W-EBTM10 Malta- Meeting Hits

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: W-EBTM10 - Meeting Hits

Post by Phaseolus »

MDeen wrote:HBoZ went to the exchange office at the airport and found 15 :note-5: notes that I left there :)

These two can be moderated too, This one is nice to keep unmoderated as it is a triple.
You guy's know about meeting hits, you have been warned by Mister Euro and should know that this triple is as uninteresting as the two other ones ! :wink:
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

I know this message isn't going to increase my popularity, but I'd just want to remind everybody that during the official meetings, one should only pay with 5-euro notes or coins. For instance in Malta, considering the fact that some of the stops of the sightseeing tour were rather isolated and we only spent a short time there, we couldn't get far from the bus, thus people were bound to visit more or less the same kiosks and souvenir shops. Then, those persons paying a box of matches with 50€ note would get lots of smaller denominations and "friendly" hits.

Not only does it cause extra work to the moderating team, but I wish these users would also consider the situation from another trackers' point of view. For instance, I may have put some notes aside anticipating this trip, and planned to release some fivers into the wild on the island of Gozo. My tracking happens in rather small scale, compared to some other users, and I normally don't visit banks at all, just put the notes into normal circulation, like buying a cup of coffee or some postcards on the island, hoping to leave 5-10 notes in a specific place.

And what happened? People were "trawling" the shops or even the cafeteria on the ferry with larger notes, collecting most of my few fivers as exchange, which may have ended up in the Netherlands or Germany or wherever but not the planned place.

You may call this respecting the rules or respecting the fellow tracker, but I really wish only fivers were used at least during the time of the official meeting (if you want to raid the banks before or after the meeting, that's totally up to you).

Discussion, please. Do you think that's fair? Or anyone who did it, could you please give your reasons so that I might understand them?
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

an-148 wrote:I had mine too, thanks to Elmo :wink:

http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=57341354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was a pleasure to help you! :wink:

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that eddydevries found one of my :note-5: on my traveling day, even before I reached Malta! 8O
http://nl.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=75464116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Besides, Annie has a point here. I hope the people who hit her spent the hit bills at Malta. I found a few of Math Murderer's bundles, but left them all at Malta, because that was what he wanted.

The ones who did bring should swap these bills with Ewri by mail, and should pay both their shipping costs as well as Ewri's! :wink:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Annie_in_exile wrote:I know this message isn't going to increase my popularity, but I'd just want to remind everybody that during the official meetings, one should only pay with 5-euro notes or coins. For instance in Malta, considering the fact that some of the stops of the sightseeing tour were rather isolated and we only spent a short time there, we couldn't get far from the bus, thus people were bound to visit more or less the same kiosks and souvenir shops. Then, those persons paying a box of matches with 50€ note would get lots of smaller denominations and "friendly" hits.

Not only does it cause extra work to the moderating team, but I wish these users would also consider the situation from another trackers' point of view. For instance, I may have put some notes aside anticipating this trip, and planned to release some fivers into the wild on the island of Gozo. My tracking happens in rather small scale, compared to some other users, and I normally don't visit banks at all, just put the notes into normal circulation, like buying a cup of coffee or some postcards on the island, hoping to leave 5-10 notes in a specific place.

And what happened? People were "trawling" the shops or even the cafeteria on the ferry with larger notes, collecting most of my few fivers as exchange, which may have ended up in the Netherlands or Germany or wherever but not the planned place.

You may call this respecting the rules or respecting the fellow tracker, but I really wish only fivers were used at least during the time of the official meeting (if you want to raid the banks before or after the meeting, that's totally up to you).

Discussion, please. Do you think that's fair? Or anyone who did it, could you please give your reasons so that I might understand them?
I will put it up as an item for the boardmeeting. In my opinion the second user (or third in case of a triple) of a uninteresting meetinghit should be deleted, because the hit can never ever be interesting anymore.
Sharatan3
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Sharatan3 »

On hearing these complains...

Could there be a way that the tracker could delete his/her own tracked notes entirely and/or replaces them with a new one him/her-self if he/she wants? And also... perhaps, the hitter (and not the hittee) could modrate his/her own uninteresting hits but still keeping the note tracked? Saying this I didn't mean doing it instead of the moderators as they should still be there to check that things are being done properly and according to the rules.

One more thing... Could the maps be made a bit larger? Not as in terms of showing more countries - although there are some places that need to be shown and others that we can do without - but as in terms of size on the screen.

Sorry :oops: I might be asking too much and too many things. If so just tell me to p*$$ off. :P

Thanks

Mark
Crossmaster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crossmaster »

Maybe it may be a possibility for future meetings to mark the bills spend during the meeting somehow. So everyone can see if his change contains tracked notes or not (and enter only the untracked ones).
Doi merg prin pădure. Unul găseşte 100 de lei altul nu...

Mein Profil, meine NIG-Statistiken.
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

Easier: Why taken bundles from bills to meeting areas? This is not the EBT-way.

I agree 100% with annie-in-exile

On every meeting the same people means to taken their hundred of bills to the city...
This is not even more EBT I like.

I know we do it in Vienna, but this was arranged with the National Bank. Was the same on Malta?
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

I just entered three notes, which belonged to Elmo previously.

At first I thought 'Uninteresting meeting-hits', but than I saw something that changed my mind.
The three notes were the 13th, 18th and 19th note I entered here. That's also the order I found them.

So after Elmo left the notes there, 4 notes were put in between them. Also 16 notes of him disappeared in the mean time.

In this case, there has been some alterations, why it became more coincidence.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

As a matter of fact, I haven't been in Mosta at all. I have left these bills at the HSBC in Qormi, so they went on their own to the Bank of Valletta in Mosta.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

I think I have taken these three notes to Mosta - the lost 16 notes we're mine. I don't know how I got them. We had dinner together on sunday and I might have got some notes that I didn't wrote down.
On Monday I went to Mosta.

Beside these 16 I have no uninteresting meetinghits, only these real hits (all with ewri):

Valletta (thursday - just went to McDonalds in need for a toilet after a long walk)
Rabat (Malta) (friday - 2 hits from bank)
Birżebbuġa (tuesday - changing all non :note-5: notes from a restaurant)
Birkirkara (wednesday - 1 hit from bank)

...and I got one of my own meetingnotes (saturday) back on tuesday at a bank in Fgura
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

During my stay on Malta i was able to get 24 notes. Only 10 of this notes i take home with me and spent here in normal circulation. Honestly i don't expect to see any of this notes again. But just after one week i have the first hit. 8O :D 8)
http://en.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=76935982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great!
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

ErGo wrote:During my stay on Malta i was able to get 24 notes. Only 10 of this notes i take home with me and spent here in normal circulation. Honestly i don't expect to see any of this notes again. But just after one week i have the first hit. 8O :D 8)
http://en.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=76935982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great!
You spent them in Vienna and didn't expect to see them again? I'm astonished it took so long to be found again :P
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

Well with a population of about 1.7 million (source: wikipedia) it's not so easy to find a note spent in normal circulation, imho :wink:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

MDeen wrote:You spent them in Vienna and didn't expect to see them again?
I know the hit ratio in Vienna is very good in relation to other cities, but the coincidence to find 1 of only 10 special notes is slighltly different to this value.
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

ErGo wrote:
MDeen wrote:You spent them in Vienna and didn't expect to see them again?
I know the hit ratio in Vienna is very good in relation to other cities, but the coincidence to find 1 of only 10 special notes is slighltly different to this value.

and it's a :note-20: , not a :note-5: , so it's more special.

Congratulations. You deserve this hit & more.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”