W-EBTM10 Malta- Meeting Hits

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM10 - Meeting Hits

Post by presidente »

Mr Euro wrote:
Annie_in_exile wrote:I know this message isn't going to increase my popularity, but I'd just want to remind everybody that during the official meetings, one should only pay with 5-euro notes or coins. For instance in Malta, considering the fact that some of the stops of the sightseeing tour were rather isolated and we only spent a short time there, we couldn't get far from the bus, thus people were bound to visit more or less the same kiosks and souvenir shops. Then, those persons paying a box of matches with 50€ note would get lots of smaller denominations and "friendly" hits.

Not only does it cause extra work to the moderating team, but I wish these users would also consider the situation from another trackers' point of view. For instance, I may have put some notes aside anticipating this trip, and planned to release some fivers into the wild on the island of Gozo. My tracking happens in rather small scale, compared to some other users, and I normally don't visit banks at all, just put the notes into normal circulation, like buying a cup of coffee or some postcards on the island, hoping to leave 5-10 notes in a specific place.

And what happened? People were "trawling" the shops or even the cafeteria on the ferry with larger notes, collecting most of my few fivers as exchange, which may have ended up in the Netherlands or Germany or wherever but not the planned place.

You may call this respecting the rules or respecting the fellow tracker, but I really wish only fivers were used at least during the time of the official meeting (if you want to raid the banks before or after the meeting, that's totally up to you).

Discussion, please. Do you think that's fair? Or anyone who did it, could you please give your reasons so that I might understand them?
I will put it up as an item for the boardmeeting. In my opinion the second user (or third in case of a triple) of a uninteresting meetinghit should be deleted, because the hit can never ever be interesting anymore.
Annie...Mr.Euro...thank you very much!!! I supposed to be alone to think this!!!
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Here comes the first passive meeting hit

http://en.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=77571281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funnily enough my first passive & active weekend hit were both with Elmo.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

Today I found a note, which Math Murder took from the meeting to Vienna:
:flag-mt: :flag-at: Gzira - Wien
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

ErGo wrote:Today I found a note, which Math Murder took from the meeting to Vienna:
And another one:
:flag-mt: :flag-at: Hamrun - Wien
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Thank you ewri for having found this bill! :twisted:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Elmo wrote:Thank you ewri for having found this bill! :twisted:
My pleasure, Elmo.

It's my first triple where 3 countries are involved and also my longest hit to date.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

ErGo wrote:
ErGo wrote:Today I found a note, which Math Murder took from the meeting to Vienna:
And another one:
And a third one: :flag-mt: :flag-at: Hamrun - Wien
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rlaurenssen »

Thank you Ewri for finding this bill http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=76699989

It was one of the bills that I brought to Malta.
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

rlaurenssen wrote:Thank you Ewri for finding this bill http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=76699989

Yeah, I imagined it was one of them. It was in a bundle which my colleague swapped with me.
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rlaurenssen »

Ewri wrote:
rlaurenssen wrote:Thank you Ewri for finding this bill http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=76699989

Yeah, I imagined it was one of them. It was in a bundle which my colleague swapped with me.
okay, you can say thanks you to your colleague from me ;)
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

rlaurenssen wrote:
Ewri wrote:

okay, you can say thanks you to your colleague from me ;)
I already did. I always inform my ''suppliers'' if they have a hit. It gives them some motivation to give me more :D
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Elmo had this note from Bank of Valletta, Bugibba Branch in March 2010. That branch is now closed and there is a new Bugibba Branch from where I got his note in October 2011.

https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=102686574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

ErGo wrote:
ErGo wrote:
And another one:
And a third one: :flag-mt: :flag-at: Hamrun - Wien
And this time :flag-at: Hinti was lucky too find such a note:
:flag-mt: :flag-at: Msida - Heiligenblut
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

I'm quite happy with this hit from Gozo to Belgium: https://eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=109849338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)

Return to “International EBT-meetings”