is this possible for me?
I think that it's not possible to change notes in Suomen Pankki, because Suomen Pankki is really not like a bank where people can deposit their money. If you want to get notes from Suomen Pankki, you can ask in banks if they have bundles of notes to change (note bundles are often from Suomen Pankki.) They can give you bundles from Suomen Pankki in normal banks, like Osuuspankki, if you ask, but I think that they will not change money if you don't have account in their bank. But if you want to get some old notes, you will get them in Finland. About half of fivers are old ones in Helsinki, and you can get old ones espicially from banks (and any kind of shops and super markets).
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

It's still possible to get a "small" exchange to happen (for example 500-1000€) in Osuuspankki or Paikallisosuuspankki (their logo is leaf of birch) without an account of bank branch in question, but it still depends on your luck like Aatos99 mentioned. It's still worth try, because it's more than likely that 2 out of 3 bank offices are willing to change with you, at least if you agree to pay a reasonable change fee (5-10 euros). Some don't even ask about your accounts, but it's again pure luck and charm. Welcome and good luck! :)
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
tatra518
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by tatra518 »

I can see that it is totally different in Germany.
The "Deutsche Bundesbank" changes notes in a value you want. If you want to change several thousands of euros they want to see an ID card.
So thank you that you explained that it is different in Finland.

Of course, I only can communicate on English. They know that I am a foreigner.
Perhaps, can you give me some advice how can I ask? Maybe by arguing with EBT? Have you got any tips for branches?
I only want to get one bundle of :note-5:, so only a small amount.

Was gibts in Erfurt?

Return to “Keskustelua tästä sivustosta ja eurojen seuraamisesta (Suomi)”