EBT-Meeting 2012 in Frankfurt (Main): Live

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT-Meeting 2012 in Frankfurt (Main): Live

Post by googlejaps »

Firstly a big thanks to Taucher, Asiamaniac, Marcell 747, Marty44 (and maybe some others who have helped) for organizing this very successful meeting. I have had a great time, even considering being searched by German customs (Zoll) and being betrayed by a mad taxi driver ;)! Everything contributed to a very nice weekend I won't forget.

After leaving the group at Fraport we (Fons and me) found a few little shops at the airport to get notes. And then, when we found our car headed for some dot hunting. We ended up in a (cheap) hotel in Saarbrücken. We will probably not arrive home before Tuesday afternoon.

For everyone I've met. I really liked meeting all of you. I got to know a lot more people. I hope to see you again sometime at a next meeting!
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Hi googlejaps, thank you for your nice words and recognition. Organizing and then, carrying out such an event is quite some work and challenging, but altogether these ten months through it was a pleasant "work" and a very welcome and valuable addition to our regular ways of life. As noted previously I would do it again in a good and reliable team like ours.

Indeed it was our intention to provide you a great time you should always remember and we are glad to read that we were obviously successful.

Oh yes, I regret your bad experiences with that taxi driver. You are not the first one to have made them and for a long time not the last one, and we make the same experiences in other countries inside and outside Europe. Taking down his number and seeing to find a telephone number inside the car should help for a complaint in such cases. It is unacceptable!

Hm, and what did our customs have to do with you?

But well, back to nicer things: Our train trip back from FLÖ to FFM with you and Angelina will indeed be one of the moments we will keep on memorizing. That was nice and funny! :D

So we wish you have a nice trip, many new dots and some more hits on your way back home and we look forward to see you again.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

HeartOfGold wrote:Hi Guys.

I am really glad too to meet so many new faces & get to know so many new people.

Wished that work didn't have to take up 3/4 of the time this weekend. I really wish that i have spent more time with you all.

Thank you very much to the organizing team. They have done a very good job... :-)
Thank you, dearest HeartofGold. Yes, true, EBTM12 was very good, but the team was brilliant.... :D

Would have been a pleasure if your job would have permitted you to attend longer. But better shorter than never.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

Asiamaniac wrote: Hm, and what did our customs have to do with you?
This was just a question of German Zoll on the highway who were randomly checking foreign cars for drugs and weapons. We did not have any but, as will be the case with Eurobilltrackers more often, they found some cash money :) It was exiting for a few minutes, because now they really searched our car, but when they didn't find any drugs or weapons, we got our passports back and could continue our drive :)
taucher
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by taucher »

Hi Guys !

Sarah an me would also say: thank you for enjoying the meeting :D

It was a great time to spent 3 wonderful days with all the fellow trackers 8)
infinity is a great place to start

10.08.2010 | 360° Frankfurt

we're one, but we're not the same
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Just a short message saying a big thank you to all the organisers (have to work now and catch up with Friday's backlog).
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tigerpranke »

Finally I'm home now. I have to thank the oranization team, you made a great job :D

It was my 1st international meeting, but surely not the last. It was a great thing to meet the trackers, which I only knew by their nickname so far.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the summer meeting,

Robert
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

tigerpranke wrote:I'm looking forward to meeting you at the summer meeting
I hope "Rippchen mit Kraut" will be there "Rippchen mit Kraut" and not "Kasseler mit Sauerkraut" and the waiter knows more words than "Später" ;-)

I went here at "Niederrhein" never still thirsty from the pub. Strange the "Hessen" :twisted:

And a THANK YOU for the Organizers for the Meeting at least :-)
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victorius
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Victorius »

At Fraport waiting for my flight. Nice to meet you all, and thank you very much to the organizers!

Looking forward to see you soon.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Miles66 wrote:
tigerpranke wrote:I'm looking forward to meeting you at the summer meeting
I hope "Rippchen mit Kraut" will be there "Rippchen mit Kraut" and not "Kasseler mit Sauerkraut" and the waiter knows more words than "Später" ;-)
Can't believe it can be worse than there. Well, at least they serve their beer in Maß in the Hofbräuhaus so you won't need a refill that often.
And yes, I wondered about the Rippchen mit Kraut too. It was on the menu, but apparently nobody ordered it :D But they won't have it I think. Weißwurst maybe. Does Claudio like that kind of wurst too?
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

this meeting has been the most succesfull one so far for me i belive

34 new dots ( 35 when they put the marker for forbach in the rigth dot )
4 hits on 982 notes ( did hope for more )
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

Hello everbody!

Yesterday I got back home. Thank you for all the organizers for their great work. Special thanks to Asiamaniac and HeartOfGold for being such a nice hosts. I really did enjoy my trip and had a great time. :-) It was nice to meet you all who joined the meeting in Frankfurt.

ImageI am glad we had such a nice springtime weather. Back home it was nice to cool off a bit and to think back of the meeting: "Pretty houses, big buildings, busy streets, green landscape, a lot of blooming plants and off course friendly and helpful people." :-)
I am afraid I woke up a hibernating bear after being so exited about my trip.

Image I am also happy getting two great meeting hits. Thank you ravestrom and taucher and sarah. Now I have to decide where to spend the hit note. The bear must be thinking what is so special about those notes.

ImageThank you all for such a great meeting. :-)
Even the bear was happy to hear that the spring is on its way to north too.

(Pictures taken today on 1.5.2012 during a visit to my friends. )
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

Back in a rainy Italy.
The automatic machine didin't give me back the change for the motorway toll, so i have lost 85€ (in fivers) at the moment :cry:
Let's try tomorrow to have back my money. :twisted:

Anyway, thanks for the amazing event.
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Just got back home. Googlejaps just left to go back to Best.

Thank you all for the very pleasant meeting. And of course thumbs up for the organizers of this event. They have done a great job!
Cinnamon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Cinnamon »

TY everyone!

Return to “International EBT-meetings”