Virtual tourist guide for people visiting Finland

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

coastal
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by coastal »

The problem is I would get the official response on how to get a visa which isn't going to help me. I have searched a lot on the net (the Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree forums are always good) and there seem to be agents in ex Soviet cities like Tallinn or Vilnius that can get you a visa in 24 hours (probably because they have contacts with someone who...). Anyway I suppose 'll find out if and when I get there. :)
Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Craft »

I first posted a reply to here, but then I realised that I could use PM instead, and so I deleted my text from here since it contained some links to commercial sites (travel agencies).

:D
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Mr Euro wrote:Hey,

I will be arriving at Helsinki Airport Friday at 13h05. What is the best and cheapest way to get to the city center and my hotel? The hotel is Hotel Anna, Annakatu 1 00120 Helsinki

Thanks for helping me out!!
As for the route, the almighty Travel Planner suggests these buses, ie. 615 or 615T. When you've claimed your baggage and stepped out of the airport building, the bus stops are right in front of you. There are actually several rows of those bus stops, but the 615 stop is the nearest of them. I'd suggest buying a single regional ticket from the bus driver, the cost is 3,40€. If you utter just the word "Helsinki" the bus driver will most probably understand what you mean and sell you the correct ticket.

Once you've spent about half an hour on the bus, you should be at the railway station square. From there you can either walk about 1km to your final destination, or walk a bit to south until you reach Mannerheimintie (main street) and ride the 10 tram for a few moments. You'll need to get off the tram after two stops though, so this won't be that helpful in your case. The single regional ticket you bought from the airport is valid for 80 minutes, so you won't need to buy a ticket for the tram if you choose to use the tram.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”