S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : General information

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: S-EBTM 2015 Belgium 28/08 - 30/08/2015 : General informa

Post by brewerhki »

is there something like 3-day tickets? and for what price?
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

brewerhki wrote:is there something like 3-day tickets? and for what price?
I think there are such tickets (at least, if I remember it correctly from my 2012 trip to Brussels).
BUT, wouldn't it be better to buy group tickets for the public transport because it might be cheaper?
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

GWR7007 wrote:
brewerhki wrote:is there something like 3-day tickets? and for what price?
I think there are such tickets (at least, if I remember it correctly from my 2012 trip to Brussels).
BUT, wouldn't it be better to buy group tickets for the public transport because it might be cheaper?
look at this web site :arrow: http://www.stib-mivb.be/abon_tickets.html?l=en#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

mico wrote:look at this web site :arrow: http://www.stib-mivb.be/abon_tickets.html?l=en#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just thought, that one of the organizers would also comment on that issue. Normally, group tickets are cheaper, so in my opinion it wouldn't make sense, if everyone buys a ticket on his/ her own before there isn't any decision by the organizers how the tickets should be bought. I can live with both possibilities i.e. buying just the suiting ticket for me, or paying my share for a group ticket. I would just like to know it in advance :wink: .
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

i have been looking at it but im not someone who makes use of public transport in brussel so i had not commented on it ( happy i have a car )

i will try to get a complete list of the transport prices by tomorow ( and as some ppl stay longer as others for them it might be more interesting to have a ticket thats valid for a longer period than the actual event dates )

as for the restaurants im waiting for lardennaise to confirm to me that the reservations have been made
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

price for atomium on saterday , i think we will just be 1 or 2 ppl short for a group ticket

Atomium: individual tickets
• Children under 6, coach drivers, people with disabilities: free
• Children (6 - 11 yo): €6
• Teens (12 - 18 yo): €8
• Adults (19 - 59 yo): €11
• Senior citizens (aged 60 yo and above): €8

Atomium: groups (20 people or more)
• Children under 6, coach drivers, people with disabilities: free
• Children (6 - 11 yo): €4
• Teens (12 - 18 yo): €6
• Adults (19 - 59 yo): €9
• Senior citizens (aged 60 yo and above): €6

transport on saterday , i would sugest a MOBIb 24 hour ticket would be easy to work with

depending on how long u stay u can always get a longer ticket tho i think for friday we will be walking most of the time

24 h: 7,50 €
48 h: 14,00 €
72 hr: 18,00 €

http://www.stib-mivb.be/simple-multiple.html?l=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

transport on sunday , as i know often ppl need to travle home and wont be able to stay a full day

from brussels to antwerp by train

return ticket for adult 14,60

for those that want to go to the netherlands in the afternoon

return ticket from brussel to roosendaal for adult 26,00 ( u can stop at antwerp and continiu later )

i sugest that our visit to antwerp includes a visit to " linkeroever " the other side of the river and another dot as well a day pass for public transport in pre sale will cost 5 euro but im sure we will be with more than 5 a group ticket will be 1,20 for a singel trip so 2,40 for a return ticket
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

this is a test for the badge , i will leave space for the name
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Won't you get into trouble for having an image of the atomium?

Does the NBB have other rules exept for the € 3.000 limit? Is it no problem to change from any denomination to any other? Do they always hand out UNC notes, in all denominations?
slabate
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by slabate »

Everyone can change up to 3,000€ a month, including exchanges of both coins and bills. I haven't checked but I think that if you have someone else's ID card and some kind of mandate, you can exchange another 3,000€ on behalf of that person. I think I understood someone was doing that for coins at BNB Liège… However, I would like to remind everyone that borrowing someone else's ID card is not advised because that person could need their card in other circumstances (e.g. police check).

There are two types of counters that interests us (EBTers):
– counters where you can exchange coins for coins and/or bills (they have a special machine for counting coins): you can get UNC or circulated notes, while UNC notes are more likely to be given out, but I can tell you I've already got a used :note-200: there, all that because this kind of counter has a smaller amount of bills at its disposal, and they are inside some kind of box which can hold a limited number of bills
– counters where you can exchange bills for bills and/or coins, or where you can use your debit/credit card to withdraw coins or bills (no limit if I'm not mistaken): you can choose any denomination you like and you would always get UNC bills, unless they happen to have run out of a particular denomination and then you'd get circulated notes, but it's very unlikely given the stock that they have. As to coins, I've never tried by I think most would be UNC; you can't ask for a particular year, though: you are getting what is on top of the stock.

The denominations that are very likely to be available this month are:
:note-5: Z/Z
:note-10: E003/E, U001/U or U002/U
:note-20: R/P or R/E?
:note-50: T/Z
:note-100: R/X
:note-200: E001/X
:note-500: R/X
http://belgianlicenceplates.blogspot.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

slabate wrote: :note-5: Z/Z
Do you know whether they will be Z006 or Z009 ones? I'm asking since I'm missing the Z009 for the Draghi bingo :mrgreen: ......

Do you think, I'd get used notes if I ask for them? It worked at the German Federal Bank (not their main branch), so it would be kind, if there's anyone who could tell if the NBB does that, too.
my EBT profile

maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

MDeen wrote:Won't you get into trouble for having an image of the atomium?
as far as im aware this nonsens only counts when its used for commercial activities ... im not charging for the badge so ...
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

GWR7007 wrote:
Do you know whether they will be Z006 or Z009 ones? I'm asking since I'm missing the Z009 for the Draghi bingo :mrgreen: ......

Do you think, I'd get used notes if I ask for them? It worked at the German Federal Bank (not their main branch), so it would be kind, if there's anyone who could tell if the NBB does that, too.

u wont get used ones , whatever they get in goes away to get checked first
slabate
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by slabate »

GWR7007 wrote:

Could be Z003s, Z004s, Z005s, Z006s or Z009s. I really don't know because I haven't been to the BNB/NBB recently.

These days, fivers you get at ATMs would be either circulated, or UNC Z003s (ZB**20, 26 and 28 mainly, but other charges are possible), Z005s (ZB**62), Z006s (ZB**67) and, less frequently, Z009s (ZB**80). But of course I can keep a Z009 for you if I do find one before the meeting.

Getting used notes at NBB/BNB is indeed pretty impossible, as maarsy wrote.
http://belgianlicenceplates.blogspot.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mico
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mico »

maarsy wrote:as for the restaurants im waiting for lardennaise to confirm to me that the reservations have been made
I will arrive in Brussels in the afternoon of friday 28th, so I will not take part to the afternoon SEBTM program
I'm interesting to partecipate to the friday dinner... but is there a dinner reservation in the SEBTM program or not :?:
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

slabate wrote:But of course I can keep a Z009 for you if I do find one before the meeting.
If you do find one, please keep it. Although it shouldn't be entered, otherwise, I couldn't use for the Draghi bingo.

Thanks for the information about the NBB. I think, I'll ask for used notes, just to annoy them :mrgreen: . I'd take new ones then, if they only have them. Probably, they'll get them back on Monday, as I plan to leave as many meeting- :note-5: in Belgium as possible :P .
my EBT profile

Return to “International EBT-meetings”