W-EBTM 2020 Luxembourg - Postponed

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM 2020 Luxembourg (28+29 March) - General Information

Post by lmviterbo »

Sorry, but I hope that officials close the borders and cancel trains. I also hope that banks close.

North Rhine-Westphalia is the most affected region in Germany, and it will go worse before it finally stabilizes.

I am fed up with panic news too, and disinformation of all kinds. Unfortunately, this is in fact a pandemia and a very difficult one to contain. The paragraph above is not meant to induce panic, just precaution.

A note to the organizers: please be proactive and cancel the meeting. (I'm almost sure that Luxembourg officials will block the event anyway; that is how all others have been doing all over.)
Last edited by lmviterbo on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

For now, only events of 100 people and more are forbidden in Luxembourg since Thursday. If they have a health system that can handle an (very) big increase of hospitalisations that may be enough but I doubt it. Especially when you know that many workers there come from Lorraine. I Expect stronger measures next week.
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Looks like the meeting will have to be postponed. Many countries are going in lockdown, and even if Luxembourg is not among those, not everybody is able to attend. Hopefully the corona crisis will be over soon!
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

philgelico wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:33 pm "Status 3" is beginning in France at midnight. No shop will be open except foodshops, pharmacies, gas stations, tobaco shops and Banks. All people over 70 will bé obliged to stay at home, it's strongly advised not to make unnecessary travels.
Like in Italy, but from 10 March travel outside of every municipality is prohibited except self-certification of real necessity (job, healt, indispensable supplies).

tralla wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:58 pm I will definitely come to Luxembourg unless they cancel all trains and close the borders.
I am fed up with all the panic news and expert statistics.
You are underestimating the situation. It is not an apocalyptic catastrophe but neither can it be overlooked as if nothing had happened.

lmviterbo wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 pm Sorry, but I hope that officials close the borders and cancel trains.
Now it is no longer a question of borders or trains: sooner or later we must all stay out of the homes as little as possible. Instead it would be better not to close the domestic EU borders, because if we hinder the movement of merchandise it will be a very heavy economic blow that will add to the blockade of normal commercial activities.
Last edited by ART on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European soul, European pride.
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

W-EBTM 2020 Luxembourg - Postponed

Post by Miles66 »

ART wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:40 pm You are underestimating the situation. It is not an apocalyptic catastrophe but neither can it be overlooked as if nothing had happened.
Best comment on Corona!

Hope to see you all another time - healthy
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: W-EBTM 2020 Luxembourg - Postponed

Post by ART »

Miles66 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:28 pmHope to see you all another time - healthy
No problem. I was antisocial even before, so for me it changes little as regards danger :mrgreen:
tralla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by tralla »

If any of you consider taking the trip in spite of Corona, drop me a PM. I still want to go. Maybe one could have a beer.
Cheers, tralla

EDIT: Schengen is dead, the borders are closed - I was obviously naive to believe in basic rights like travelling. So I have also cancelled my trip with a heavy heart.
A big thanks to Crazy Bob and MDeen for the planning!! I do hope to be there when the meeting takes place at last (and - thinking positively - may be able to climb to Vianden castle).
Last edited by tralla on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meine EBTCheck-Statistik (danke, marty44)
Meine nigmm-Statistik (danke, tt.01)
My little gallery of stamps and scribbles on Euro notes.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

It's still 2 weeks, but you might not even get there. Germany is also closing a lot of borders:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51897069
Ludwigsfeld
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Ludwigsfeld »

The Saarland state just closed down the german border to :flag-fr: France and :flag-lu: Luxemburg, and it is highly likely that the state of Rheinland-Pfalz will soon follow. So there will be no chance to get to Luxemburg from Germany. (except you work or live there)

Lets be realistic here, as sad as it is, but the W-EBTM 2020 meeting will not happen at all in March. We have to change our plans here. There will be no chance that there will be any form of tourism allowed in Luxemburg at that time, the situation is just not going down well right now! 8O

I wish you all the best.
Nomen Nescio
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Nomen Nescio »

Yeah, the government of Luxembourg did today close down the country, only markets ( food ) and pharmacies are allowed to remain open. Bars, restaurants, museums, you name it, are to remain closed.

Interesting times, indeed ...
Last edited by Nomen Nescio on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

You took the right decision to postpone the meeting. Xavier Bettel just announced the closure of all cafés, restaurants and museums of the Grand Duchy.It's likely to escalate for more closures.

It is hard to take the decision to cancel what has been prepared with time and patience so I'd like to thank MDeen and Crazy Bob for this choice and for the work so far. I really hope we can count on you for the revival of this :flag-lu: meeting.
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
efeesse
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by efeesse »

aloxe wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:00 pm ... I'd like to thank MDeen and Crazy Bob for this choice and for the work so far.
Same words as aloxe. Maybe this meeting can be considered for the S-EBTM2020, when the situation will be "normalized" in :flag-eu:
Lasterpaule
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Lasterpaule »

The vacation planning for 2020 is complete (even under these circumstances). If we're planning a new meeting in Luxembourg, we should do it in 2021.

So a sign to Eddiedefries: the tender for the S-EBTM should be made together with the W-EBTM, then you can plan your vacation accordingly.
Otherwise I can only take part in a W-EBTM.
Gruß Paul (Lasterpaule)
:note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: :note-200: :note-500: <--- klick

Statistiken

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
Benjamin Franklin
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

tralla wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:39 pm If any of you consider taking the trip in spite of Corona, drop me a PM. I still want to go. Maybe one could have a beer.
Cheers, tralla
Perhaps you have not yet understood that leaving home will also be limited soon.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”