In this topic, you can volunteer to organize Summer EBT Meeting 2020. This topic will be closed on 8th of March 2020 (around 17:00 GMT / 18:00 CET / 19:00 EET), so the BoD can start to discuss about the candidates in March. But advice: don't wait until end of February with discussing and to look for possible volunteers with organizing, you might be ending the only organizer.
To avoid problems with the time for organising the Winter EBT meeting 2021, the BoD wisches the Summer meeting to be organized not too late.
The period suggested would be in the summer (from July to September), with the suggestion of August.
Requirements/conditions/guidelines for organizers:
- Two organizers or more. One will be appointed as the main organizer
- The main organizer is at least 21 years old
- The main organizer should be able to communicate in English
- At least one of the organizers should have participated in an official international Eurobilltracker meeting
- At least one of the organizers should live in or know the city where the event will take place very well
- At least one of the organizers should have organized a national EBT meeting
- The city should have a certain touristic appeal. International EBTM participants will stay for more than one day and they should be able to see more things than they will see on the meeting day.
- The city should be located near an international airport.
- The city should have a railroad station, preferable an international railroad station
- There should be youth hostels nearby where people can stay cheap
- There should be a few restaurants which are able to have a large group of people eating there or two/three restaurants located near each other which can handle some smaller groups.
Still, the more requirements a candidate-organizing team has, the more credibility the candidacy has.
Candidates place your candidacy here in this thread before 8th March.
If you do so, give us:
- The name(s) of the organizing team;
- The city you want to organize Summer EBTM20 in;
- The dates that you can organize it; a detailed schedule of the event is not needed, the big lines are appreciated.