EBTM06: All sorts of information

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

EBTM06: All sorts of information

Post by Mr Euro »

Hey,

Since there are a lot of pratical questions, I opened up a new thread where you can ask those kind of things. The organisers or other people will answer those questions as good as they can.

So shoot your questions here :wink:
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

If questions are really important, and that everyone should know the answer the update can also be found in the program topic.
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo
haemoglobin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by haemoglobin »

i`d like to know if someone knows a (free) place to stay safely with a motorhome in amsterdam.
as i don`t know amsterdam, i don`t like to end up parking in the worst areas ;)
i`ve experienced the problem of forbidden overnight-camping in dutch cities. how is it in amsterdam?
(i really don`t like to waste my money for expensive campingsites)
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

Last time I parked my car in a huge garage near the Olympiastadion. It was only 5,50 a day, in reasonable distance to the red light district (aka city centre :wink:) and you could get from and to there with a lot of tram lines, which were operated till late night if I recall correctly. Here I found a .pdf with some info (only in German)

Now I would like to know (for my own purpose, if I should attend, which is quiete likely - and of course for others...)

-Is that ticket you get really valid for 96 hrs? Pdf says so, but last time I was unsure and bought an additional 24hr-ticket... (Though I am now thinking about renting the bike instead anyway)

-Are there any events in the arena or Olympiastadion during EBTM that would impede parking there?

(And no, I don't think it is a nice place to camp in your mobile home :wink: )
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

helloggs wrote:Is that ticket you get really valid for 96 hrs? Pdf says so, but last time I was unsure and bought an additional 24hr-ticket... (Though I am now thinking about renting the bike instead anyway)
Yes, the 24h ticket is useble for exact 24 hours, so it's the same with 96h ticket, which in my opinion is not necessaire because we won't be so long in Amsterdam, but you could.
helloggs wrote:-Are there any events in the arena or Olympiastadion during EBTM that would impede parking there?
*The Olympic stadion won't have any events during that time, so it's possible to park your car here. (I don't know the costs for parking so I sended them a email, I'll let you know when I know.)
*The Amsterdam Arena won't have any events either that weekend, so it should be more quiet, but remember, there is a shoppinghall in the very close area so it can be 'average saturday crowded', price €8,- for a day (sorry!) You can also follow the 'shoppers' to the Villa Arena parkingplace (which is nearby), the costs are:
0,50 - 01 t/m 30 minutes
1,00 - 31 t/m 40 minutes
1,50 - 41 t/m 60 minutes
1,90 - added per hour
19,00 - maximum per day (sorry again)
We will go to Amsterdam today and make a search for cheap parkingplaces, but you can find more good information here.
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by HNL »

Another option -for cars- would be to park your car in a place near to Amsterdam, for example in Amstelveen. You can park you car for free and travel in about 20 minutes to the center of Amsterdam by tram or metro every 5 minutes (costs about € 1,50).
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Yeah, if you're coming from the south (A2) you can park at the railway station in Abcoude, if you're coming from the west (A1) you may park at Weesp railway station. Both parkings are free of charge.
computerfreak
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by computerfreak »

haemoglobin wrote:i`d like to know if someone knows a (free) place to stay safely with a motorhome in amsterdam.
as i don`t know amsterdam, i don`t like to end up parking in the worst areas ;)
i`ve experienced the problem of forbidden overnight-camping in dutch cities. how is it in amsterdam?
(i really don`t like to waste my money for expensive campingsites)
On 27th and 28th august we stay in Amsterdam on camping Zeeburg (but don't come to the meeting)
This camping is about 5 km from Central Station which you easily can reach by bus. We allways go with our bikes to Amsterdam-city.
Near this camping there is a parking at a swimmingpool and I think you can safe stay with your motorhome there and free :wink:
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

As I think hämoglobin is already on tour i send it him as an SMS.
computerfreak
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by computerfreak »

wisi wrote:As I think hämoglobin is already on tour i send it him as an SMS.
Thank you, I look if I see a German motorhome on this parking on 27th august :wink:
computerfreak
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by computerfreak »

Are there still EBT-ers in Amsterdam on sunday 27th august in the late afternoon or evening?

Because I (and 4 of my family) are in Amsterdam-city then and I really want to drink a glass with you on EBT...
8)
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by N0W1K »

I'm going to be there till monday 28th
Member of the European Association of Eurobilltrackers (A2E)
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

Crazy Bob wrote:if you're coming from the west (A1) you may park at Weesp railway station. Both parkings are free of charge.
Here you mean: coming from the EAST. 8)
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

eddydevries wrote:
Crazy Bob wrote:if you're coming from the west (A1) you may park at Weesp railway station. Both parkings are free of charge.
Here you mean: coming from the EAST. 8)
indeed, you're right :oops:
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

computerfreak wrote:Are there still EBT-ers in Amsterdam on sunday 27th august in the late afternoon or evening?

Because I (and 4 of my family) are in Amsterdam-city then and I really want to drink a glass with you on EBT...
8)
I can probably have a drink after the bustour, probably around 5/5.30. So maybe other bus-tour-participants will join.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”