Summer-EBTM09: Agenda for 20/08/2009 - THURSDAY ... UPDATE!

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Burky
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: Summer-EBTM09: Agenda for 20/08/2009 - THURSDAY ... UPDATE!

Post by Burky »

gulocka wrote:Great Idea about a plan, that the participiants can print out.
A handout will be available during the registration as well as later on. For any other purposes please use copy and paste of the according posts.

CU in Vienna,
Burky
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I have a question regarding the National Bank.

I have already made my order for used bills to Jack_isidore.

But I have another question : I usually keep all my coins and when I go to Belgium I change these coins in bulk (up to 3 kg per person per day) to the national Bank of Belgium and I can ask bills in return.

As we are going to the National Bank of Austria, i was wondering if this was feasible in Vienna, too ?

I know that the French National Bank is NOT doing it... But, this is no surprise to anyone... Why would they bother ? :roll:
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -STAR- »

Phaseolus wrote:I usually keep all my coins and when I go to Belgium I change these coins in bulk (up to 3 kg per person per day) to the national Bank of Belgium and I can ask bills in return.
As we are going to the National Bank of Austria, i was wondering if this was feasible in Vienna, too ?
They have two coin counting machines there. Not sure if they are able to accomodate 3 kg of coins, however. ;-)
You get a voucher stating the counted sum that you can exchange to bills afterwards. If I remember correctly,
they charge you a fee when you exchange coins worth more than a certain limit. Unfortunately, I can't remember
neither limits nor fees.

Rgds, Franz
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

-STAR- wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:I usually keep all my coins and when I go to Belgium I change these coins in bulk (up to 3 kg per person per day) to the national Bank of Belgium and I can ask bills in return.
They have two coin counting machines there. Not sure if they are able to accomodate 3 kg of coins, however. ;-)
You get a voucher stating the counted sum that you can exchange to bills afterwards. If I remember correctly,
they charge you a fee when you exchange coins worth more than a certain limit. Unfortunately, I can't remember
neither limits nor fees.

Rgds, Franz
According to the website it's free until €15. When it's worth more, the fee is 1%.

So with our amounts of money it's not free (you will get over €15 very quickly :wink: ).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

eddydevries wrote:According to the website it's free until €15. When it's worth more, the fee is 1%.

So with our amounts of money it's not free (you will get over €15 very quickly :wink: ).
Thank you for the information.

I will wait untill I go back to the Belgian National Bank... :roll:

Return to “International EBT-meetings”