EBT Check Statistics: Marco1970
opalon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Comments from/to non-Portuguese users [See First Post]

Post by opalon »

Hello everybody,

I travel to Lisboa in April.

Qui pourrais me donner une map des quartiers de Lisbonne ainsi que les codes postaux y afférant.

Et pour L'aéroport de Lisbonne, il faut encoder sous quel profil :
Lisboa : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=55600

ou

Portela : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=76145

Many Thanks...
CarlosManta
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by CarlosManta »

opalon wrote:Hello everybody,

I travel to Lisboa in April.

Qui pourrais me donner une map des quartiers de Lisbonne ainsi que les codes postaux y afférant.
Vous pourrais trouver la list officielle ici: www.ctt.pt

C'est pas la list officiell, mas c'est un peux plus practique de utilizer: http://codigopostal.ciberforma.pt/munic ... a/concelho
Et pour L'aéroport de Lisbonne, il faut encoder sous quel profil :
Lisboa : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=55600

ou

Portela : http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=76145

Many Thanks...
L'aéroport se trouve en Lisbonne (la premiére possibilité). Portela (Loures) existe aussi, mais sa c'est uns localité independent.
JRR
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by JRR »

Hello Portugese users,

In two weeks I'll be making a mileage run with my preferred airline to Ponta Delgada and stay there for a few days. I'm looking forward to visit The Azores! I'll be doing some whale watching (hopefully when the weather is good) and rent a car to explore the island.

As an EBT'er I would like to know the following. I see there's a local office of the Central Bank of Portugal in Ponta Delgada. Is it easy to change notes over there? Can you just walk in as a foreigner and change some large denomination notes to smaller notes? I hope to obtain a lot of 5 Euro notes. Anyway I will flood the Island with notes I'll bring from The Netherlands.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

JRR wrote:In two weeks I'll be making a mileage run with my preferred airline to Ponta Delgada and stay there for a few days. I'm looking forward to visit The Azores! I'll be doing some whale watching (hopefully when the weather is good) and rent a car to explore the island.
Way to go! Expect nothing less than Paradise.* I used to be a guide in the Azores and couldn't recommend it more. And if you find the time to visit any other island apart from São Miguel, do not hesitate: they're all well worth it.

* On a whale watching tour, do not expect to see blue whales though: they have already crossed the islands during Spring on their migration route. Anyway, you will easily watch several other species of cetaceans, almost certainly including at least one sperm whale.
JRR wrote:As an EBT'er I would like to know the following. I see there's a local office of the Central Bank of Portugal in Ponta Delgada. Is it easy to change notes over there? Can you just walk in as a foreigner and change some large denomination notes to smaller notes? I hope to obtain a lot of 5 Euro notes. Anyway I will flood the Island with notes I'll bring from The Netherlands.
I suppose it won't be difficult for you to change notes there but I haven't tried and am just basing my guess on what happens in Lisbon. If you want to be sure, I can phone them and ask.
CarlosManta
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by CarlosManta »

lmviterbo wrote:* On a whale watching tour, do not expect to see blue whales though: they have already crossed the islands during Spring on their migration route. Anyway, you will easily watch several other species of cetaceans, almost certainly including at least one sperm whale.
No Dots on the ocean, dots are for the islands only. :) And whales do not change notes. :P
In the island you are visiting, I do recommend a visit to "Ilhéu de Vila Franca", if is a volcanic islet just off the coast but you need to book in advance, since there is a maximum number of allowed visitors per day.
JRR wrote:As an EBT'er I would like to know the following. I see there's a local office of the Central Bank of Portugal in Ponta Delgada. Is it easy to change notes over there? Can you just walk in as a foreigner and change some large denomination notes to smaller notes? I hope to obtain a lot of 5 Euro notes. Anyway I will flood the Island with notes I'll bring from The Netherlands.
I suppose it won't be difficult for you to change notes there but I haven't tried and am just basing my guess on what happens in Lisbon. If you want to be sure, I can phone them and ask.
In the Central Bank I never had any issues when changing bills (except for the possible queues).

Açores Regional Delegation – Ponta Delgada
Opening hours: 8.30a.m. to 3p.m. (weekdays)
Address: Pç. do Município, 8 (9500-101 Ponta Delgada)
Telephone: +351 296 202 860
E-mail address: delegacao.ponta.delgada@bportugal.pt
Fax: +351 296 287 526
Services to the public: Cash offices, Central Credit Register, List of Cheque Defaulters and Database of Banking Accounts
https://www.bportugal.pt/en-US/Contacto ... fault.aspx
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

I just phoned Banco de Portugal at Ponta Delgada. You may change whatever you want. If it's more than 10,000 € (or 12,500 €, the clerk wasn't sure or didn't want me to be sure) they must report the transaction to Polícia Judiciária (the Criminal Investigation Department) but they will do the transaction anyway.

They appreciate (in fact they can demand) your notes to be ordered by denomination and you may have to fill a currency requisition form. Check the appliable conditions here.

You may prefer to go to a commercial bank instead. On a commercial bank today, an experienced clerk told me that all the banks will change money too, but they have to take a copy of your ID card.

I have also checked the appropriate legislation. Turns out both Banco de Portugal and commercial banks can change notes up to 15,000 € without asking for an ID card but they may choose to ask it anyway. They also communicate between banks, so this amount starts to be suspicious if it's fractioned between several days and or institutions.

Official diploma regarding money change and other money movements (in Portuguese): Aviso n.º 5/2013, de 19 de dezembro.
JRR
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by JRR »

Thanks for finding out guys!

I'll try my luck at the Bank of Portugal in two weeks. I'm not going to change enormous amounts of money. Just want to change 10 x :note-50: in 100 x :note-5: . Shouldn't be a problem I guess. I will fill out the currency requisition form just to be sure!

I have four full days on Sao Miguel so when time permits I'll try to visit Ilhéu de Vila Franca. It looks great from the photos.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

lmviterbo wrote:You may prefer to go to a commercial bank instead. On a commercial bank today, an experienced clerk told me that all the banks will change money too, but they have to take a copy of your ID card.
An illegal practice, as we've all heard recently - will they still do it? :)
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Montgomery Burns wrote:An illegal practice, as we've all heard recently - will they still do it? :)
Oops, you're right. An elder clerk just did it last week. I didn't complain because I'm also kind of grown up and well, memory has never been my forte, besides I may be kind of used to my ID card being mimeographed too, as this happened a lot when I was young or even in the womb, and probably that was imprinted on me, I mean, the kind of imprint a duckling gets when recognizing Konrad Lorenz as their mother, although Lorenz was clearly not female but you know ducklings, they're not the smartest animals on the planet, certainly not like dolphins or octopuses, so that kind of imprint, not that an ID copy was stamped on me in any way.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

That may just be the most bizarre reply to a post of mine in any forum, ever. :lol:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Montgomery Burns wrote:That may just be the most bizarre reply to a post of mine in any forum, ever. :lol:
Clearly you're not a redditor.
JRR
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by JRR »

Just returned from my trip to Sao Miguel today.

Changing notes at the Central Bank in Ponta Delgada was easy. The lady behind the cash counter gave a look at my passport with one eye and without asking questions or filling out a form I received my requested amount of notes.

Beautiful place the Azores! Did a walk around the caldera Sete Cidades and explored the Island by car including all hot spots. Yesterday I went on a whale watching tour and we saw many dolphins and 3 huge fin whales about 15 kilometers offshore. I'm amazed by the beauty of the island although there were not many tourists and it's not as commercial like places in Greece and Spain. Hope it will stay that way! I'll definitely return to one of the other 8 island in the future.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Hey JRR, glad you liked São Miguel! And thanks for reportig your experience. I'm so so glad you had the chance to witness those fin whales!

I have travelled quite a bit and the Azores still remain among my favorite places on Earth. I have yet one island to visit, Graciosa, which is the last one for most travellers, actually — although it's not an uninteresting island at all.
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

International Mario DRAGHI'S BINGO 319/326 combination found

Post by Jackgaillard »

Hello
Mario DRAGHI Bingo - 2 :note-500: 3 :note-200: 9 :note-100: 64 :note-50: 74 :note-20: 10 :note-10: = 162 classic + 47 :note-5: + 54 :note-10: 63 :note-20: = 164 Europe = 326
Total : 326 dont/within 9 bleu/blue (only one finder) + 7 rouge/red (not yet found)
Missing :
Série Europe/Europa series :
:note-10: V :flag-es: V/V008
:note-10: Y :flag-gr: Y/Y006
:note-20: R :flag-de: R/R004

Série Classique (2002)
:note-20: D :flag-ee: D/R029
:note-20: P :flag-nl: P/R026
:note-50: E :flag-sk: E/R048
:note-50: H :flag-si: H/R047
it's up to you/à vous de jouer
Jack
it's not too late to enter clic here and post your stats

NB: this topic can easily be closed after e few days (thank for not deleting)

Jack
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI

Return to “Discussão do site e de euro-tracking (Português)”