EBTM08 Saturday

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

jenny&me
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

EBTM08 Saturday

Post by jenny&me »

In the morning we are going to meet at the Kongresni trg for a day trip by bus to the Škocjanske jame caves and the coast city Piran.

We will meet at 8,45am and we will departure at 9,00, plz be there on time. If it is too early in the morning you can sleep on the bus :wink: After the guided visit to the Škocjanske jame we will go to Piran where we will have from 2 to 3 houres of free time for lunch, visit the city, the museums or take a bath (don't forget the swimsuits :D ) and of course track some bills. :wink:

We will have time to take some dots on the way back, if we will be punctual. The dot of Škocjanske jame and Piran it is the same, so you don't have to find :wink: a bill in Škocjan.
Really important: in the cave the temperature it is 12 °C, therefore take something to put on and take the walking shoe and not sandal!

In the afternoon we will head back to Ljubljana or more precisely Tacen between 6 and 7 pm where the party will be held. The bus will take us directly there.

Before the party the General Assembly of the European Society of EuroBilltrackers will be held

The bus trip will cost about 9€ and the entrance fee to the caves is 14€

The party will cost about 5€ for the food + drinks (to be defined)

If you have special needs about the food, drinks, etc. plz write me a pm
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Looks like we'll pass through at least 3 dots on Saturday; any chance of stopping the bus in all those dots? 8)
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBTM08 Saturday

Post by aplfi »

I find this program interesting but not suitable for us. We were really looking forward to get some Ljubljana action so we (aplfi, turkoosi and Vaavi Vaavelson) will not join the bus trip. We will spend some time in Ljubljana on our own and hopefully join you others in Tacen. Depending when the party will start. If it is going to be too late we will skip the whole meeting as we are staying in Austria and making only a day trip to Ljubljana.

I find that Sunday would have been more suitable for this kind of bus trip but don't let us spoil the fun.
b100w11
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b100w11 »

I'm sorry to hear that.

As the price of the bus trip depends on the number of participants we will be very glad to hear ASAP if somebody else will not join us on the trip to Skocjan.
We have to pay in advance for the trip tomorrow morning.

So you have only TODAY to tell us if you are not coming.

If there will be too few participants the bus trip will be canceled.

Crazy Bob: The chances are good to get all 3 dots ;-)
magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by magpie »

How long will the bus drive take?
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Honestly, the bus tour could be a good idea, but it comes a bit as a surprise to me. Maybe I haven't been reading enough these posts.

I will be there on Saturday with my wife and you can count on us.

But one advise : if you intend to get an answer by tomorrow of everybody in order to book your bus trip, it won't be possible.

You better book it, otherwise you might still beg for answers on August 22... :roll:
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

I'll join the bus trip.

@Phaesolus: Easy saying that, but one does not feel comfortable with paying so much money up front and out of pocket... :roll:
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

helloggs wrote:I'll join the bus trip.

@Phaesolus: Easy saying that, but one does not feel comfortable with paying so much money up front and out of pocket... :roll:

The Bus trip costs 7€ ! 8O

jee... I can't remember how much did cost my flight, the rental car and the hotel for getting to and staying in Ljubljana ?

:roll:

relativity is a hard science !
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Hihi, you may call me a nagging b*tch, but the bus trip has been on Saturday's program ever since the early days - December 2007 - when Slovenia's candidacy was first announced: :)
http://www.eurobilltrackerforum.com/vie ... 18&t=10369

I'm sure that the organisers have calculated the duration of the day program, but here's what Maporama's routing program says about distances and driving times:
Ljubljana-Piran: 130 km, about 1 h 13 min
Ljubljana-Divača (the cave): 70 km, 36 min
Divača-Piran: 61 km, 37 min
However, these sound quite optimistic to me. 70 kilometres in just a bit more than half an hour? Not going to happen with a bus.

Personally, I'm just a bit worried about dot-hunting in such a large group. You'll have to be really strict with meeting times.

It'll be a long day but sitting on the bus equals plenty of knitting time, so count me in! :wink:
jenny&me
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by jenny&me »

This trip was in plan from the beginning and nobody sad nothing against or the people who said their opinion was happy about the Saturday plan.
Tomorrow I will know exactly how much time it will take this trip with the bus, but with the car you need 40min to the caves and to Piran something like 1hours.
If there will be less participants the cost for the bus can rise from 8 to 10€
http://www.osebna-terapija.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

The life of organisers is full of emotions ! :lol:
jenny&me
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by jenny&me »

Phaseolus wrote:
helloggs wrote:I'll join the bus trip.

The Bus trip costs 7€ ! 8O

jee... I can't remember how much did cost my flight, the rental car and the hotel for getting to and staying in Ljubljana ?

:roll:

relativity is a hard science !
I have to pay the whole bus in advance for all the participants.
http://www.osebna-terapija.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

I'm a bit confused - so there won't be a city tour of Ljubljana during the EBTM but we'll be sitting in a bus all day long touring the country?
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Honey, the city tour is scheduled for Sunday. Again, the organisers have stated that already in December when pronouncing Slovenia's candidacy. (sorry, I'll shut up now.)
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

I'll join the bus trip. I haven't been to that part of the adriatic coast in more than two decades, I won't miss that!

Return to “International EBT-meetings”