The first message of this thread will be updated when there is new information so you can always refer to this for the latest and complete information.
Feel free to ask questions.
You can let us know if you are coming or not in this topic, and tell which hotel you are staying in here.
The W-EBTM 2015 will be held from Friday, 28th August to Sunday, 30th August 2015.
Belgium has several international and/or regional airports : Brussels National Airport (BRU), located in Zaventem, closest to the meeting and also the largest airport in terms of airlines served. BRU is served by major flights companies.
Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL), located in Gosselies, is one of the main airports of Ryanair company.
Other regional airports : Ostend-Bruges, located in Oostende-Raversijde (OST) & Liège, located in Bierset. (LGG).
You can also reach Brussels by train (Thalys, Eurostar, EuroCity international connections, IC-IR national links...) and by car (motorways E40, E411, E19, E403...)
1) From Brussels National Airport, you can easily take the train to Brussels city BUT you must take a special ticket - called "Diabolo fee" - with your normal train ticket : don't forget about it !
2) From all airports mentionned above, there are regional busses which go to the nearest train station (or directly to the main destination of this meeting ) : STIB : bus 12 (or 21 in the evenings) to Brussels city - De Lijn : bus 6 to Oostende train station - TEC : bus A to Charleroi-Sud train station - TEC : bus 57 to Liège-Guillemins train station.
- 13.00 : gather at the main entrance of the Central railway Station (called "Bruxelles-Central / Brussel-Centraal")
- 13.30 : visit to the National Bank of Belgium make sure to bring ID-card or passport if you want to change money : you can change up to 3000 EUR at the counters (for those staying longer this is a monthly limit)
- after this (round 15:00), we can visit the National Bank of Belgium's museum there
- after : certainly a "free time period" before the dinner (address of the restaurant to be confirmed later, but we hope to eat in the EC-quarter, not far from Berlaymont building & Schuman roundabout)
- 9.30 : gather at the main entrance of the Central railway Station
- 10.00 Slabate and/or LArdennais will give us a tour of the center of Brussels (we hope to do that according to specific themes : history, comic strips, special pubs... to be confirmed later)
- 13.00 : lunch (address of the restaurant to be confirmed later), probably in the historical district called "Marolles")
- after the lunch : visit to "the big balls" of the Atomium
- "go back to Brussels" : certainly a "free time period" before a short drink in a typical "estaminet" and the the dinner (address of the restaurant to be confirmed later, probably not far from the "Grand-Place / Grote Markt").
- 9u30 : gather at the main entrance of the Central railway Station
- go to Antwerp by train : free city tour
- for those wo have time : possibility to go by train to the Netherlands (especially in Roosendaal)
- then, "go back to Antwerp and/or Brussels
Info about dothunting
There are 52 Dots in whole (it's not possible to do that in 3 days !). This is just information about the dots that we will visit or are near the places that we visit.
- Brussels region is composed by 19 Municipalities which are situated in four different Dots : Jette - Koekelberg - Ganshoren... (N-O) // Haren - Evere - Woluwé-St-Lambert... (N-E) // Sint-Pieters Woluwe - Ouderghem - Watermaal-Bosvoorde... (S-E) // Uccle - Forest - Saint-Gilles... (S-O).
- Antwerp municipality is situated in two different Dots : Escaut river and neighbourhood in western Dot - Antwerp centre in eastern Dot.
More information will be published here later.