EBTM07: Chitchat

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

EBTM07: Chitchat

Post by Mr Euro »

Hey,

The thread of the next EBTM07 are posted, now we can finally start thinking about EBTM07. This topic may be used to talk about it.

For instance:

* Who would you like to see on EBTM07?
* Where would your ideal place for EBTM07 be and why?
* Do you have great ideas for candidate organisers?
* Would you like to include EBTM07 in a longer stay in that country?
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

I would like the EBTM07 to be in Berlin, Germany, as I can attach a nice side-trip to the journey to and from Berlin.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Vienna, Austria. That would be an option, a great one, Maybe we can visit the ÖNB for instance. And I have never been in Austria before.

Another option is that we should be heading south now, for example, Spain or Portugal...
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

I think berlin is a good candidate, it is nice and has a lot of european history. 2007 is the year when another part of a former communist county becomes member of the eurozone. the first was the former east germany with eastberlin as its capital... thus that should be a good year for euro-loving people to meet there. and of course, there are many other good points for this city :)
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I propose to change the welcome words in the annoucement post of this forum.

:wink:

I was just thinking that it looked very quiet over here...

Some more thinking going on about EBTM2007 in the other countries ? :?:
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by N0W1K »

I want to meet you all again in France or Germany :wink:
Member of the European Association of Eurobilltrackers (A2E)
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

I have never been to Paris and Berlin (just passing by) .. so, it would be nice to visit these cities with an EBT meeting. But it doesn't really matter for me :wink:
Mr Euro wrote:* Would you like to include EBTM07 in a longer stay in that country?
If possible, when are the dates know ?
(I have to fill in a summerholiday form....next month :evil: )
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

yli wrote:
Mr Euro wrote:* Would you like to include EBTM07 in a longer stay in that country?
If possible, when are the dates know ?
(I have to fill in a summerholiday form....next month :evil: )
The dates will be known early 2007. It all depends on the organisers.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

We are thoroughly discussing the organisation of EBTM2007 in France.

Our process is as follows :
1. We try to have a brainstorming about different possibilities to host the EBTM2007, in various cities
2. If another city is not possible ; then, we will submit a bid for Paris2007, which I believe will be at the 2nd term of August
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

An official EBTM can be organised in all months of the year. It depends on many factors: When is the best time for the organisers to organise? When are the best weatherconditions for the location? (Pe August is too hot in some parts of southern Europe)? Is there already another big event in the location?

So wait and see who will place their candidacy for the next official EBTM. I bet this year we have more than one place to choose from...
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

Nice nomination for Paris.

Now we have a choice!

I see Paris chooses to do it as a two day event. But from experience i know that on friday a respectable amount of people will be in Paris already. If there is no further program just point out a café or something where people can gather around to meet and chat already.
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

BaliBennie wrote:I see Paris chooses to do it as a two day event. But from experience i know that on friday a respectable amount of people will be in Paris already. If there is no further program just point out a café or something where people can gather around to meet and chat already.
Obviously on Friday evening we can organise a "come together" in a café or a restaurant. But the official meeting is as presneted in the candiature post.

Let's see if other cities candidate ! :wink:
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

A suggestion for the organizers of future EBTMs: Assign a secretary who will keep track of who's coming where and when, what everyone has paid, are there any special diets and so on. Believe me, I know what I'm talking :wink:
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Since Fons misposted the following in the wrong thread, I moved to here:
Fons wrote:Berlin and Paris, both are cities I've already been, so I'd like it to see a city where I have never been before ;)

What about people who can organize a meeting in Vienna, Lisbon, or even Dublin (fjon ;), hehe). Or Greece

but don't worry ;) If the meeting is gonna be in Paris or Berlin, i'd love to be there and have as much as fun as all other participants!!!
Cobbdouglas
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Cobbdouglas »

I don’t think that Vienna would be the best location for a meeting in 2007. The main reason is that none of the Viennese User ever attended an international meeting, while the Austrian Community is growing and the first meetings were held we are still kind of separated from the rest of the etb-community. One reason is the geography of Europe; we are now in the heart of the EU but not of the Euro zone and even less central when it comes to the geographical distribution of ebt members. If the meeting would take place in Vienna almost 100% of the international participants would have to fly in or accept a long and expensive car/train ride, the closest ebt-stronhold, Nürnberg, is already 6 hours away.

In my opinion Berlin is at the moment the better choice, the distance to the Netherlands/Belgium and to Finland is shorter and Berlin is the home base of AirBerlin, therefore cheap flights from all over Europe are available. I am not sure about Paris, Paris is a real nice city but I don’t know about the local user base, France still looks a little bit like an ebt-dessert and Paris is not the cheapest place in Europe. At the same time Paris is still a central place for a lot of the ebt-users and a “must see” for everyone (but that’s the same with Vienna and Berlin, three very different but also very interesting cities).

Dublin and Lisbon are also interesting locations but the problems to get there are again from my point of view a real downside. If we keep in mind that the majority of users is located in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Finland how to get from this four countries to a meeting is one of the key factors for a successful meeting.

I can imagine that Vienna will be a good location in the near future, say 2008 or 2009, also depending on the development in new member country Slovenia and maybe by then also Slovakia. The year Slovakia joins would be especially interesting, a meeting taking place in Vienna AND Bratislava is easy to organize (the distance is only 45 minutes) and would be a good way to promote ebt there and welcome the newest member of the euro-family.

Return to “International EBT-meetings”