W-EBTM 2019 Munich (22nd to 24th of March) - Tips & Tricks

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Ludwigsfeld
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

W-EBTM 2019 Munich (22nd to 24th of March) - Tips & Tricks

Post by Ludwigsfeld »

Transport

Our official program will be completely walkable, we will not have to take a transportation aid during the program. But if you want to explore Munich between the program, i have some information for you:

Munich has an advanced public transportation system, in my opinion. I would highly suggest every visitor to get a ticket for the duration of their stay.

You can print it directly at home, or at any station.
Except for the times on monday to friday at around 7 to 8 a.m. , and on home games of the FC Bayern, the public transport system is quite reliable and fast too.

If you are travelling by car however, you will also get to your destination fast. Except for the old town maybe. Parking is possible, there are a lot of parking buildings, but they are quite expensive in comparison to other cities.

On sunday the 24.03.19 we will meet up at the subway station "Olympiazentrum" part of the line U3, you can park for free at the "Preußenstraße", its only a 5-10 minute walk from there to the olympic park; just a tip from my side if you are going by car!

ATMs

Munich has a LOT of ATMs around the town. You dont even have to search for one, especially in the inner city. You will DEFINETLY find masses of ATMs.
I can guarantee you that. Every major bank is located somewhere in Munich.

Munich has 2 dots on the EBT-Map.

Spending Money

Cash is King in Germany, you will not get into any problems in spending cash money here. If you try to buy things with a credit card however, you can get into the situation that not every store will accept credit cards, so be sure to ask before you buy if you dont see any sign of VISA/Mastercard at the store etc...!

If you have any questions, just ask them here!
Last edited by eddydevries on Fri May 31, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Meeting is over for 2 months now.
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: W-EBTM 2019 Munich (22nd to 24th of March) - Tips & Tricks

Post by wisi »

One experience I remember from last time in Munich I remember- the vending in the Trans only accepted coins, no bills. At trams stations you won't find a vending machine. I think the situation on subway/S-Bahn stations is different.
Ludwigsfeld
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: W-EBTM 2019 Munich (22nd to 24th of March) - Tips & Tricks

Post by Ludwigsfeld »

wisi wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:09 pm One experience I remember from last time in Munich I remember- the vending in the Trans only accepted coins, no bills. At trams stations you won't find a vending machine. I think the situation on subway/S-Bahn stations is different.
The machines on the subway and S-Bahn stations do accept bills everywhere! In Busses and on the street trains its different and not standardized. Sometimes they only accept cards or coins.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”