W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Information, Guide & Help

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM 2014 (March 15+16) Lisbon: Information, Guide & H

Post by Montgomery Burns »

lmviterbo wrote:
brewerhki wrote:In Finland we get only 20 and 50 euro notes (except few ATM's gives 10 euro notes) and only way to choose which ones you want if to decide which amount you get at once (like if you want 200 euro in 20 euro notes, you need to insert your card several times, otherwise you get 4x50 euro). I'd like to get information before testing the ATM as I think there is a cost on each withdrawal (and also less change to leave card inside ATM).
The only way to be sure that you will draw :note-5: banknotes is by asking for odd multiples of 5. On those ATMs carrying fivers, I always withdraw 15 € at a time, so that 3 notes come out each time. Even on those, that is not guaranteed: some deliver one :note-10: and one :note-5: . So, yes, in order to withdraw the :note-5: that will be used on the challenge prizes, it takes a lot of time.
Another tip is, once you've chosen the withdrawal option, choose "other amounts" (key 9). Then enter a number not ending in 0 or 5 (why not hit key 9 again? :) ). You will then get an "error" message telling you which denominations are available at that machine. Then you can enter your amount.

None of this lets you choose what to get, but it's still valuable information. I often do it to make sure an ATM isn't only carrying those pesky tenners, my least favorite lol. If I withdraw 40 or 50 euros, I want to make sure I get at least one :note-20: , not just four or five :note-10: .
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Another change for the better!

Saturday's dinner is now 25 € (instead of 26,5). I asked the manager to replace the desserts, because they were not very typical. We've got now Crème Caramel ("Flan" in French and other European languages; in Italy it's called "latte alla portoghese"), which you may remind of when you were young. :)

And mind you: at Cervejaria Trindade, for this menu, you may drink as much beer or wine (or water or soft drinks) as you want!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

We have uploaded maps with the complete Walking minitours (Alfama and Bairro Alto), so that you can do them on your own if you don't fancy us. :P

12:00 Alfama Walking minitour (1,600 m) — downloadable map here: http://goo.gl/t9F3yA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
22:00 Bairro Alto Walking minitour (1,500 m) — downloadable map here: http://goo.gl/2I1oTs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This information is also on the Saturday itinerary post.

Please check if the links work properly and if there's no restriction to download the maps.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Two important things:

Check here (and download, if you want), the first page of the paper itinerary that you will be given when we meet you. There's all sorts of important information to read beforehand.
ITIN_EN-w-ebtm_2014-page1_generic.pdf
(340.9 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Also, we hadn't mention it yet, but there's a 9 € fee (per participant) to pay for the organization expenses. We decided not to capitalize on restaurant payments and such, so the prices we're asking you to pay us are pretty much what we will have to pay, 0,50 € extra in some cases (and 1€ in one instance, by a fortunate mistake). Together with the 9 € fee, the amount we are going to receive does not cover our entire costs.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

lmviterbo wrote: And mind you: at Cervejaria Trindade, for this menu, you may drink as much beer or wine (or water or soft drinks) as you want!
I don't know, if you should say that to Finnish people :D Anyway, price doesn't sound bad at all and we're waiting for that "dinner"
Edit: ps. that was a semi joke
Last edited by brewerhki on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Montgomery Burns wrote:
lmviterbo wrote:
brewerhki wrote:In Finland we get only 20 and 50 euro notes (except few ATM's gives 10 euro notes) and only way to choose which ones you want if to decide which amount you get at once (like if you want 200 euro in 20 euro notes, you need to insert your card several times, otherwise you get 4x50 euro). I'd like to get information before testing the ATM as I think there is a cost on each withdrawal (and also less change to leave card inside ATM).
The only way to be sure that you will draw :note-5: banknotes is by asking for odd multiples of 5. On those ATMs carrying fivers, I always withdraw 15 € at a time, so that 3 notes come out each time. Even on those, that is not guaranteed: some deliver one :note-10: and one :note-5: . So, yes, in order to withdraw the :note-5: that will be used on the challenge prizes, it takes a lot of time.
Another tip is, once you've chosen the withdrawal option, choose "other amounts" (key 9). Then enter a number not ending in 0 or 5 (why not hit key 9 again? :) ). You will then get an "error" message telling you which denominations are available at that machine. Then you can enter your amount.

None of this lets you choose what to get, but it's still valuable information. I often do it to make sure an ATM isn't only carrying those pesky tenners, my least favorite lol. If I withdraw 40 or 50 euros, I want to make sure I get at least one :note-20: , not just four or five :note-10: .
Thanks for information and tip.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

brewerhki wrote:
lmviterbo wrote:And mind you: at Cervejaria Trindade, for this menu, you may drink as much beer or wine (or water or soft drinks) as you want!
I don't know, if you should say that to Finnish people :D Anyway, price doesn't sound bad at all and we're waiting for that "dinner"
Edit: ps. that was a semi joke
I read "that was a Sami joke". No idea if it applies. :)
philgelico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Arras, France - Voiron, France - Lido di Dante, Italy

Post by philgelico »

There is something interesting for people who spend the entire week in and around Lisboa...
Feira Internacional de Turismo (International Tourism Exhibition)
12 a 16 de Março (from 12 to 16 March)
na FIL (Parque das Nações) in Lisboa.
web site : http://www.btl.fil.pt/?lang=en&page=inf ... _geral.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FB page : https://www.facebook.com/BTL.FIL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:D
Si tu veux voler avec les aigles, éloigne-toi des paons. (proverbe d'origine inconnue)
千里之行 始于足下, proverbe chinois
اتَّكَلْنا منه على خُصٍّ الاتحاد قوة, proverbe arabe
ספר המעשיות: כולל אגדות וסיפורים מתוך קובץ כ"י ישן, proverbe sanskrit
valimai
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by valimai »

It will definitely going to be fun after reading all information.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Only one person answered so far and he's an organizer…

We need urgent answers to the questions of "who's going?" / "what are you eating?"

Here's a very easy to fill out form: http://goo.gl/ewMWg9. Please please please answer asap. We need to preset visits and meals. :D
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

Sorry, but the link does not work, or to be more precise: I'm at work, and its use has been denied for security reasons. Anyway,just wanted to tell you this:
Friday lunch: unfortunately too early, can't make it
Friday dinner: yes, please. Roasted duck thigh as a main course, and I suppose I can decide about the appetiser later, when I see if I'm that hungry or not.
Saturday lunch: yes, please. This is fixed, isn't it, so there's no need to choose now?
Saturday dinner: yes, in principe... but if the lunch thingy was the main meeting meal, is it possible that we're not going to have this dinner at all then? Anyway, it's a fixed menu again, so do you really need to hear everybody's choices at this point?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Annie_in_exile wrote:Sorry, but the link does not work, or to be more precise: I'm at work, and its use has been denied for security reasons.
Oh, thanks for the feedback. If someone encounters the same problem, please answer here just like Annie did.
Annie_in_exile wrote:Friday dinner: yes, please. Roasted duck thigh as a main course, and I suppose I can decide about the appetiser later, when I see if I'm that hungry or not.
Yes, thank you, We just need an answer to the main course (just like you did).
Annie_in_exile wrote:Saturday lunch: yes, please. This is fixed, isn't it, so there's no need to choose now?
Nothing to choose. Everything is included. I just need a Yes/No answer like you did.
Annie_in_exile wrote:Saturday dinner: yes, in principe... but if the lunch thingy was the main meeting meal, is it possible that we're not going to have this dinner at all then? Anyway, it's a fixed menu again, so do you really need to hear everybody's choices at this point?
We need a Yes/No answer but it will expedite things if yessers decide beforehand the main course (Bife de Alcatra = Rump Steak or Bacalhau à Brás).

We also need to know if you're going to São Jorge Castle and Fado in Chiado.

Here's for anyone who can't see the form (it's just an image, so that you can see it). If you can't fill it out for some reason, answer here or in pm, please.
Enrollment_form_snap.PNG
Enrollment_form_snap.PNG (23.89 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Hey, I've just received an email from Fado in Chiado! They're offering a special group price of 14 € / person!

If price was a problem for any of you (it might be at least for Portuguese folks), you may answer the enrollment form again. We will delete the first answer.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

Ok, answered for me and Lizbeth. Bit explanations might be needed as there were not options like "maybe" and "coming, but not eating". Friday Cantina Lx. Mostly likely we don't eat there as we probably have been eaten earlier that day (we visit Cabo da Roca as we can't stay until sunday). We will come to Sao Jorge Castle and to Adega Victor Horta, but there we probably don't eat as it might be too early for us. Few beers and that's it. Hopefully we get special price for that instead of 25e :) National Coach Museum sounds interesting, but we may go southside of the river, so I don't know if that is possible to go same time with others. If not, how is it open generally, if we go there on our own time? Anyway, at least we come back for Cervejaria Trindade and stay with group rest of the evening. For sunday, we must leave to home and not participate anywhere :(

Of course it is still possible that some plans will change, but at least there is now some plan.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

ps. got five euro notes enough to pay at least friday, when it will be time for ATM to get more notes to break into smaller ones, 15 hours and then it is time to leave home and get to airport :)

Return to “International EBT-meetings”