When will we start...

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: When will we start...

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Greece, while we still can... :mrgreen:
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

I have often thought of just going to Greece with the group and organizing something there (due to lack of active Greek users). The organisers can go two days early to arrange restaurants.
Last edited by MDeen on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

Yeeeh :wink:
A General Assembly on the beach 8)
With torches :lol:
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
bren_nmgn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by bren_nmgn »

Crazy Bob wrote:Now that the SEBTM13 is over, time to start planning for the WEBTM14!

Somewhere warm, preferably: Cyprus, Greece, Portugal (Madeira / Azores?), Spain (Canary Islands?), France (Réunion, Martinique, Tahiti, etc.?)
Great idea, all for it!
The hotter the better..... 8)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....

Join the EBT team on What Pulse

My stats: https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/bren_nmgn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

feel free to add: facebook

MY PROFILE
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

Crazy Bob wrote:Now that the SEBTM13 is over, time to start planning for the WEBTM14!
I think it's time to start planning SEBTM14....
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pipocadoce
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by pipocadoce »

After christmas...
Smile ;o) always 76 :flag-eu: 62 :flag-pt: ,4 :flag-de: ,3 :flag-nl: ,1 :flag-si: ,2 :flag-es: ; 2 :flag-fr: ; 1 :flag-be: ; 1 http://pt.eurobilltracker.com/img/flags/Thailand.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :flag-th:
my profile
Postcrossing
Postcrossing forum
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Miles66 wrote:
I think it's time to start planning SEBTM14....
Sure... matter will be discussed during next board meeting.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Has some news been spread already about SEBTM in Turku? Schedule or meeting places?
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
tiura
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tiura »

Asiamaniac wrote:Has some news been spread already about SEBTM in Turku? Schedule or meeting places?
Not yet. There have been discussions in the Finnish subforum about some possibilities, for example dot hunting bus tour from Helsinki Airport to Turku at friday and about going back to Helsinki via Åland islands by ferry, but they are at idea stage so far.
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Come on, what's the hurry? Most of us left for Lisbon without knowing what was going to happen there - and on Saturday evening we still didn't know about Sunday's program. :mrgreen:

If we are now in March, the Finnish meeting is still about four months away, and the lack of a program shouldn't be a problem - I think it's more a question of how many details and tours can be added without the total costs spiralling out of control.

(On a more serious note, and talking about the future meetings in general: yes, it would be nice to know the program and especially the map coordinates a bit earlier. Not all of us take a laptop to the meeting, and believe it or not, there are still people without smartphones. Personally at least I'd like to know what's going to happen and where we are supposed to be.)
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Annie_in_exile wrote:If we are now in March, the Finnish meeting is still about four months away, and the lack of a program shouldn't be a problem
the problem lies more with not yet knowing the date - some people (not me) have to coordinate their vacation time with others, and 4 months usually is less than is required for these things :roll:
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

For vacation time planning purposes, I wrote on Feb 16 that the meeting will be held on the first weekend of August, 1.-3.8.. Sorry, it has taken me longer than I expected to go through all the ideas that have been presented in the Finnish subforum.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

My idea was that there might be more people who prefer to find accomodation rather close or within easy reach of the place where we meet to start the day. I do not mean that an elaborate schedule is already prepared, and yes, it is true that the date is already fixed. Personally, I am in no big hurry concerning the day before or after the meeting. My summer vacation is already approved, 28th of July until 08th of August, enough time for the meeting and doing some more travelling in Finland and Sweden.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Disclaimer: I am not an official organiser of the meeting, nor have I ever lived in Turku, just saying this as a casual visitor.

The city center of Turku is really small. Therefore, wherever you book your accomodation, is likely to be either within a convenient walking distance of Kauppatori, or, for instance, if you're using Coachsurfing or other hostility clubs or Airbnb and take a bus from the surrounding areas, they'll probably end up there as well.

In the meantime, local tourist info (although trackers are a smart bunch and have probably found this already. Just to keep you occupied for a while.) http://www.visitturku.fi/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It also contains information about flight connections (although some airlines do not operate during summer holidays, at least not daily.) However, if you have extra time in your hands, an extra flight via the Baltic countries might save you some money.
Last edited by Annie_in_exile on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LonaPo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LonaPo »

avij wrote:For vacation time planning purposes, I wrote on Feb 16 that the meeting will be held on the first weekend of August, 1.-3.8.. Sorry, it has taken me longer than I expected to go through all the ideas that have been presented in the Finnish subforum.
So the date is fixed?
In last month the plane tickets rose for 50% (for my flight) :? so if I wait a little bit longer with the tickets I won't be able to come :cry:
http://b100w11.sli.si/Lonapo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “International EBT-meetings”